Yair - “I'm not a f---ing joke.”

It's not his fault that the UFC is dumb enough to cut an exciting fighter like they've done in the past. UFC is becoming a joke with these decisions.

“I want to be the f---ing best, and I will show it. I am confident. People around me, who have seen me train, they will tell you. I'm not a f---ing joke.”

I mean, he said it himself..

I’m not even sure if he’d beat Bochniak. He’d be favored to win forsure, but I do think Bochniak can potentially beat him on a given night. He showed some grit against Zabit and if Zabs can’t finish him I don’t think Yair would.

Yair is also uncoachable from what I hear. He keeps switching camps left and right because he thinks these coaches are trying to ‘control him’ (his words), when in reality, they’re not trying to control him they’re just trying to get him to scale back on those low percentage flashy moves he keeps spamming.

This time around, he’s moving to Las Vegas to train at the UFC PI. His 4th or 5th camp switch.

I would pick Bochniak. Yair is incredibly overrated.

Yeah he is, he turned down fights against dudes who aren't even title contenders. Fuck off with you.

It's a power move by the UFC but it's against the wrong fighter.

That's what people said when they did it to Leslie Smith too.

The UFC seems to be sick of fighters turning down fights and trying to cherrypick opponents and I don't blame them.

They can cut Conor and Nate Diaz and all the other ducks as well for all I care.

Sorry you can't keep beating up the washed up bj penns of the world

I feel bad for Yair.

Talented prospect who was thrown to the wolves too fast, now no one takes him seriously. Give the kid time, he can improve his all around game.
I would agree normally but he doesn't seem to listen to anyone, so I can't see him improving where he is weak at all. He just wants to concentrate on his crazy low percentage leg kicks.

Bellator just got a star on their hands if they know how to promote him.

Maybe even quicker than 2 years.
giphy.gif

You already know Scott Coker has Yair vs Pitbull Brother A or B penciled in to headline at least 6 different Bellator cards.

You already know Scott Coker has Yair vs Pitbull Brother A or B penciled in to headline at least 6 different Bellator cards.

Pit bull brothers would win... yikes

If I’m understanding this correctly, Yair wants to crush cans, but be promoted as if he was a world beater and not a joke.

I'm really sad that this kid didn't take the Zabit fight. It had so much potential. What happened to this kid's belief in himself? Did Frankie really steal this kid's will? If he doesn't want to fight Lamas or Zabit, who does he want to fight? Fucking CM Punk?

He was hyped up by the UFC because of the UFC wanting a Mexican fighter. Seems like he kind of bought his own hype yet at the same time didn't have the confidence to face good fihgters anymore.

The manufactured hype for him and gave him an undeserved main event against a big name who has been done for years to help his career and he repays them by sitting out for a year and refusing fights.

They have a 100 cans he could crush on one of their 50 shitty fight night cards. Don't see a reason to cut em.

Isn't he like 25ish tho? Not the end of the world for him.

That's what people said when they did it to Leslie Smith too.

The UFC seems to be sick of fighters turning down fights and trying to cherrypick opponents and I don't blame them.

They can cut Conor and Nate Diaz and all the other ducks as well for all I care.
They will never cut Conor or Nate, as much as i wish they did, they can't.

I feel bad for Yair.

Talented prospect who was thrown to the wolves too fast, now no one takes him seriously. Give the kid time, he can improve his all around game.

Too fast? He was 6-0 in the UFC then lost to Edgar. That isn't exactly "fast".

Back