DARK PHOENIX (First Critics Reviews; Tracking for $50 Million Opening Weekend)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mutant massacre was great, one of my favorites. Mojoverse? What the fuck are you smoking?

Longshot mini-series and the subsequent tie-ins with New Mutants.

Mojoverse got stupid real quick but when it first came out it was a pretty great satire on media, culture and comics themselves.

But then again, I'm a huge Ann Nocenti fanboy so take my opinion with a grain of salt. I consider her run on Daredevil to be one of the all time greats. She's also responsible for giving a certain Todd McFarlane his break into comics...

Not just in the cartoon.
x-men-apocalypse-giant-sand-desert-marvel-hd-1080P-wallpaper-middle-size.jpg

Apocalypse's full extent of powers remain to be revealed, especially to the extent of which powers have since been augmented by alien technology. Apocalypse claims to have control of his body on the molecular level and structure-- allowing him to shape change and elongate with virtually unlimited range, to increase density and allow his body to mimic metals and armors, to teleport, and to be virtually immune to the effects of age. Apocalypse can also increase and enhance his strength to levels surpassing that of the Incredible Hulk. Apocalypse can grow to giant sizes, and gain the power of flight, sometimes through turning his arms into wings or jets. Apocalypse can also transform himself into a variety of human disguises.He has exhibited energy absorbing and projecting abilities in the past. Apocalypse has been termed an "External," due to his mutant ability of immortality. Briefly, Apocalypse has shown potential to be a powerful psionic.It has further been hinted that Apocalypse's body is ravaged by a techno-organic disease. Many of his regenerated bodies must use an exoskeleton body armor to prevent his energies from consuming him. Apocalypse can apparently merge/switch host bodies to continually revive his self-consuming body.

Level 9000 Apoc Vs Thanos

Make it happen Uncle Dana

Was it? I heard it was and when I watched it I enjoyed it. It wasn't much worse then First Class and much better then Last Stand.
Last Stand's only saving grace was "I'm the Juggernaut, Bitch"

If they hadn't pussied out and used the full line it would have gone up a few points in my books.

Motherfucker says what?

Dark Phoenix is the greatest X-Men story ever told?

Great story? Yes.

Classic? Yes.

Greatest ever? When was this established?

Give me Storm with a mowhawk and no powers still jacking mutant punks up with a quarterstaff over some ditsy egotistical ginger bitch with attachment disorder anyday.

Longshot? Mojoverse? Mutant Massacre? Mr. Sinister? But apparently Dark Phoenix is the be all, end all. Hello, McFly anybody home?!?!

[Cajun accent] And if they do New Mutants without any input from Ann Nocenti it's gonna suck a big back of ebola infested monkey dicks, I guarantee [/Cajun accent].

Well yes, some people consider it the best X-men story. Some don't. Not a big deal.

If they hadn't pussied out and used the full line it would have gone up a few points in my books.
I love Juggs, but even saying the line couldn't save him. He was wwaaayyyyyyy too small, not imposing enough and his armor/costume ssuucckkeeddd

Marko is a top 5 X villain, only behind Magneto, Apocalypse, hell he may be #3 ahead of guys like Mr. Sinister, Emma Frost or Shaw (although Emma turned decent for a long time before the shit she pulled in Inhumans v. X-Men), Onslaught, etc..

I love Juggs, but even saying the line couldn't save him. He was wwaaayyyyyyy too small, not imposing enough and his armor/costume ssuucckkeeddd

Marko is a top 5 X villain, only behind Magneto, Apocalypse, hell he may be #3 ahead of guys like Mr. Sinister, Emma Frost or Shaw (although Emma turned decent for a long time before the shit she pulled in Inhumans v. X-Men), Onslaught, etc..
I actually have juggy higher than apocalypse..

Wouldn't be PG-13 at that point if he said Don't you know who da fuq I am??

"Charles, nOoooOoo."

Last edited:
Wouldn't be PG-13 at that point if he said Don't you know who da fuq I am??

"Charles, nOoooOoo."

PG-13 movies get one fuck now. I think a recent-ish movie traded something like gore for a second fuck.

I actually have juggy higher than apocalypse..

It's hard to tell, since Apocalypse's powers are somewhat vague and usually depend on whoever is writing the story. Juggernaut is consistantly written as a true Super-Heavyweight who can stand and bang with the best the MU has to offer, including Thor and the Hulk. En Sub Nur is vastly more intelligent and has a far greater range of powers. In terms of brute strength and durability, Juggs all day.

Because the X-men movies kinda suck. I learned to lower my standards a long time ago.

Yeah seems rushed If you ask me mike. Why should I even care, where Is the build up. Do I even know or care about jean grey yet?

Yeah seems rushed If you ask me mike. Why should I even care, where Is the build up. Do I even know or care about jean grey yet?

If they were smart, this second movie would introduce the Scott and jean relationship, maybe they could stick with Mr. Sinister as the villain and do the Mutant Massacre storyline. Beginning of the third film at the earliest sees them get married, and THEN do Phoenix Saga. This is going to be the second fucking time we've had the Phoenix saga without them going into space and meeting the Shiar. No Lilandra, Gladiator, etc. I don't know wtf the point is of rushing into it and doing it all wrong again. The cartoon did the damn thing right ffs.

I didn't hate Apocalypse, but they're going in the wrong direction with these imo.

x-men (+ every character from avengers) is the new star wars

you have a stupid fan base which will jerk off to any content as long as its labeled x-men
no incentive for movie studios to stop making bunch of sequels on a yearly basis - doesnt even matter who you cast as a director / actors or if the plot follows source material (or any material at all)
as long as the movie has the required name and characters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back