DARK PHOENIX (First Critics Reviews; Tracking for $50 Million Opening Weekend)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update: June 23, 2017

Dazzler Confirmed to Appear in X-MEN: DARK PHOENIX

oJxoKsi.jpg

Dark Phoenix, the upcoming X-Men film about the classic Jean Grey storyline, is gonna be even more dazzling than other installments: EW can confirm that mutant pop star Dazzler, who not only can sing and dance but also manipulate light, will appear in Phoenix.

Fans might remember that X-Men: Apocalypse actually had a deleted scene where Jean Grey (Sophie Turner) and Scott Summers (Tye Sheridan) came across Dazzler’s album at a mall record store. Turner revealed the shot on her Instagram page. Turner also made a 1989 reference which led folks to think that this image of Dazzler was Taylor Swift (the scene was ultimately cut from the final film).

Casting notices for Phoenix hit the Internet weeks ago with several parts open for new actors including one that sounds like Dazzler.

For Phoenix, EW has learned Dazzler will pop up but only in a small role and there is no plan at the moment to have Swift play her.

Dark Phoenix, directed by Simon Kinberg, will begin shooting this summer. Jessica Chastain is also in talks to play the film’s villain. It’s scheduled for release on Nov. 2, 2018.

http://ew.com/movies/2017/06/23/dark-phoenix-dazzler/

Update: June 23, 2017

Dazzler Confirmed to Appear in X-MEN: DARK PHOENIX

Dazzler-Dark-Phoenix-062317-Dragonlord.jpg

Dark Phoenix, the upcoming X-Men film about the classic Jean Grey storyline, is gonna be even more dazzling than other installments: EW can confirm that mutant pop star Dazzler, who not only can sing and dance but also manipulate light, will appear in Phoenix.

Fans might remember that X-Men: Apocalypse actually had a deleted scene where Jean Grey (Sophie Turner) and Scott Summers (Tye Sheridan) came across Dazzler’s album at a mall record store. Turner revealed the shot on her Instagram page. Turner also made a 1989 reference which led folks to think that this image of Dazzler was Taylor Swift (the scene was ultimately cut from the final film).

Casting notices for Phoenix hit the Internet weeks ago with several parts open for new actors including one that sounds like Dazzler.

For Phoenix, EW has learned Dazzler will pop up but only in a small role and there is no plan at the moment to have Swift play her.

Dark Phoenix, directed by Simon Kinberg, will begin shooting this summer. Jessica Chastain is also in talks to play the film’s villain. It’s scheduled for release on Nov. 2, 2018.

http://ew.com/movies/2017/06/23/dark-phoenix-dazzler/
I read this this morning and facepalmed. SMH @ Fox adding more pieces to a puzzle that they already can't handle.

Would be awesome to see Taylor Swift play her.

I think it would be great but she said she wants a lead part to go into a film she said she been offered plenty of walk on parts but only really to use her name. She said she did stuff like that in the past and felt like she would like to do comedy an possibly action if offered to her she is also a huge fan of drama. But it seems like comedy would be something she would love to do. She has visited people on the X-Men set in Canada where they where filming and was a friend to the producer at the time.

tumblr_nr71y5KAOo1tm668eo1_500.jpg

I hate their pigheadedness in jumping from decade to decade (First Class - 60s, Days of Future Past 70s, Apocalypse 80s, Dark Phoenix - 90s). Not only do the actors look unrealistically young for the older characters they are portraying, they lost a lot of momentum, storytelling opportunities and PROPER character development by jumping ten years to the future.

I thought the internal reboot after Days of Future Past would have allowed them plenty of space and opportunity to do whatever they want. But it seems to me that they're still in a hurry to tie it all up, in some weird obsessive way, to the first X-Men movie in 2000.

X-Men-600x450.jpg

After witnessing Logan, I don't know AIF I still have the guts to watch X-men.

So depress about what happened to the X-men in Logan.

I hate their pigheadedness in jumping from decade to decade (First Class - 60s, Days of Future Past 70s, Apocalypse 80s, Dark Phoenix - 90s). Not only do the actors look unrealistically young for the older characters they are portraying, they lost a lot of momentum, storytelling opportunities and PROPER character development by jumping ten years to the future.

I thought the internal reboot after Days of Future Past would have allowed them plenty of space and opportunity to do whatever they want. But it seems to me that they're still in a hurry to tie it all up, in some weird obsessive way, to the first X-Men movie in 2000.
Fuggen fox...smh

They don't even put the effort into it. None of the movies felt like they were in any particular decade. It's a stupid and poorly executed gimmick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back