XG-3 Series Killa Bee Gi Review

LODD2

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
EDIT: PICTURES FUCKED UP, WILL EDIT AND MAKE THEM BETTER LATER
EDIT2: Pictures still not up, I emailed XG-Performance about why my gi didn't come with a sac bag, they apologized and offered to compensate me with something. I will probably add another section + pics, and more collar comparisons.
Disclaimer
I am not affiliated with any Gi company, I am expressing my own opinion to the best of my ability in this hopefully comprehensive Gi review.

Hey guys, I got the XG-3 a little while back, and decided to review it after getting some rolling time with it. It is the revamped version of the XG-1 and XG-2.
The XG-3 came with the gi and a t-shirt, unlike the previous XG-2 which had a matching sacpack, but not t-shirt (mind you it was 30$ more).

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

The t-shirt is alright, its just a regular t-shirt that you would find at any store with a design on it. I wasn't a fan of the design and it was a bit big for me (make sure you ask which size you want), but its alright.

Gi Sizing: The Gi Sizing on me was quite large when I first put it on, the pants were perfectly sized for me (5'9 164, 31W 30L jeans) but the Gi top was too large. After washing it a bit, It’s a decent size now, but I prefer a smaller cut. I bought an A2, my only complaint with sizing is that the gi top is a bit large for my liking, its by no means unusable or exorbitantly large, but I like my gi's quite short (as in from top of gi top to bottom of gi top). I haven't dryed this yet however.
Sizing Chart
Size Height Weight (lbs)
A0 5'2" - 5'5" 110 - 135
A1 5'5" - 5'8" 136 - 160
A2 5'8" - 5'11" 161 - 185
A3 5'11" - 6'2" 186 - 220
A4 6'2" - 6'4" 221 - 255
A5 6'3" - 6'6" 256 to 285
Colors
I definitely like the contrast of colors, the black and yellow boldly stand out, and the name "Killa Bee" is well named. The other gi, the Tsunami is a White gi with blue contrast stitching, I never had a Black gi before, so I decided to get this one instead.
Style and Design
The style and design is well made throughout. There are 5 patches, the X-Guard logo, which is revamped and does not have the two grapplers in a x-guard position and instead a grappler in a victory pose. It has the standard X-Guard logo, the name of the Gi series (XG-3), the name of the gi (Killa Bee), and Compeition Kimono. None of these patches boldly stand out, which I am happy for as I don't and probably most of you guys don't like over the top patches everywhere.
Series 3 Kimono
- Sick Contrast Color Stitching
- Lite Pearl Weave Jacket
- Competition Strength 10 oz Canvas Trousers
- Double Stitched Logos
- 3 Color Ribbon Lining
- Thick Rope Drawstring

Copied from the website, this is what X-Guard advertises, pretty neat. Like I said in my previous review, when I found out that they fixed EVERY problem I had with their XG-2, I immediately got my hands on the XG-3.

The Gi Top is well constructed, the contrast stitching is excellent and straighter than their last XG-2. The patches are also double stitched so it looks cleaner and sharper than their last series main patch which was slightly wrinkled.

The Gi Collar is very well made and is made out of a thick stiff hard material, unlike their last series which was thick but squishy with some sort of spongy/rubber material. I personally perfer the rubber material, but I think the most important part of the collar is the thickness of it, and this one is quite thick. I noticed its harder to latch onto also without the rubbery material, which I like. I probably will prefer thick hard material from now on. The picture shows how thick the collar is by contrasting my finger with the collar.

The Sleeve has 2 less reinforcement lines than the previous series, but by no means is it weaker, it looks cleaner and the 2 reinforcement lines it has directly protects the band reinforcements that guard the sleeve. Has yet to feel like its going out.

Reinforcements
The Armpit reinforcement area looks MUCH better than the last XG-3 due to overall better stitching. The side vents are the same as the XG-2, and are reinforcend with a yellow lining.

Pants
The Pants are very well made, I like how X-guard performance made the pants a bit heavier as mine ripped before. The 8 Loops guarantee that the string won't fall down and the rope system in my opinion, is much stronger than the flat drawstring system.

The gi pants reinforcements are also quite strong, there is 4 lines of reinforcement made in a stylish manner that reinforces the band directly with the two lines being a bit closer to provide it with more reinforcement.

Last edited:

The crotch area is also heavily reinforced and is the most reinforced gi pants I've seen, they used over sized triangles to reinforced the area, and 3 of my gi pants ripped at the crotch area, but this one hasn't.

Customer Service
Just going to copy this from my last XG-2 Review, its pretty much the same, excellent level of Customer Service.
I would say the customer service is absolutely fantastic, whenever I had a question, I would get a response back within 24 hours. The owner is a very nice guy and when the Series 2 batch of gi's arrived late, he gave all the people who ordered the Series 2 gis an option of a free pair of grappling pants of a rashguard, with the latter being included in this review later. These guys listen to their customers and follow their mission statement "At X-GUARD PERFORMANCE WEAR, we believe that fashion, quality, and performance go hand-in-hand. We listen to our customers, read reviews, and participate in the sport to help us continually push our LIMITED EDITION GIS and PERFORMANCE APPAREL to the next level." very well. Especially the listening to customers and reading reviews. They have fixed virtually all the Con's I have mentioned.
Summary
This gi is fits all my needs and can be used in any situation, the collar is fairly hard to latch on to, the reinforcements are very well made, the stitching overall is fantastic, and I would highly recommend this gi to anyone, especially X-Guard lovers. I am definitely a long term fan.

Pro's
-Well made gi overall
- Best level of reinforcements I've seen
- Good price (120$ + shipping)
- Non-tacky, Not over the top designs
-Thick and Hard collar (new fan!)
- Good Customer Service
- Best stitching I've seen
Con's
-Gi Top is a bit oversized for me
-No sac-pack
- T-Shirt isn't that great and is too large
- X-Guard logo is a lot better than before, but I still think it could be changed into a more tasteful way.
- The fabric of the gi is a bit soft, although I'd imagine it'd get a lot harder after periods of drying and washing.

Last edited:
dk if im retarded and missed it but what size did you get?

You guys aren't retarded lol, I totally forgot to put in my sizing. I am A2 and I am at the bottom end of the A2 sizing at 5'8-5'9 (probably 5'9) and 164 pounds. One of the reasons why I like X-Guard so much is that their sizing is absolutely great.

Pictures will be edited and replaced soon. Also please excuse the pictures when they do come up as they are taken with a cellphone.

Back