Yair - “I'm not a f---ing joke.”

a604c9df0c2734590ccec0684b7d947e.jpeg

"I want to be the f---ing best, and I will show it. I am confident. People around me, who have seen me train, they will tell you. I'm not a f---ing joke.”

“I couldn't handle the pressure. It exploded," Rodriguez said. "I was being really hard on myself. I was becoming crazy, honestly. It was weird stuff.”

"I wasn't listening to my coaches. I was getting mad at training. I thought I was right about certain stuff. I think during the process of growing and becoming a star, you just stop trusting a lot of people. I started putting myself in a bubble and it really affected me.”

—-

During UFC 223, Zabit called out Yair, and in a Twitter response, Yair somewhat declined the offer. I believe Yair will go down as a failed project because he doesn’t want to learn fundamentals and he tries to be way too flashy. He’ll be an fun fighter to watch but I don’t see him sticking around the Top 10 at 145 unless he changes his attitude about learning the basics.
Are you a wizard??

Let this be a lesson to all potential duckers and hopefully a start of a new trend in not allowing fighters to duck and handpick opponents.

It ain't boxing and I don't want it to be.

If you are in the UFC then be ready to fight the best, f you don't want to fight the best there are other orgs who love former UFC fighters.

And it is OK to lose... I would so much rather see a fighter step up and lose than duck until they get a favorable matchup and pretend they are unbeatable. That's why I loved guys like Chris Lytle, who fought his ass off against whoever they put him against. Eternal respect to guys like that. That is why people worship Sakuraba.

Move this to World wide forum, Yair is out of the UFC.

"I wasn't listening to my coaches. I was getting mad at training. I thought I was right about certain stuff. I think during the process of growing and becoming a star, you just stop trusting a lot of people. I started putting myself in a bubble and it really affected me.”

Wow... Dominating old, broken down, shell BJ really went to this kid's fucking head.

He wants to handpick fights coming off a loss and pad his record taking out Cans, maybe he better reinvent himself and become a pro boxer

I can understand not wanting the Zambia fight, which would be lose lose, but Lamas?

Losing to Lamas wouldn’t set him back, even if it’s his second straight.

Back