YCM Bag work critique

He lifts his leg up when he throws his right, like a girl lifts her leg in the air when she kisses

RIP YCM

He looked me up and whimped out, drove3 hours in rush hour to get there and was in the gym for 2 hours waiting , the manager said there was a special arrangement and it was all planned and everything so the gym wasn't open . Found out later he wasn't coming.

Very annoyed about it. I was going to work with him and help him

He looked me up and whimped out, drove3 hours in rush hour to get there and was in the gym for 2 hours waiting , the manager said there was a special arrangement and it was all planned and everything so the gym wasn't open . Found out later he wasn't coming.

Man I understand how annoying this has to be. A whole day wasted. But honestly after watching the video dont you think sparring is a "little" to soon for him?

He looks like a complete beginner from the video with no proper footwork or even basic punch mechanics. Would be better of just drilling footwork, shadow boxing and maybe a little heavy bag 1-2.

Man I understand how annoying this has to be. A whole day wasted. But honestly after watching the video dont you think sparring is a "little" to soon for him?

He looks like a complete beginner from the video with no proper footwork or even basic punch mechanics. Would be better of just drilling footwork, shadow boxing and maybe a little heavy bag 1-2.

Hell yea its too soon for him, but he's a tough guy who fights people on the street and he was asking for someone to get in there and box him

I was happy to oblige, without hurting him, showing him what being in there with someone who trained is all about.
Also would be dope to become homies with him and build a connection since life is all about bridges and connections. After all, how often do u get the chance to spar a rap star? Lol
Honestly now though if I get asked to go back I'm going to make him pay for making me waste a day. ( I will try one more time if I'm asked )

I don't know man, you might be in trouble?
FantasticDevotedAbyssiniangroundhornbill-max-1mb.gif

Maaaaan, really? Good lord. Rule 1: If you agree to spar, YOU SPAR!!

Jesus, in my early 20s, I made plenty of boasts when I first started boxing, cause I thought I was hot shit, of course. I got my ass beaten every time I deserved it. But I never bitched out, and showed to take my beating. That's the bare minimum. And nobody else gets to negotiate and pay to be alone in the gym taking their whipping. Sheeeeit.

Youre at the level where cant really critique you on the bag besides nit picking you.

Post a vid of you sparring a guy at your level or better than you and im sure youll probably notice what you need to work on.

With that said looking solid on the heavy bag. Makes me think i need to reeaaally work on my footwork. I have a habit of just standing there like the rock 'em sock 'em robots... Which is disaster against a guy with good footwork like yourself

Back