DARK PHOENIX (First Critics Reviews; Tracking for $50 Million Opening Weekend)

Status
Not open for further replies.
the problem with apocalypse was his ending, and how he was shorter than a couple of his horsemen.

he lost a step without the ability to vary his size. which may have only been in the cartoon, but it was cool.
Not just in the cartoon.
x-men-apocalypse-giant-sand-desert-marvel-hd-1080P-wallpaper-middle-size.jpg

Apocalypse's full extent of powers remain to be revealed, especially to the extent of which powers have since been augmented by alien technology. Apocalypse claims to have control of his body on the molecular level and structure-- allowing him to shape change and elongate with virtually unlimited range, to increase density and allow his body to mimic metals and armors, to teleport, and to be virtually immune to the effects of age. Apocalypse can also increase and enhance his strength to levels surpassing that of the Incredible Hulk. Apocalypse can grow to giant sizes, and gain the power of flight, sometimes through turning his arms into wings or jets. Apocalypse can also transform himself into a variety of human disguises.He has exhibited energy absorbing and projecting abilities in the past. Apocalypse has been termed an "External," due to his mutant ability of immortality. Briefly, Apocalypse has shown potential to be a powerful psionic.It has further been hinted that Apocalypse's body is ravaged by a techno-organic disease. Many of his regenerated bodies must use an exoskeleton body armor to prevent his energies from consuming him. Apocalypse can apparently merge/switch host bodies to continually revive his self-consuming body.

They should reboot this franchise from the ground up.
1. Get rid of Singer. Make it look like an accident if you have to.
2. Recast everybody, including Mac & Fass, but definitely Sophie.
3. Do a proper Phoenix Saga trilogy.

I agree with recasting Turner, but Mcavoy and Fassbender? That's just crazy talk. I love Fassbender's Magneto, he's the best thing about those movies. I'd be cool with them changing up Mystique though. They don't necessarily have to recast Jennifer Lawrence, but her character is way too emo.

I agree with recasting Turner, but Mcavoy and Fassbender? That's just crazy talk. I love Fassbender's Magneto, he's the best thing about those movies. I'd be cool with them changing up Mystique though. They don't necessarily have to recast Jennifer Lawrence, but her character is way too emo.

Love Fass & Mac, too, but they need to wipe the slate clean for a reboot, imo.
Nothing should remain to associate the reboot with anything that happened in the previous movies. Especially Singer.

Apocalypse should've been all done with CGI like the Hulk in Avengers.

He should've been huge and had a fight scene where wolverine was all over his with the claws.

They should let me direct an Xmen movie. It would be fucking kick ass I'll tell you that much.

I also think they should make an Xmen movie with the heroes in their 90s Xmen costumes. Or from astonishing Xmen. All blues and yellows, different mutants with different costumes. If they can make captain America look cool they can do the same for the Xmen.

I want this to be exact

astonishing_x-men_gifted_dvd_cover.jpg

You know @Anung Un Rama was gonna be in a Xmen related thread. When it comes to the Xmen he's like a fat kid on cake.

Yuge Xmen fan, Big, Yuge, Bigly

the problem with apocalypse was his ending, and how he was shorter than a couple of his horsemen.

he lost a step without the ability to vary his size. which may have only been in the cartoon, but it was cool.
Been awhile since I saw it, so I can't remember if this scene was in a dream or not.

giphy.gif

I thought they did an OK job with Apocalypse, but there wasn't enough time to introduce all o the new X-men, the 4 horsemen (including recruiting them) and still find a way to shoe horn J-Law in as some sort of leader.

Should have just been Apocalypse by himself and he goes extra large in the final fight scene.

Been awhile since I saw it, so I can't remember if this scene was in a dream or not.

giphy.gif

I thought they did an OK job with Apocalypse, but there wasn't enough time to introduce all o the new X-men, the 4 horsemen (including recruiting them) and still find a way to shoe horn J-Law in as some sort of leader.

Should have just been Apocalypse by himself and he goes extra large in the final fight scene.

i believe that was in the astral plane. not quite the same as the team having to battle a literal giant

I just hate how since Jennifer Lawrence has become really popular, they started focusing on Mystique as a main character. Her role and impact was perfect in the original trilogy.

Give the rights back to Marvel already!!

I, a big gan of yhe xmen, but I personally cant stand the dark phoenix storyline

Apocalypse was about as mediocre as possible. The problem was that it was a waste of a great storyline. That movie should have been epic, not meh.

Once Marvel has the rights back (which i doubt will happen anytime soon) i want a on screen team of

Cyclops
Emma Frost
Colossus
Wolverine
Storm
Iceman

Apocalypse should've been all done with CGI like the Hulk in Avengers.

He should've been huge and had a fight scene where wolverine was all over his with the claws.

They should let me direct an Xmen movie. It would be fucking kick ass I'll tell you that much.

I also think they should make an Xmen movie with the heroes in their 90s Xmen costumes. Or from astonishing Xmen. All blues and yellows, different mutants with different costumes. If they can make captain America look cool they can do the same for the Xmen.

I want this to be exact

astonishing_x-men_gifted_dvd_cover.jpg

Blasphemy. Claremont or bust.

Those costumes killed Wheadon's run for me. Gifted was the only good arc, I found the whole thing vastly overrated, but again I'm a huge Claremont fan.

Sounds like X-Men.

They need to do the definitive team of just before the Blue/Gold team split, circa 1991:

Cyclops
Storm
Wolverine
(Blue) Beast
Archangel
Colossus
Psylocke
Rogue
Gambit
Jean Grey
Iceman

Aka pretty much what translated to the animated series in the 1990's.

Blasphemy. Claremont or bust.

Those costumes killed Wheadon's run for me. Gifted was the only good arc, I found the whole thing vastly overrated, but again I'm a huge Claremont fan.

I like the costumes mang, they need to do a movie where they are wearing their classic blues and yellows

as long as they keep my favorite teleporting mutant on screen im down.

My personal favourite team is the one from Byrne and Claremont's run, with Cyclops, Wolverine, Storm, Nightcrawler, Colossus, and Kitty Pryde. You can throw in a couple extra ones such as Jean Grey or Beast.

Personally, I'd be happier if they didn't do the Phoenix saga again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back