Xbox one/one x issues

Cozytoesflava

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
has anyone had an issue with the Xbox reading games? I have a one x and all my games are well taken car of and no scratches at all. It will play gow 4 and destiny 2 with no issues. Some of the others will only be read after a system reset. Rocket league won’t read at all. The system is only a few months old. Pretty lame. Tried contacting Xbox support and there is literally a 496 minute wait for a call back. Any input would be greatly appreciated

Never had an issue, my son sticks games in all the time with chocolate on his fingers etc and I have to wipe a game off here and there but nothing like you describe.

Sounds like a dust problem inside your Xbox. Do you dust it regularly?

It has been on the table at my girlfriends for a bit. She has a cat, ugh, and my dog is always here. The outside has been cleaned anyway.

Should I try a a duster can into the vents? Noob question, I know.

Edit. It really doesn’t look to have dust

There might be some pet dander on the inside. Blast it with a duster can in the vents and the slot. I wouldn't jam it up in there though.

If you have a shop vac they make a nice little cleaning attachment set for fine detail stuff that works awesome as well.

I thought about cruising for a can of duster around 10. Have a contractor coming tomorrow at 9 so working a half day and get to sleep in but didn’t want to look like a junky picking up duster at 10 o’clock. Lol.

I've had game discs occasionally not read but they usually do after a good cleaning. I think there has only been one game with install from disc issues that I couldn't fix and it was pretty scratched up.

There was a problem with the console. I had to send it in for repair. 3 months after getting it. So lame

Lol, bought a ps4 pro with uncharted 4 and the new god of war to pass the time. Been meaning to buy one anyway. I guess 3 weeks without an Xbox was the motivation I needed.

Last edited:
There was a problem with the console. I had to send it in for repair. 3 months after getting it. So lame

Lol, bought a ps4 pro with uncharted 4 and the new god of war to pass the time. Been meaning to buy one anyway. I guess 3 weeks without an Xbox was the motivation I needed.
That’s balls man. I really like to one x it’s sleek, too bad you got a dud. I like the one x more than the pro as hardware, but I end up on my pro a lot more because the game line up is better. Silver lining for your situation

That’s balls man. I really like to one x it’s sleek, too bad you got a dud. I like the one x more than the pro as hardware, but I end up on my pro a lot more because the game line up is better. Silver lining for your situation

TBH, I really like both. You hit the nail on the head. Xbox has the better hardware and I like the controller way better, but the PlayStation exclusives have always been so great. Uncharted is probably my favorite series I’ve ever played. Just started god of war, never played one, but really liking it so far. Catch wait to check out uncharted as well.

It was an issue on the 360 but havent heard about the one.

Back