Yellowstone Eruption Incoming?

Well I’m hoping bugs bunny cuts us off just in time and we drift towards Turks and Caicos

Can't wait for the breakdown in law and order that will follow. (Wraps up Lucille)

I have a list.

200.gif

I wonder if all the Bison, Grizzly Bears and Wolves can sense it and maybe take off.

Can Animals Sense Earthquakes?
IN 373 B.C., historians recorded that animals, including rats, snakes and weasels, deserted the Greek city of Helice in droves just days before a quake devastated the place.

Accounts of similar animal anticipation of earthquakes have surfaced across the centuries since. Catfish moving violently, chickens that stop laying eggs and bees leaving their hive in a panic have been reported. Countless pet owners claimed to have witnessed their cats and dogs acting strangely before the ground shook—barking or whining for no apparent reason, or showing signs of nervousness and restlessness.

But precisely what animals sense, if they feel anything at all, is a mystery. One theory is that wild and domestic creatures feel the Earth vibrate before humans. Other ideas suggest they detect electrical changes in the air or gas released from the Earth.
https://www.nationalgeographic.com/animals/2003/11/animals-sense-earthquakes/

Grab steel and head for the hill, gentlemen.

I'm out of the immediate kill zone, but in the die quick zone. Iirc

It may not even be as bad as most people expect; that is if it blows in our lifetime. It Could be tragic, or not as tragic.

It may not even be as bad as most people expect; that is if it blows in our lifetime. It Could be tragic, or not as tragic.

It would be pretty bad. But, it's not happening any time soon.

Out of blast area? It's all good then!

A full unzipping of the Yellowstone caldera would require you to not be in N. America. It would annihilate the "Bread Basket" of America causing worldwide food shortages, and a possible nuclear winter.

I live bordering Detroit. Am I safe or dead?

The problem with volcanic ash is that when you breath it into your lungs, the moisture from your body basically turns the ash into concrete and it kills you. A full eruption would drop FEET of ash all over the country and many people would die that weren't anywhere near the eruption. It would drop so much ash that it begins to build up on your roof like snow. If you don't get out and clean it off the roof your house will collapse from the weight of it. I would recommend wrapping a wet towel around your head and sweeping the roof off daily and duct taping all your windows and doors to try to keep the ash out.

Detroit? Stay safe, Sherbro, even if Yellowstone remains silent. Joking aside, as far as I remember from watching those videos, you're out of the "kill zone".

Ash projections from previous eruptions. Mount St. Helens eruption on the map for comparison.

Ash_Fall_01.png

Those within the ash projections are in danger of death due to inhalation of ash, collapsed buildings etc. Even outside the ash projections everyone is gonna be FUBAR. People will flee by the millions to your area. The sun may be blotted out. Food and gas shortages will begin. Planes will be unable to fly from the west coast to the east coast, cutting the country in half. In a full erutpion scenario there will be no safe place in North America.

If it blows, those not killed in the blast will starve.

Or suffocate
Or die because your house collapsed on your face due to 4 feet of ash on the roof.

The problem with volcanic ash is that when you breath it into your lungs, the moisture from your body basically turns the ash into concrete and it kills you. A full eruption would drop FEET of ash all over the country and many people would die that weren't anywhere near the eruption. It would drop so much ash that it begins to build up on your roof like snow. If you don't get out and clean it off the roof your house will collapse from the weight of it. I would recommend wrapping a wet towel around your head and sweeping the roof off daily and duct taping all your windows and doors to try to keep the ash out.

It doesn't turn to concrete in your body. This is the ash distribution:

kky1gpyxpagaxrkg8cdx

Guess it's time for me to move to Australia and hope the eruption is small enough to only kill you filthy American swine.

It wont happen, nothing happens in oregon accept for riots by libs

Back