WWE made out of Ronda Rousey the female Rowdy Roddy Piper.

But than I grew up...to see grown ass man in the audience is pretty sad to me, TBH...

tenor.gif

lol, Ronda has no charisma whatsoever. Hot Rod was one of the best personalities and talkers in wrestling.

The amount of people offended by someone who doesn't get the idiotic spectacle that is "WWE" is too damn high in this thread.

Don't worry, dumb fuck. I knew that would go over your head. Don't feel bad. It's not your fault you're a retard.

What if it is his fault?

They did it because she got her Rowdy nickname from Piper + attaching her to a well-regarded wrestling legend will help prevent fans from booing her. Nonetheless, I predict within 6 months she will piss the fans off somehow and start getting "AMANDA NUNES! HOL-LY-HOLM!" dueling chants from the smark fans.

Not viscous enough.

"Where's your pill-ow?"

Fucking Ronda doesn’t realize she’s the Mr T to the Piper in Ronda vs Asuka. A fucking outsider who has zero dues paid vs a vet.

She has zero introspection or character.

He certainly must bear some of the responsibility, but I blame the culture of whatever shithole country that vomited him out.

Quebec.

Not really. I just don't understand it, that's all.
Lol you called it fake and for 12 year olds. It's pretty obvious you're trying to be insulting even though you're playing ignorant to it now.

Yeah, I guess it's fun...if you're 12 y.o.
Hate to tell you but MMA is aimed at that same "12 year old" demographic . So its kind of like you liking King Kong but calling The Avengers stupid .

Hate to tell you but MMA is aimed at that same "12 year old" demographic . So its kind of like you liking King Kong but calling The Avengers stupid .

Not really.

Not really.

You are correct
The actually age of UFC/Bellator viewers is younger then WWE's

https://deadspin.com/study-the-median-age-of-tv-wrestling-viewers-has-nearl-1795864450

In 2000, the median age of a pro wrestling viewer was 28. Now it’s 54, per the SBJ. The age of the wrestling audience nearly doubled in 17 years!

But the TV data tracks with other info. The average age of wrestling fans has gotten a lot older. Last year, wrestling journalist Dave Meltzer said the average age of WWE fans between 1997 and 2001 was 23. The average age is now in the 40s, Meltzer tweeted today.

You are correct
The actually age of UFC/Bellator viewers is younger then WWE's

https://deadspin.com/study-the-median-age-of-tv-wrestling-viewers-has-nearl-1795864450

In 2000, the median age of a pro wrestling viewer was 28. Now it’s 54, per the SBJ. The age of the wrestling audience nearly doubled in 17 years!

But the TV data tracks with other info. The average age of wrestling fans has gotten a lot older. Last year, wrestling journalist Dave Meltzer said the average age of WWE fans between 1997 and 2001 was 23. The average age is now in the 40s, Meltzer tweeted today.

That would be me (44). Most fans in that grouping hopped on the pro wrestling trolley back around the first Wrestlemania/War to Settle the Score. I was watching since maybe 1980-81 regularly. I see old vids on Youtube and remember bits and pieces even back to 1979.

That would be me (44). Most fans in that grouping hopped on the pro wrestling trolley back around the first Wrestlemania/War to Settle the Score. I was watching since maybe 1980-81 regularly. I see old vids on Youtube and remember bits and pieces even back to 1979.

A lot are the twenty-something AE fans that stayed.
Weird thing is, less teens/children watch WWE now then anytime in the modern era.

A lot are the twenty-something AE fans that stayed.
Weird thing is, less teens/children watch WWE now then anytime in the modern era.

I would have been a 20 something AE fan too. The casuals that were watching the first few WM's, came back for the AE, plus teens that would have been babies/toddlers during the first WM's had a reason to tune in.

I can't say I blame the teens/kids that don't want to watch it today. Things like Youtube and a more personalized entertainment experience is available now than 20 years ago. A lot of it may be tied to the downfall of television more than anything. There are way more digital options now that didn't exist once the Internet really took off in the early 2000's. Think about how viewing things have changed since streaming and Youtube.

There is no reason to watch WWE now. I don't buy into any of the characters. The format is stale. I try to watch an episode of RAW and I tap out after 20 minutes or so. The only thing that keeps my interest in PW around is watching videos of old territories and matches. It is cool to watch some of the matches that I had heard about through magazines back in the day. All of the older stuff puts anything the WWE has done post 1988 to shame due to a gritter feel and less cartoonish.

Vince is senile now. You can see it in his face. There is no coming back from the state wrestling/WWE is, until he passes on. No idea what will happen if he sells the company to Murdoch or someone else. How much worse can it get? Pro wrestling may have to die before it can be reinvented, unless you count MMA as PW...

Back