YCM in Floyd Mayweather Sr's movie theater going through the motions with light pad work

YoungCashMoney

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score

Some light padwork going through motions and making everything is good with my trainer. This was months ago when I was preparing for a certain tournament, I had a broken left hand at the time from landing on an elbow in sparring so yea it was broken. (during the mitt session) So I couldn't throw anything with impact, we were just going through the motions for a while at his house, as there was no need to go to the gym cuz I couldn't hit bags.

Some real gold here if you listen closely and watch closely, he trains me unlike the way he trains others. I am blessed that he gives me the REAL secrets and techniques and doesn't just half ass it with flashy mitt work like he does with most who pay ridiculous amounts of money. He is like a father figure & works with me extremely strict. I actually didn't upload this video originally to share because I didn't want others getting in on any secrets of mine or Sr's., but why not for the sherdog.

Enjoy guys.

Btw, if you are wondering whats going on with me and where my training videos are, I've been dealing with a very long ongoing person family issue now that is holding me back from pursuing the sport 100%. I am getting everything figured out and should be good to go soon here.. of course though because I've been irritable and dealing with these issues, I ended up getting in a street altercation over disrespect and being stressed and wrong place at wrong time and I broke my right hand and got a boxer's fracture In my right hand on the pinky side, broke the knuckle damn near off & got it placed back in position to heal. That was 6 weeks ago and it is still healing. I'm so dumb for that one because if my right hand doesn't go back to being perfect again I'm going to regret that forever. It is real deformed regardless of placing and I'm a bit worried about it right now.

I'm not going to touch on why what happened happened, but I will say that while my right hand broke, so did whatever it hit ;)

Last time I ever hit someone or thing without a wrap on though, not worth it at all.

Lemme know what you guys think and if you have any cc for my technique.

I always thought his mitwork looked like bullshit, but this gives me a whole new perspective, awesome!

You train with the Mayweather's? How do you even pay for that shit? That shit must be expensive.

Very cool man. Keep up the good work, stay positive and hope you heal up soon. If it's an option for you, go see a professional and take your rehab seriously. It'll help you out down the road, might even get a stronger hand because of it.

I always thought his mitwork looked like bullshit, but this gives me a whole new perspective, awesome!

He only created the 10 ~ 15 greatest fighter of all time in his son.

His entire family uses a variation of his MIT system. Yet you think it's bs?

He only created the 10 ~ 15 greatest fighter of all time in his son.

His entire family uses a variation of his MIT system. Yet you think it's bs?
I said it looked like BS, like he was putting on a show for the cameras.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...kwAHoECAoQBA&usg=AOvVaw1YSpcmsr5-nuOavplQqSd-

You're going to tell me this video here looks like technical productive mitt work? Or even just a pad workout session?

Looks like two people putting on a show. Which is what they are doing. YCMs video allowed me to see the technical side of his mitwork, which I've never seen before.

There is definitely a mittwork for the cameras and a different form that teaches real stuff, more like a drill than just flashy pitter patter. YCM even stated that he (Floyd Sr) does the flashy stuff for the people who want that, the high paying people- because that's what they want. That's also what the media wants when it shows padwork. Too many people have confused media padwork for the actual useful thing and that's why there's so much patty cake BS pervading training at gyms-- because that's what paying "students" demand in exchange for their membership/$$$. Of course they are going to have to do it, then, and I don't fully blame them.

Last edited:
Listen to Sano take that rehab serious, you will be surprised how many fighters careers are cut short from stupid injuries earlier on that they didn't take seriously.....

Floyd doesn't even begin teaching this with mitts. He molds your positions and explains why with his bare hands. Or at least, he used to.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9h8GLP3JV6k&ved=2ahUKEwjmu7mV3a7eAhWHxIMKHeSDD44QyCkwAHoECAoQBA&usg=AOvVaw1YSpcmsr5-nuOavplQqSd-

You're going to tell me this video here looks like technical productive mitt work? Or even just a pad workout session?

Looks like two people putting on a show. Which is what they are doing. YCMs video allowed me to see the technical side of his mitwork, which I've never seen before.
Well one is Roger and one is Sr. There's that.

Also...

Roger uses the same style of mittwork regardless. Productive is relative.

Some light padwork going through motions and making everything is good with my trainer. This was months ago when I was preparing for a certain tournament, I had a broken left hand at the time from landing on an elbow in sparring so yea it was broken. (during the mitt session) So I couldn't throw anything with impact, we were just going through the motions for a while at his house, as there was no need to go to the gym cuz I couldn't hit bags.

Some real gold here if you listen closely and watch closely, he trains me unlike the way he trains others. I am blessed that he gives me the REAL secrets and techniques and doesn't just half ass it with flashy mitt work like he does with most who pay ridiculous amounts of money. He is like a father figure & works with me extremely strict. I actually didn't upload this video originally to share because I didn't want others getting in on any secrets of mine or Sr's., but why not for the sherdog.

Enjoy guys.

Btw, if you are wondering whats going on with me and where my training videos are, I've been dealing with a very long ongoing person family issue now that is holding me back from pursuing the sport 100%. I am getting everything figured out and should be good to go soon here.. of course though because I've been irritable and dealing with these issues, I ended up getting in a street altercation over disrespect and being stressed and wrong place at wrong time and I broke my right hand and got a boxer's fracture In my right hand on the pinky side, broke the knuckle damn near off & got it placed back in position to heal. That was 6 weeks ago and it is still healing. I'm so dumb for that one because if my right hand doesn't go back to being perfect again I'm going to regret that forever. It is real deformed regardless of placing and I'm a bit worried about it right now.

I'm not going to touch on why what happened happened, but I will say that while my right hand broke, so did whatever it hit ;)

Last time I ever hit someone or thing without a wrap on though, not worth it at all.

Lemme know what you guys think and if you have any cc for my technique.

when in doubt use your head.

You need to start using those elbows in street fights but at the same time don't abandon your footwork. I hope your hand heals perfectly.

You train with the Mayweather's? How do you even pay for that shit? That shit must be expensive.

When I first started training with him he actually charged me a ridiculously low price, 20 dollars per week, because he actually requested that I train with him and start taking boxing seriously. After me and my mother helping him through his personal issues and just being a great friend to him, aswell as me living with him and developing that bond, he trained me for free for a long time. It wasn't until I came back this year and reunited with him that he actually requested I pay him again, and even then he said "Pay me whatever you want to pay me, just pay me.", I asked him how much he thinks is good and he said 50 a week, and I told him I'd give him 100 because of how much he was doing (driving to the mountain with me, doing a bunch of extra stuff, working with me for hours a day, 50 was too low for me to be ok with). So at that time I was paying him 100 per week.

I'm blessed like I said because our relationship is past just a trainer and a random fighter, he actually came out of retirement to train only me (blew my damn mind), and now he got the fire started again and started working with others. He hadn't been to the gym for months tho before I called him up and let him know its time. For a random person to get a real training session with him, he will charge a lot of money. I've seen up to 500 dollars for a single session when I was there last time. & people are really willing to pay that.. lol, when we all know they are just gonna forget whatever was taught to them the moment they go home and get back with their regular trainer.

That's actually why this is even in his house, he figured with my hand being no good, there was no reason for us to even go to the gym because he was only working with me.

You need to start using those elbows in street fights but at the same time don't abandon your footwork. I hope your hand heals perfectly.

I saw red and wasn't thinking rationally and made a stupid decision that now has me benched yet again.

Listen to Sano take that rehab serious, you will be surprised how many fighters careers are cut short from stupid injuries earlier on that they didn't take seriously.....

Very cool man. Keep up the good work, stay positive and hope you heal up soon. If it's an option for you, go see a professional and take your rehab seriously. It'll help you out down the road, might even get a stronger hand because of it.

I've been going to a very good doctor for the process & I'm taking it extremely serious, no worries there. Next appointment is in 2 weeks. He said I should be recovered for boxing in another month & that my bone will heal stronger from it, I have no doubts eventually it'll be stronger but the deformity and swelling is still severe and I think it'll take quite some time before it goes to being how it was..

When I first started training with him he actually charged me a ridiculously low price, 20 dollars per week, because he actually requested that I train with him and start taking boxing seriously. After me and my mother helping him through his personal issues and just being a great friend to him, aswell as me living with him and developing that bond, he trained me for free for a long time. It wasn't until I came back this year and reunited with him that he actually requested I pay him again, and even then he said "Pay me whatever you want to pay me, just pay me.", I asked him how much he thinks is good and he said 50 a week, and I told him I'd give him 100 because of how much he was doing (driving to the mountain with me, doing a bunch of extra stuff, working with me for hours a day, 50 was too low for me to be ok with). So at that time I was paying him 100 per week.

I'm blessed like I said because our relationship is past just a trainer and a random fighter, he actually came out of retirement to train only me (blew my damn mind), and now he got the fire started again and started working with others. He hadn't been to the gym for months tho before I called him up and let him know its time. For a random person to get a real training session with him, he will charge a lot of money. I've seen up to 500 dollars for a single session when I was there last time. & people are really willing to pay that.. lol, when we all know they are just gonna forget whatever was taught to them the moment they go home and get back with their regular trainer.

That's actually why this is even in his house, he figured with my hand being no good, there was no reason for us to even go to the gym because he was only working with me.

I saw red and wasn't thinking rationally and made a stupid decision that now has me benched yet again.

I've been going to a very good doctor for the process & I'm taking it extremely serious, no worries there. Next appointment is in 2 weeks. He said I should be recovered for boxing in another month & that my bone will heal stronger from it, I have no doubts eventually it'll be stronger but the deformity and swelling is still severe and I think it'll take quite some time before it goes to being how it was..

Wait so you known floyd Mayweather sir since you were a kid?

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9h8GLP3JV6k&ved=2ahUKEwjmu7mV3a7eAhWHxIMKHeSDD44QyCkwAHoECAoQBA&usg=AOvVaw1YSpcmsr5-nuOavplQqSd-

Roger Mayweather said: "most people don't know shit about boxing!"

Damn son, that beard. Video is hilarious though.
Him stopping to watch tv while you shadowbox him like ‘wtf mang’
And then him talking about he’s still the fastest lol

Last edited:
You are one lucky SOB, and very fortunate to known and befriend a good trainer like that.
thank god every day for all my blessings

Damn son, that beard. Video is hilarious though.
Him stopping to watch tv while you shadowbox him like ‘wtf mang’
And then him talking about he’s still the fastest lol

the beard got sent to heaven, or hell as some ppl looked at it, a few months ago.& yea Sr attention span is short lol

Out of curiousity do you align your knuckles the way sinister teaches?

Just wondering if that would have made a difference in your both of your hand injuries.

Back