Yakuza crime novels

PBAC

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
idk
I have an urge to read some Yakuza oriented fiction. Preferably something adventurous and less of a godfather flick or generic crime/detective novel.

Fun fact, I briefly went drinking with some Osaka based Yakuza as the bar I went into was outside their HQ. They were pretty normal and kept offering me food.

idk
I have an urge to read some Yakuza oriented fiction. Preferably something adventurous and less of a godfather flick or generic crime/detective novel.

Fun fact, I briefly went drinking with some Osaka based Yakuza as the bar I went into was outside their HQ. They were pretty normal and kept offering me food.

Did you take the offering?

Not a novel but Tokyo Vice was a good read. Also a show now.

idk

Last Life in the Universe was good. Was a movie, not a book though.

Long ago I read The Ninja (I know cheesy title) by Eric Van Lustbader. It's heavy on Japanese stuff and later in the series there is some straight up Yakuza stuff. This author wrote quite a few Jason Borne novels, and some Sci-fi stuff too. I found his books that I've read combine spy/crime/oriental mysticism/fantasy themes at will.

NICHOLAS LINNEAR NOVELS

Now that I'm at the end of my post, I'm not sure I answered your question exactly....

Rising Sun by Michael Crichton. Although there's a few references to Yakuza it's more about Japanese culture clashing with American.

Back