WTF is going on with our Navy???

You've got to wonder what the hell is going on in these ships. They're supposed to be ready to defend themselves at all times, with multiple systems for detecting threats, but this year the score is destroyers 0 - cargo ships 2.

As someone who has a little knowledge of ship navigation (Live and work on a 1000 ft ship) I can tell you there are ports around the world where almost anything goes as far as who has the right of way and which side ships pass each other due to the huge amount of traffic of all sizes. This is no excuse but can be an issue.

Then your friends are fucking stupid. There is no greater force projection than the Navy, real war happens and a legit WestPac takes place, with the Frigates, CGs, and DDGs running protection for the carriers out of San Diego, they alone could control this side of the hemisphere.

SWCC based out of the South and WA could stop any attacks on our mainland, our forward bases in Guam and Okinawa ensure safe passages for economic good through the pirate ridden areas past PI.

I'm not even going to talk shit about BMs as they're ten times more talented than deck scraping undes, but you shoud fuck right off with your assumptions about the Navy. Army, Marines, and Air Force mean absolutely fuck all without the US Navy controlling the seas.
If the navy was so tough/strong and awesome as you say, then they would be on land shooting at terrorists in actual combat like real warriors, not using their video game skills to press a button and launch a rocket..

If the navy was so tough/strong and awesome as you say, then they would be on land shooting at terrorists in actual combat like real warriors, not using their video game skills to press a button and launch a rocket..

Go tell that to a corpsman to their face instead of talking shit on a forum. They probably wouldnt kick your ass because the Navy is one of the most disciplined fighting forces on Earth. (thats why I make fun of them for making mistakes)

Go tell that to a corpsman to their face instead of talking shit on a forum. They probably wouldnt kick your ass because the Navy is one of the most disciplined fighting forces on Earth. (thats why I make fun of them for making mistakes)
Psst.. Brosef.. I was trolling the dude I quoted.. I thought it would be funny given his hardon for the navy..

But in all seriousness how the hell does the navy have the tough guy reputation when they don't go on land and fight? Then you got shit like Popeye the Sailor reinforcing that image.

You say they are disciplined at fighting, but really what kind of fighting do they do? They launch missiles. They don't go house to house with a squad and shoot Islamists, they stand 30 miles off shore where it is safe and launch missiles. How is launching missiles from the safety of your boat away from the combat disciplined fighting? It really does fit with the video game analogy.

Psst.. Brosef.. I was trolling the dude I quoted.. I thought it would be funny given his hardon for the navy..

But in all seriousness how the hell does the navy have the tough guy reputation when they don't go on land and fight? Then you got shit like Popeye the Sailor reinforcing that image.

You say they are disciplined at fighting, but really what kind of fighting do they do? They launch missiles. They don't go house to house with a squad and shoot Islamists, they stand 30 miles off shore where it is safe and launch missiles. How is launching missiles from the safety of your boat away from the combat disciplined fighting? It really does fit with the video game analogy.

Guess you are fit to be a NAVY SEAL.

Not enough spinach.

200481513_a1a0aa265a_o.jpg

Seems very strange that your vessels are being involved in such serious accidents?

Imagine the damage that a vessel with nefarious intentions could create (like a suicide style ramming)?

WTF is going on?

How can they be a fighting force, if all they do is push a button? Why is Popeye a Sailor and not a Marine or Army spec ops(actual badasses)

Mario is only a plumber but he is brave and saves Princesses.

Seems very strange that your vessels are being involved in such serious accidents?

Imagine the damage that a vessel with nefarious intentions could create (like a suicide style ramming)?

WTF is going on?

a speedboat with enough explosives could sink an aircraft carrier and yet our battleships are being rammed by oil tankers

How can they be a fighting force, if all they do is push a button? Why is Popeye a Sailor and not a Marine or Army spec ops(actual badasses)

Popeye was a Coast Guardsman first... Lookit up.

I may be bias, but while the squids are better killers, coast guard are better boat drivers.

a speedboat with enough explosives could sink an aircraft carrier and yet our battleships are being rammed by oil tankers

Bit worrying eh? These large ships they are colliding with are hardly fast or nimble. They have been on a path to collide with your vessels for a while, and nothing has been done.

Something is going seriously wrong.

Lol. They have one job. Don't let the ship get destroyed lol. The navy is a joke.

Oh and yes a spotter could see this vessel from about 11-15 miles depending on how high off the water and how tall the ship was. There would likely be a quartermaster and officer of the deck. All this below the radars. They were tracking it the whole time it was coming at them

And the Bosun. And the junior officer of the deck. And the conning officer. And the helmsman. And the flight deck watch.

Seriously, i dont get how this happens.

Worst post of 2017.
I just came across this article in the Navy Times that makes this same argument. Maybe they don't know much about the Navy either.
http://www.navytimes.com/news/your-...g-a-mess-here-s-how-the-navy-wants-to-fix-it/

Prioritizing culture shifts that are seen as socially good rather than focusing on training that prepares soldiers to do their jobs and fight wars is seen as one half of the Navy's current problem, the other being a decreasing number of vessels and decreased maintenance on the vessels still sailing due to budget cuts under the previous administration.

Lol. They have one job. Don't let the ship get destroyed lol. The navy is a joke.
You can only make one thing your priority. If social justice is your number one priority, then sailing isn't.

Back