wtf is going on with this crazy GOAT talk

It absolutely blows my mind that Woodley would be in welterweight GOAT talks.....he's literally beat or lost everyone GSP beat but a decade after their prime(koscheck, hieron, condit, shields)

Shit performances and arguable wins against wonder boy twice and a win over maia

People say woodley finishes everybody when he's 3 finishes in nearly five years

Hell there was a big thread last year I believe where people and the TS were trying to argue that Woodley had a better resume already

Hey I got nothing against Woodley...this isn't personal...it's about his job performance and his deluded ads fans that live vicariously through him and request a list of reasoning why you like him or you are a racist....talk about paranoid delusional projection

Goats recognize grass

Damn... I thought this was about the live Joe Rogan - Firas Zahabi MMA podcast... Sherdoggers gonna need some mental PEDs for this one.

Hot damn! Finally, a thread devoted to goat-worship!

svein-yngve-sandvik-antonsen-baal-sveiny1.jpg

.... oh, shit. The acronym. Nevermind.

this generation????

This has been happening on message boards since before TUF. It goes hand in hand with combat sports, has since the beginning of time.

this generation????

This has been happening on message boards since before TUF. It goes hand in hand with combat sports, has since the beginning of time.
before people debated the actual people in line for the crown. Not this Colby has about 3 more fights before hes goat bs. I don't ever remember people throwing peoples names around so soon. When ngannou was fighting stipe people were saying his climb was so meteoric he could be considered for goat if he defends once blah blah.

i'm tellling ou having been reading this place for a looong time. The everyone is goat talk has ramped up significantly

Holy shit its like anytime someone with a belt wins we have to evaluate their GOAT status in numerous threads. Is this generation so needy it needs to proclaim someone GOAT from their era asap?

It seems to be some American sports fan fascination. Every so often when I catch a snippet of Boxing, NFL, Baseball - Ice Hockey it seems like Gretzky is the best ever, but someone will probably argue that, the conversation of best player/coach comes up and seems to be a tag the pundits and fans take very seriously.

I don't watch a great deal of NFL, but depending on who your team is, if Brady is mentioned as the best QB of all time, it's almost a crime to suggest that - even though he's won 5 or 6 Super Bowls? And the coach of the Patriots when his status is being discussed as the best or one of the best coaches in NFL is downgraded because of how good Brady is.

It can turn into such a childish debate when folk start talking about what really is an imaginary title.

It seems to be some American sports fan fascination. Every so often when I catch a snippet of Boxing, NFL, Baseball - Ice Hockey it seems like Gretzky is the best ever, but someone will probably argue that, the conversation of best player/coach comes up and seems to be a tag the pundits and fans take very seriously.

I don't watch a great deal of NFL, but depending on who your team is, if Brady is mentioned as the best QB of all time, it's almost a crime to suggest that - even though he's won 5 or 6 Super Bowls? And the coach of the Patriots when his status is being discussed as the best or one of the best coaches in NFL is downgraded because of how good Brady is.

It can turn into such a childish debate when folk start talking about what really is an imaginary title.

in hockey the old guys will argue Orr is comparable, which at that point the obvious hockey GOAT is Mario Lemieux. If you want ill dig up the clip of gretzky saying as far as he's concerned Mario is the greatest player of all time. I don't even think he's being humble about it. He played against and with the guy, knew his compete level and knew Mario had the same if not better skills and he had the size and toughness he didnt have to keep people off the puck.

As far as football, to many greats, not enough of a disparity in skill. my votes are walter payton/barry sanders rb rice wr lawrence taylor defence with asterix cuz crack cocaine lulz. qb who do you want on your team full prime knowing all their careers. Payton.

GOAT talks involving guys just hitting their prime or new champs are the worst. Agreed op

As the great RZA once said, "shit's been weak." Yeah, it's fucking annoying as hell. I don't get the need to do it after EVERY FUCKING WIN. Look at the heavies front page. At least 20-25% of it is pointless GOAT nonsense. I thought they were supposed to send any GOAT threads directly to the wasteland.

Back