Yakuza and Judgment series thread

Best Yakuza game

• Total voters
Well there aren't that many great open city games you can experience are there? There's GTA and Saints Row and that's pretty much it. Yakuza is up there.

I'd count Witcher 3 as a sandbox game, same as Elder Scrolls and the Fallouts. Different worlds but same premise.

Only played for maybe 2 hours last night but omg this is amazing so far and I've barely scratched the surface

Between this and RE7 what a start to the year

Only played for maybe 2 hours last night but omg this is amazing so far and I've barely scratched the surface

Between this and RE7 what a start to the year

Just wait until you play Nioh. Japanese studios are making Western studios look like chumps so far this year.

Nioh thread poppin but no love for this game. Smh this game is AMAZING

I'm looking for a good action game. Need another game outside of an FPS. I'm not too too much into heavy RPG elements.

Which would you guys recommend between NIOH and Yakuza 0, for those that have played and seen both?

Nioh thread poppin but no love for this game. Smh this game is AMAZING

Sherdog's video game forum misses the boat on many games. It often doesn't represent how the video game community is feeling about a game. I can bring up many games that other sites are excited about or enjoying that Sherdog doesn't even have threads on or threads with very little activity.

I so fucking love this game.

I'm going to buy a PS3 to play 4 and 5.

It's even improved my sex life as gf gets really horny when I do my yakuza voice.

I RL drunk even starred down a dude with an issue at a club by switching to yakuza bass voice, "I'm not somebody you should be talking with."

Last edited:
Asian crime drama, okay. The combat in Sleeping Dogs is leagues above Yakuza. Far less clunky. If anything I would say Yakuza is closer to Shenmue, at least to me.
Yeah, Yakuza is basically a good version of shenmue.

And 0 is good so far. Just got to the part where I unlocked both of the characters main side activities, so got a while to go still, but so far I'm enjoying it.
Really hope Kiwami (yakuza 1 remake) gets a release here, and that they remake 2.
Because going back to 1 and 2 feels kinda rough now.
Oh, and yakuza 6 comes with virtua fighter 5: FS included, so I would buy it just for that even if I hated the yakuza games.

Bumpity bump.

Have stopped playing after finishing the main story and doing 70% of the empire building business because there doesn't seem much more story to discover except via minigames which I find tedious. I will however buy Y4 and Y5 on a PS3.

Really fun game with alot of Japanese centric mini games but very niche. It's one of those you either love or hate it type of games. Cool story, interesting characters. Combat system is enjoyable if ignore the crappy collision detection and lack of polish that you see in AAA titles. It's a huge franchise in Japan.

I have only played Yakuza 1-4. I haven't touch 5 or 0, so I don't know how they play.
Ive played 3-5 and the zombie one and theyre all the same. Yes, theyre the exact same game repackaged over and over. Novelty wore off for me, but then again i dont game like i used to.

I so fucking love this game.

I'm going to buy a PS3 to play 4 and 5.

It's even improved my sex life as gf gets really horny when I do my yakuza voice.

I RL drunk even starred down a dude with an issue at a club by switching to yakuza bass voice, "I'm not somebody you should be talking with."
200_s.gif

I like this game, only other yakuza I've played was yakuza 3, I've read a while ago that yakuza 0 is just kinda like a prelim to the next game

Finally beat it

One of the greatest games ever. Seriously. More people need to play this

Ryu ga Gotoku/Yakuza is one of my favourite series, i remember waiting like a madman in 2006 the release of the first game.
I even bought a japanese ps3 to play RGG3 as soon as possible, i have played Kenzan, 3 ,4 and Of the End in japanese with a guide.

I haven't played 0 because honestly i have stopped playing videogames, but i have only read good things about it.
If you like the story and the setting of the game i suggest you to play the first 2 games of the series, by far the best story, they had an actual yakuza crime writer to write it.

To the biggest fans i recomend to play RGG Kenzan, it's japanese only, but you can play it with a great guide on gamefaqs and there is even a group that subbed the videos.
Probably my favourite game ever, the best samurai game that's for sure, so many manly tears shed...

I'd been waiting for 0 ever since 2015, played the fuck out of it and now gritting teeth waiting for Kiwami and 6

Bump.

Yakuza 1 remake is coming out on August 29th.

Yakuza 6 remake in 2018 which is bullshit!

Am playing Yakuza 4 currently

I like this game, only other yakuza I've played was yakuza 3, I've read a while ago that yakuza 0 is just kinda like a prelim to the next game

Yakuza 0 is as big a game as 4 and 5 as far as content and story goes.

never played yakuza but donkey's review of this game really makes me want to play it. one of these days if the right opportunity presents itself I will do it.

Back