Y'all wanna know how good Khabib is?

I'm so curious how long until his first L.

Will it be someone like Ortega or Ferg who are wild on the feet but can hang on the bottom without being completely defensive.

Or will it be somebody like Conor, Gaethje, or Eddie who might stuff his TDs and outstrike him.

Or will it be somebody who will out grind him in a wrestling war and maybe Khabibs ability fighting backward or when worrying about the TD himself dissolves his style a bit.

It's all very interesting and I love watching him fight.

Only the first two rounds were dominant

Al isn't top ten

Al took him on one day notice after training for a striking heavy opponent

Al was ready for three rounds

Al easily defended all submissions

Al stood up from all takedowns

Khabib looked awful standing, again.

50-44 was the accurate card. That's an impressive win no matter how you slice it, but sorry, context matters.

I don't personally think he's the best in the world

Burger King release McGregor chicken burger, after seeing McGregor being called a chicken over and over

DC (Khabibs uncle) loves Popeyes, which is a rival of Burger King

Russia release McGregor chicken range

Khabib becomes champ soon after

DifficultFickleBarbet-max-1mb.gif

Khabib played it relatively safe cause he could afford it. Al wasn't threatening him with anything.
The beauty of this performance is that it gave the colon fans a glimps of hope about the chances of their chicken if he chooses to no longer be a duck and fight khabib. I do think Tony matches up much better against khabib..
But seriously, conor has at most a 10% chance.

People are talking about how he's finally been "exposed", how he looked like dogshit...

...in a fight he won by 50-43 while not even breaking a sweat against someone he didn't even know he was going to fight.

Let that sink in.

943205366.jpg

26-0.
I think its similar to how Jones performed against OSP. Everyone thought that Jones should have dismantled him. But in comparison to every other fight, he looked like shit. The reality was far different to the expectation. Simple.

People are talking about how he's finally been "exposed", how he looked like dogshit...

...in a fight he won by 50-43 while not even breaking a sweat against someone he didn't even know he was going to fight.

Let that sink in.

943205366.jpg

26-0.
Is there a time limit on the sinking in period of this vital information.?

Or as I like to say stating the bleeding obvious...

truth but it was show he is beatable there a style for him. Has to be good wrestler and jujitsu and great cardio and tough striker. Tony!!!!! that was the fight. Connor could clip him but that might a beating in the process or angle out left bomb but must likely just a beating or submission for khabib. 9 months for tony sunglasses

Last edited:
Why does it always have to be extremes with you guys ?

Yes his wrestling is godly.
But also, yes his striking is sub par.

This is where MMA differs from boxing a lot. A shutout performance in boxing gets praised while a 5 round domination in MMA gets shat on. I personally dont get it. I dont think anybody would think that Iaquinta has a chance in the rematch after a mauling like that, even though Khabib didnt get the finish.

Why does it always have to be extremes with you guys ?

Yes his wrestling is godly.
But also, yes his striking is sub par.

Sub par is an exaggeration, it isn't elite, but pretty damn impressive to outbox a highly skillful striker like Iaquinta.

Khabibs vs another LW

Khabib is favourite

I agree in the sense that I don't think Khabib had a bad performance. I do think it's a rather silly justification to blame his performance, which I did not see as being that much different than his usual efforts, as you seem to be on his lack of familiarity with the opponent. This is straight up ridiculous because it assumes his opponent is in a different boat. I guarantee Al spent as much time training for Khabib during his camps as Khabib did for him, which is to say they both spent not time preparing. Hence, even playing field.

Barao was 30-1 or some shit before getting completely found out at the top end. Interesting that both him and khabib have struggled with weight.

Khabib is great and his record reflects that; but im not willing to say he is best until he beats either conor or ferguson, if/when that happens.

Pre-USADA,,,Just Saying

Ride that bandwagon baby, ride that bandwagon. 6, 12 months ago you were either completely oblivious of the guy, or bitching about how he never makes weight and/or gets injured and will never be the champion.. like everyone else here.

All fighters have flaws. Even dominant champs.

The only guy I can think of without obvious flaws inside the cage is Jon Jones and he rectified that by being a moron outside the cage.

I would favor Khabib over anyone at 155 right now. I just hope that he can stay healthy enough to fight on a regular basis

Only the first two rounds were dominant

Al isn't top ten

Al took him on one day notice after training for a striking heavy opponent

Al was ready for three rounds

Al easily defended all submissions

Al stood up from all takedowns

Khabib looked awful standing, again.

50-44 was the accurate card. That's an impressive win no matter how you slice it, but sorry, context matters.

I don't personally think he's the best in the world

Two judges scored the 5th a 10-8. Tony got almost KTFO by a newcomer on short notice and Conor got choked out by a gatekeeper. Khabib styled a dominant 50-43

When khabib fights a nate Diaz that’s seven times the size of him then we’ll know he’s the real deal.

Not a hater but this is one of the most fake belts in recent memory.

Back