DARK PHOENIX (First Critics Reviews; Tracking for $50 Million Opening Weekend)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also liked how when it was time for the X-men to Power Up and beat down some fools, they would play the theme song. The fights were well choreographed with everyone fighting at once. How badass is this?

Yaay another Dark Pheonix movie. This time with an even younger, charisma draining cast and a horrible Jean Grey. What could possibly go wrong?

Now this I might be interested in. Dark Phoenix was one of my favorite story lines. It'll probably suck though.

Maybe they can copy the X-men Cartoon series arch for this. They can bring in Kallark, Lilandra, intro Cyclops, and Havoks real father.

By the way, what happens to Havok in Apocalips? Did he vaporize himself or something?

Kallark is pretty awesome

Logan & Deadpool are the only x-men related flicks I've watched or enjoyed in the last 10 years.

Even First Class was just meh. Fox should just co-produce with marvel, like they are with Spiderman.

Is it asking too much to have a 20-something year-old Rogue and Gambit flirting with each other in an X-Men film? The sexy feisty Southern Belle with the mysterious bad boy Cajun. I've been wanting to see this since X-Men 1.

rogue-gambit-x-men-sugah.jpg

Apocalypse was a steaming pile of dog shit. Seriously. It was horrible.

Update: April 22, 2017

Next X-MEN Movie Title is X-MEN: DARK PHOENIX with Nov. 2, 2018 Release Date

X-Men-Dark-Phoenix-042217-Dragonlord.jpg

20th Century Fox has given official release dates to three upcoming X-Men movies. New Mutants will open on April 13, 2018. Deadpool 2 will follow on June 1, 2018. The next core X-Men movie, now confirmed to be X-Men: Dark Phoenix, will open on Nov. 2, 2018.

X-Men: Dark Phoenix will be an adaptation of "The Dark Phoenix Saga," generally regarded as the greatest X-Men story ever told. X-Men: The Last Stand previously adapted the story, but fans were generally not satisfied with the results. The X-Men movies' time travel shenanigans have provided Fox with a rare second chance to do the story justice.

Sophie Turner will return as Jean Grey, the host for the Phoenix Force and central figure of the saga. Tye Sheridan and Alexandra Shipp are expected to return as Cyclops and Storm, respectively. The older members of the prequel trilogy cast had their contracts expire after X-Men: Apocalypse, so their involvement remains up in the air.

X-Men: Dark Phoenix is also expected to begin film in Montreal in May, leading to some speculation that the film will connect directly to New Mutants.

New Mutants is being co-written and directed by Josh Boone. The film is inspired by the very first X-Men spinoff series, The New Mutants, which followed a new class of teenage mutants attending Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters. The film is expected to begin shooting in early May, with production taking place in Montreal and Boston.

Deadpool 2 is the sequel to 2016's underdog, R-rated hit. Ryan Reynolds will return as Wade Wilson, the merc with a mouth. He'll be working with new director David Leitch. While supporting cast members from the first Deadpool movie are expected to return, Deadpool 2 will also give Wade some new playmates. Atlanta breakout Zazie Beetz will play Domino, a mutant mercenary with the gift of good luck thanks her mutant powers. Josh Brolin will play Cable, the time-travelling mutant soldier/mercenary who gets stuck playing the straight man to Deadpool's zaniness.

20th Century Fox Announces Official Release Dates for Deadpool 2, X-Men: Dark Phoenix and New Mutants

I still don't think this is a good idea. Not because of bad memories, i'll still watch X3 everytime i see it on TV, for all the glorious mess it was. But the girl portraying Jean was just introduced. And Famke Janssen was a great, developed character. It made all the sense to do it then, and it was just a tornado of failure. Now, with this 5 head (i know, lame joke) kid you got established a year ago? Meh...

I'm calling it now, somehow Mystique morphs into the Phoenix to battle Dark Phoenix.

I thought Phoenix already went Dark and Wolverine killed her.

Phoenix Saga by Chris Claremont and John Byrne was super fantastic.

I'm calling it now, somehow Mystique morphs into the Phoenix to battle Dark Phoenix.
It hasn't happened yet due to the aftermath from Days of Future Past which wiped out the history from X-Men 1 to 3 movies.

I trust Fox for XMen content SLIGHTLY more than ANY non animated DC movie.

Thats huge for me, cuz I love me some Marvel and absolutely loathe DC.....

I just can't believe that there's been 17 years worth of X-Men films, and they couldn't figure out a way to correctly set up and execute the phoenix saga. You can't just have Jean Grey get introduced in Apocalypse and all of the sudden go into Dark Phoenix mode in the sequel, that just won't work. The audience barely knows who she is and she hasn't had time to establish any kind of relationships with the other characters, especially Cyclops who is central to the arc in the comic books.

It's amazing that the best translation from the comic books to film is still the 1990's animated series. It's 25 years old and was made on a minimal budget, but still did a much better job of adapting the characters and story from the source material. Get your shit together Fox.

And God I hope Jen Lawrece does not return. Her character arc makes no sense in the current movies. She goes from "Mutant and PROUD!!" in First Class to barely showing her true form at all in Apocalypse. Fucking stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back