DARK PHOENIX (First Critics Reviews; Tracking for $50 Million Opening Weekend)

Status
Not open for further replies.
@MaveDeltzer is that Comic Book Girl 19?

Correct, Dazzler is her favorite mutant.
f3c69c0bdbbd7f6d6c43dc63bc060f53.jpg

Ironically Chastain probably would have been a good Jean Grey at some point in time.

I actually think Sophie is not a bad actress in the slightest. I like her work on GOT. BUT she was not impressive in Apocalypse, which largely stunk up the joint in general. If not for Fassbender delivering again (McAvoy too but he had more of a thankless role this time out) that film would have been a real p.o.s.

Agreed. Sophie is really talented. Everyone was terrible in Apocalypse. A cast that included academy winner Jen Law, McAvoy and Fass

i don't get the sophie turner casting. She can't do the accent. She's still got a lot of growing to do as an actor ( she can't act).

The only things in her favor are she's a ginger. She's on game of thrones. The movies have been so average that her slightly below average performance didn't stand out as much as it should've.

at this point ill never blindly spend my money on fox xmen anything. to many let downs

Update: June 29, 2017

Lamar Johnson Joins X-MEN: DARK PHOENIX; Evan Peters to Return as Quicksilver

Lamar-Johnson-Dark-Phoenix-062917-Dragonlord.jpg

Evan Peters is rejoining the X-Men. The actor, who played the breakout character Quicksilver in X-Men: Days of Future Past and X-Men: Apocalypse, is reprising his role as the mutant speedster for X-Men: Dark Phoenix.

Also coming on board the movie, which is beginning production in Montreal this week, is Lamar Johnson, one of the stars of the BAFTA Award-winning Canadian show The Next Step. Johnson's character is being kept under wraps.

Dark Phoenix is bringing back the recent mainstays of the X-Men franchise — Jennifer Lawrence, Michael Fassbender, James McAvoy and Nicholas Hoult — as well as reuniting the younger actors of Apocalypse — Sophie Turner, Alexandra Shipp, Tye Sheridan and Kodi Smit-McPhee — as it adapts a key storyline from the X-Men comics.

Longtime X-Men steward Simon Kinberg is writing and making his directorial debut with the movie, which is slated to open Nov. 2, 2018.

Peters' Quicksilver was not part of the story when it was first told in the comic book medium, but the character has become an audience favorite with his appearances in the two previous X-Men movies.

'X-Men: Dark Phoenix': Evan Peters Returning as Quicksilver; Lamar Johnson Joins the Cast (Exclusive)

I love Jessica chastain, she actually said in an interview a couple of years ago she would love to play a comic book villain and she would have a lot of fun with it. That said, I agree with others that said they don't like Turner as jean grey and that apocalypse sucked ass.

Jessica Chastain be a good choice for Jean Grey Phoenix actually. For this movie they dont need a teenage looking Sophie Turner. They can go more seasoned.

And now if Chastain's truly in the mix, it's gonna make people wonder why they just didn't go with her. I felt that way with THE DARK KNIGHT RISES, like why cast Hathaway as Catwoman when you have Marion Cotillard? (But then she was pregnant at the time.)

They should give Eva Green a crack at catwoman. Just watch Penny Dreadful or Sin City movie, or Rise of an empire

Edit, I am so sorry I did not realize, there is some nudity in this vid. I kinda of just skipped around in it, and did not see those clips.

Last edited:
Update: June 23, 2017

Dazzler Confirmed to Appear in X-MEN: DARK PHOENIX

Dazzler-Dark-Phoenix-062317-Dragonlord.jpg

Dark Phoenix, the upcoming X-Men film about the classic Jean Grey storyline, is gonna be even more dazzling than other installments: EW can confirm that mutant pop star Dazzler, who not only can sing and dance but also manipulate light, will appear in Phoenix.

Fans might remember that X-Men: Apocalypse actually had a deleted scene where Jean Grey (Sophie Turner) and Scott Summers (Tye Sheridan) came across Dazzler’s album at a mall record store. Turner revealed the shot on her Instagram page. Turner also made a 1989 reference which led folks to think that this image of Dazzler was Taylor Swift (the scene was ultimately cut from the final film).

Casting notices for Phoenix hit the Internet weeks ago with several parts open for new actors including one that sounds like Dazzler.

For Phoenix, EW has learned Dazzler will pop up but only in a small role and there is no plan at the moment to have Swift play her.

Dark Phoenix, directed by Simon Kinberg, will begin shooting this summer. Jessica Chastain is also in talks to play the film’s villain. It’s scheduled for release on Nov. 2, 2018.

http://ew.com/movies/2017/06/23/dark-phoenix-dazzler/

They should do Mojo and Mojoworld movie too then.

They should give Eva Green a crack at catwoman. Just watch Penny Dreadful or Sin City movie, or Rise of an empire

She would be perfect. I fell in love with her all over again in MISS PEREGRINE'S HOME FOR PECULIAR CHILDREN.

I don't know which is from the comics but I thought morph was really good in the animated pilot. He was just so lovable and connected to the team.

Animated Morph was GOAT-tier comic relief.

Age of Apocalypse Morph had a pretty cool look that tied perfectly into his goofball personality.

morph-aoa.jpg

I dont think my body would be able to handle her in a cat suit for the film. god damn

That scene was handled poorly. I had a comic (Magneto #0) which revealed his daughter burned to death in a building fire. Angry villagers prevented Magneto from saving her, and he blacked out in a fit of rage, killing them all. When he regained his senses, his wife Magda looked at him in horror and fled. It made for a more horrifying scene as to the kind of hatred humans could harbor toward mutants that they would allow a man's child to burn to death.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob Gnuheart
Back