DARK PHOENIX (First Critics Reviews; Tracking for $50 Million Opening Weekend)

Status
Not open for further replies.
DArk Phoenix sage just is not intradasting without the Shiar. This may end up like the original trilogy with Famke Jannsen.

JDS playing cyclops
giphy.gif

Turner is such a terrible actress, in at least what I've seen her in, so it begs the question, whose fucking dick did she have to suck to get all these parts?
Yup. No way I see her pulling off threatening or tough or intimidating. Simpering, weak and bland, yes.

Hope to be surprised but expectations set to zero.

Update: December 7, 2017

First Look at Sophie Turner as Phoenix in X-MEN: DARK PHOENIX; New Story Details

Set in 1992, about 10 years after the events of last year’s X-Men: Apocalypse, Dark Phoenix opens with the X-Men, including Mystique (Jennifer Lawrence), Beast (Nicholas Hoult), Storm (Alexandra Shipp), Nightcrawler (Kodi Smit-McPhee), and Quicksilver (Evan Peters), in a new, unexpected role: national heroes. Charles Xavier (James McAvoy) even lands on the cover of Time magazine. But his growing ego puts the team at risk. “Pride is starting to get the better of him, and he is pushing the X-Men to more extreme missions,” Kinberg says. After they’re dispatched to space for a rescue mission, a solar flare hits the X-Jet and the surge of energy ignites a malevolent, power-hungry new force within Jean (Game of Thrones’ Sophie Turner)— the Phoenix.

Based partially on Chris Claremont’s comic, Phoenix will feature some of the series’ biggest set pieces to date, including the X-Men’s first trip to outer space. It’s also the most sinister, and somber, chapter in the saga and includes a massive twist halfway through that will irrevocably change the course of the franchise. “This is probably the most emotional X-Men we’ve done and the most pathos-driven,” McAvoy says. “There’s a lot of sacrifice and a lot of suffering.” The movie becomes a fight for Jean’s soul as Phoenix threatens to overtake her mind and divide the X-Men, particularly Jean and her mentor, Charles. “It’s about the butterfly effect of this thing happening,” says Turner, who studied schizophrenia and multiple personality disorders to prepare. “What happens when the person you love the most falls into darkness?”

All involved with the production of Phoenix last summer in Montreal wouldn’t know the answer as the experience on set was actually calm, an adjective not usually applicable to X-Men shoots. Ellen Page recently accused Last Stand director Brett Ratner of homophobic and abusive behavior on the set of that film. (Ratner’s lawyer did not respond to EW’s request for comment.) Singer faced sexual assault allegations in 2014. Those charges did not stem from anything on an X-Men production, but his sets do have a reputation for drama. (On Dec. 4, Fox dismissed him in the middle of directing Bohemian Rhapsody, and though he’s credited as a producer on Phoenix, he has not been directly involved with the film.) “I had heard stories of these sets,” admits Jessica Chastain, who plays an otherworldly shapeshifter who comes into contact with Phoenix. “But working with Simon and Hutch and Sophie was the most loving, strong, happy set.” Adds Lawrence: “It was unrecognizable. Everything was on time. Everything was organized. These movies have always been fun amidst chaos, and now they were fun with no chaos.”

dph_211_teenspirit_ewcover_v3-0.jpg

000270472hr.jpg

000270032hr.jpg

000270029hr.jpg

000270028hr.jpg

000270110hr.jpg

000270031hr.jpg

http://ew.com/movies/2017/12/07/xme...l&xid=entertainment-weekly_socialflow_twitter
<{Joewithit}>

I am not impressed by her cover performance.

Not really pretty and looks more like New Mutants Magma than Phoenix. Her hair can't be freaking on fire.

God this sounds like trash.

Apocalypse was horrible and I only watched it on HBO. I legit felt bad for letting it take up space on my dvr.

Yes, I do have something in mind. But my plate is a bit full now as I am currently working on my annual 2018 Movie Guide, Most Anticipated Films of 2018, article about the DCEU, my website and working on my new business. So the X-Men casting with scripts will have to wait after I'm done with it.

Take your time. Look forward to it brother.

According to the report, Jessica Chastain is playing an alien shapeshifter.

Skrull Queen?

She'll be Mystique from the future.

Thanks. I still feel that Chastain was trolling fans and she is still Lilandra. We'll know soon enough I guess.
Apparently that early info was wrong.

And soon it is.

Was there ever a Skrull Queen in the comics? It is really stupid to have a beautiful woman like Jessica Chastain transform into a green skinned ogre looking skrull. They are wasting her. The studio is better off with her playing Lilandra.

Skrull Queen Veranke lead the Secret Invasion of Earth.
250px-Queenveranke.jpg

Last edited:
Yes, I do have something in mind. But my plate is a bit full now as I am currently working on my annual 2018 Movie Guide, Most Anticipated Films of 2018, article about the DCEU, my website and working on my new business. So the X-Men casting with scripts will have to wait after I'm done with it.
Which is always thread of the year, btw

Another movie where Mystique is the main character just because she = J-Law and all the other characters will be lil pussies.

Will watch when i can pirate it, but not interested. Eagerly awaiting reboot from Disney after the purchase!

Wood though.
Maybe we'll get lucky and the massive twist halfway through will be Mystique getting offed?

I'm kind of ambivalent to this movie after Apocalypse and with all the talk of Disney possibly hopefully buying up Fox.

Am i the only one that hates this Phoenix saga?

Am i the only one that hates this Phoenix saga?
I don't hate it, but i think it's overrated.
There's plenty of other great stories that could be told. I don't know why FOX is so set on doing it.
Age of Apocalypse would be an awesome trilogy.

I just want Sophie to show her tits.

Come on, Hollywood

She will eventually, once people tire of her, she'll do a movie showing off the goods to get some attention.

This movie is gonna suck if Sophie Turner is the main villain. She has not been good in anything other than Game of Thrones and really how hard is it for a teenager to play a stuck up brat?

I hate how movies will cast actors based on them being in something else popular rather than whether they fit the role.
I think she’s god awful in GoT also. Just the same slightly annoyed smirk on her face in every scene. It’s like she’s incapable of showing any other emotion than just “meh.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back