Y'all wanna know how good Khabib is?

People are talking about how he's finally been "exposed", how he looked like dogshit...

...in a fight he won by 50-43 while not even breaking a sweat against someone he didn't even know he was going to fight.

Let that sink in.

943205366.jpg

26-0.
If people want to hate on khabib let them. It's a good tool to sort out all of the mma noobs or dummys. All I saw was a guy who dominated a short-notice fight and took minimal damage.

People are talking about how he's finally been "exposed", how he looked like dogshit...

...in a fight he won by 50-43 while not even breaking a sweat against someone he didn't even know he was going to fight.

Let that sink in.

943205366.jpg

26-0.
meh, new scoring system is shit.
he won 50-44 AT BEST

Khabib took #11 to a decision. WTF do you expect?

He barely makes the weight and there were holes exposed.

Anybody thats not biased can see the issues he has ahead of him.

Let that sink in.

943205366.jpg

26-0.
vs no11 let that sink in

Khabib is not just good, he is GOAT and haters will have no choice but to bow down once he mops the gloor with Conor and Ferg.

He's really good. But, it looks like you're admitting that he did in fact, look like dogshit. (your words)

He had a full training camp. He stuck to his particular style of fighting against an opponent that probably had to worry about cardio and conditioning more than a fight plan.

He was supposed to win, no?

He's really really good. But, he did in fact under deliver given his advantage. That said, all hail the king. I hope he enjoys his belt for however long.

only on sherdog can someone win 50-43, 50-44 etc and it somehow be an underwhelming performance. A fight in which he was literally never in trouble or had to struggle.

What fights do you guys watch that you usually see stuff better than this? Cuz it can't be the same ones Im watching

Khabib, from the outside, looks pretty ordinary in stand up. But the reality is different. Look at Al Iaquinta's interview after the fight where he confirms that Khabib's stand up is very good, that his style is very awkward and that it's very difficult to hit him. Al Iaquinta even confirms that he managed to land probably only 2 half decent strikes on Khabib the entire fight.

Now definitely Conor, and Tony, are much better at standup than Al Iaquinta and Khabib. But Conor's main advantage is he goads opponents into bum rushing him. Khabib is a very defensive fighter. He does have his chin up in the air but he has some key aspects to his defence.

- He keeps his hands up most of the time, especially in the danger zone.
- He uses his jab a lot and saves power punches for lower risk situations.
- He actually uses the shoulder roll quite effectively
- Is good at judging range and effective at staying out of it

Still, it would be an interesting fight. I think Tony would have far more chance against Khabib than Conor would. While Conor's standup is great, he really needs his opponents to over commit to be effective. Conor's negative is he is crap on the ground and he has terrible stamina. Al Iaquinta had excellent stamina to survive Khabib weighing on him for 5 rounds. Do the same to Conor and he'd gas out like a cheap balloon from the dollar shop.

So if Clowner gets that 1 in a million shot and 13 seconds Khabib he shall get no credit because Khabib is "amateurish" and if Khabib beats Clowner then their hero got beat by an amateurish can. Either way, according to his fans, Clowner loses.

You guys were saying this to justify the fight before hand, but I don't see how you can possibly keep saying this after the fight. Iaquinta's striking looked like dogshit, and exactly what you'd expect from a guy who had fought once in 3 years.

The Al we saw wouldn't have beat Felder.

If the #5 LW is a gatekeeper I'd love to hear you describe the #11 guy.
Nate's last win at LW is a 29-28 against MJ several years ago. He's not #5

He didn't look that good. He needed a highlight reel stoppage IMO to be dominant. He gassed for sure after trying to finish in the 2nd and took a couple of rounds off to make sure he could win the 5th with wrestling.

Keep in mind he was facing the number 12 ranked guy, if that performance was against a contender it would be a completely different story.

Al is a great win.

Maybe not as great as RDA, but still great.

Folks have been saying, rightfully, that his resume wasn't proof of his ability. He needed to face legit top 10 and top 5 competition. I think the tide has turned with four of his last five wins - MJ, RDA, Barboza, and Al are all strong quality opponents at LW to measure a fighter's ability.

I see no reason he shouldn't be the betting favorite against literally anyone at LW. I still really want to see him vs anyone in the top 5 he hasn't fought yet, because styles make fights.
Well said, Al his highly underated. In my opinion, Al's style (especially Al's wrestling) was the worst for Khabib out of everyone minus Tony. I do believe Khabib beats them all though.

Last edited:
THE MACHIDA ERA HAS ARRIVED

Funny how he went from so boring he couldn't get a title shot, gets one ko over thiago Silva and he's the favorite over the undefeated champion.

I bought into it, I was like who the is going to beat this guy

Nate's last win at LW is a 29-28 against MJ several years ago. He's not #5

He was #5 when they fought. Do you even understand how rankings work?

Same way Khabib doesn't have a win over #10 just cause Al's #10 now, he has a win over #11.

So again, if the #5 LW was a gatekeeper, I'd love to hear you describe the #11.

Funny how nothing was landing when he was standing and they said he looked like shit. Lyoto machida picked up the LHW belt with his chin up in the air like he's a Irish boxer from 1860.
But he's a karate master yo. That makes it ok

Y'all wanna know how good Khabib is? Well some folk here are questioning his ability just because he didn't finish Iaquinta off in 2 rounds and arse rape him the whole time like he's done in many of his other fights.

In all his fights, Khabib has never once looked like he was even close to getting taken into deep waters. Some folk jizzed themselves just because Johnson landed a couple of good punches on Khabib. Did Khabib bleed? No. Did Khabib wobble? No. It was a solid punch, it landed well and clearly it made Khabib sit up and take notice, but he wasn't even close to hurt. He's never, ever been even close to looking hurt in any of his fights. Yet he's being judged by some folk.

Meanwhile, Conor gets his head bounced off the canvas and brow cut open by a vicious Mendes elbow in their fight. He loses to Nate in spectacular fashion in their first fight, and does much better but still saved by the bell in their second fight which he wins on points, yet he's lauded as the GOAT. Fuck off. Khabib has done far more against much tougher opponents. End of.

Khabib has weaknesses, 26 guys haven't been able to exploit them enough yet though. 26-0 as a boxer is pretty good but not necessarily earth shattering, there'd be plenty of guys with records like this. In MMA it's almost unprecedented I'd think, everyone loses in MMA, pretty remarkable.

Back