Yemen-50,000 children dead in 2017 as a result of Saudi blockade

When you couldn't prove you were more ignorant, you manage to surprise me.

USS Cole was bombed by Alqaeda, you know the guys that controlled half of Yemen with the blessing of Saudi Arabia and against who the Houthis are also fighting.
le sigh, sure yemen's govt had no aq ties. sure

but let's say you are right. not ties at all. you want to back the houthis?

True but not necessarily in the way the Saudis wanted. The Saudis are targeting the Houthis while the US under Obama went after AQAP. AQAP is a counterweight to the Houthis, something the Saudis welcome to an extent.

Okay, so?

I didn't say otherwise, just that the decision to approve those sales was under Clinton's jurisdiction and that it wasn't only to the Saudis.

Obama sold weapons to KSA to specifically support their war on the Houthis. We even give them strategic and intelligence support.
They're getting what they wanted. All this while KSA works WITH AQAP to fight the Houthis.

Ok, so? The entire context of this specific conversation is based on @M3t4tr0n trying to blame Trump for what is going on in Yemen.

You are saying otherwise if you're saying that $115B sale wasn't specifically to KSA.

this is a tired line. i want us to stay out of it. you try this old shit: you just want yemen's children to die!! nice chomsky attempt there. no. we stay out. not interested.
I'm not advocating for some military intervention, I'm saying we should probably try to use diplomatic means to attempt to alleviate the famine conditions. Its not as if we're staying out of it, we're passively supporting our Saudi allies here with large arms sales. Its our arms, why should we sell it to them so that they can create humanitarian crises?
Obama sold weapons to KSA to specifically support their war on the Houthis. We even give them strategic and intelligence support.
They're getting what they wanted. All this while KSA works WITH AQAP to fight the Houthis.
Obama didn't sell anything, US arms manufacturers did. The State department signs off on those and it was mainly Clinton who did so. As I said, equating Obama's stance on the Saudis with her's is misleading. He tried to move us away from them while she supports the old bipartisan support for them. Trump is reverting to that old line.
Ok, so? The entire context of this specific conversation is based on @M3t4tr0n trying to blame Trump for what is going on in Yemen.
He simply posted a picture, he never claimed that it was all Trump's fault
You are saying otherwise if you're saying that $115B sale wasn't specifically to KSA.
I didn't say that, I said sales to other countries aside from that one were also approved by Clinton.

I'm not advocating for some military intervention, I'm saying we should probably try to use diplomatic means to attempt to alleviate the famine conditions. Its not as if we're staying out of it, we're passively supporting our Saudi allies here with large arms sales. Its our arms, why should we sell it to them so that they can create humanitarian crises?

Obama didn't sell anything, US arms manufacturers did. The State department signs off on those and it was mainly Clinton who did so. As I said, equating Obama's stance on the Saudis with her's is misleading. He tried to move us away from them while she supports the old bipartisan support for them. Trump is reverting to that old line.

I didn't say that, I said sales to other countries aside from that one were also approved by Clinton.
we can, and if i check we probably do, sell weapons to yemen too. i'm fine with it.

ooh

win win

we do a big gun buy back here and then sell them to yemen

we can, and if i check we probably do, sell weapons to yemen too. i'm fine with it.

ooh

win win

we do a big gun buy back here and then sell them to yemen
So you are fine with being involved in the conflict, just on the side that is causing the famine. Gotcha.

I blamed Trump for what's going on in Yemen? I did? Trump bitched about the Saudis ( even blamed them for 9 11) and Trumptards wanted to say Obama loved them ( tho he snubbed them on Iran) but Trump hasn't done anything about them. You wanna keep bringing up Obama and Hillary when they are not in office and have no power to do anything while at the same time ignoring Trump.

So you are fine with being involved in the conflict, just on the side that is causing the famine. Gotcha.
sell them to both. i don't care. drop them in a box in the middle of the battle field for all i care. oil being the factor it is, we'll be stuck siding with the oil for a while whether we like it or not though. i'll buy my tesla and 60000 solar roof right after you guys do though

He is blaming Trump and he says Trump needs to answer for his position on KSA, a position his candidate of choice shared.

And your giving Clinton way too much credit for this sale and you're letting Obama completely off the hook.
This summary reviews the process and procedures that currently apply to congressional consideration of foreign arms sales proposed by the President. This includes consideration of proposals to sell major defense equipment, defense articles and services, or the re-transfer to third party nations of such military items.

Under Section 36(b) of the Arms Export Control Act (AECA), Congress must be formally notified 30 calendar days before the Administration can take the final steps to conclude a government-to-government foreign military sale of:

He is blaming Trump and he says Trump needs to answer for his position on KSA, a position his candidate of choice shared.
He's saying Trump needs to answer for his hypocrisy on KSA and that's different. We all knew that Clinton was a KSA fan.
And your giving Clinton way too much credit for this sale and you're letting Obama completely off the hook.
This summary reviews the process and procedures that currently apply to congressional consideration of foreign arms sales proposed by the President. This includes consideration of proposals to sell major defense equipment, defense articles and services, or the re-transfer to third party nations of such military items.

Under Section 36(b) of the Arms Export Control Act (AECA), Congress must be formally notified 30 calendar days before the Administration can take the final steps to conclude a government-to-government foreign military sale of:
I don't see how that summary counters what I said. SoS approved it with bipartisan support from Congress because supporting the Saudis is a part of the old bipartisan line on FP.

I blamed Trump for what's going on in Yemen? I did? Trump bitched about the Saudis ( even blamed them for 9 11) and Trumptards wanted to say Obama loved them ( tho he snubbed them on Iran) but Trump hasn't done anything about them. You wanna keep bringing up Obama and Hillary when they are not in office and have no power to do anything while at the same time ignoring Trump.

You are acting like Trump has something to do with whats going on in Yemen because he made some stupid tweets about them. Who cares? This has nothing to do with Trump? I only bring up Obama and Clinton because they were hands on with whats going on in Yemen and I think its important to make that clear when you inject Trump into this conversation, especially given the fact that you are an Obama and Clinton supporter. Your hypocrisy is pathetic. And then, you accuse me, a guy who voted for Jill Stein, of supporting Trump because I'm posting facts....

And guess what the Saudis are to blame for 9/11. Trump knows it, Clinton knows it, Obama knows it, W knows it, Cheney knows it, etc.

Are you ok?
I'm fine. Are you ok? All I did is post a pic of Trump being hypocritical in regards to the Saudis. Trump is the only one in office so he has the power to do something about it. He was pretty vocal about the Saudis you know.

He's saying Trump needs to answer for his hypocrisy on KSA and that's different. We all knew that Clinton was a KSA fan.

I don't see how that summary counters what I said. SoS approved it with bipartisan support from Congress because supporting the Saudis is a part of the old bipartisan line on FP.
Any leader of the US who deals with KSA needs to answer for his/her hypocrisy. The UN should answer for their electing KSA to head the Human Rights Council and being elected to the Woman's Rights Council. Lots of hypocrisy re: KSA. TONS. Its a moot point and a derail to inject that point into a conversation about the conflict and human rights catastrophe in Yemen, a conflict that predates Trumps candidacy and any of his retarded tweets.

The sale proposal is initiated by the Office of the POTUS. You can lump Obama and Clinton together if you like, but you can't pretend Obama wasn't directly involved with the sale.

You are acting like Trump has something to do with whats going on in Yemen because he made some stupid tweets about them. Who cares? This has nothing to do with Trump? I only bring up Obama and Clinton because they were hands on with whats going on in Yemen and I think its important to make that clear when you inject Trump into this conversation, especially given the fact that you are an Obama and Clinton supporter. Your hypocrisy is pathetic. And then, you accuse me, a guy who voted for Jill Stein, of supporting Trump because I'm posting facts....

And guess what the Saudis are to blame for 9/11. Trump knows it, Clinton knows it, Obama knows it, W knows it, Cheney knows it, etc.
Who is in office?

Obama?

Nope

Hillary?

Nope

Well, who has power to do something about this? Trump was very vocal about the Saudis before. What about now? What kinda deal did Trump make with the Saudis this year after he accused them of 9 11?

I'm fine. Are you ok? All I did is post a pic of Trump being hypocritical in regards to the Saudis. Trump is the only one in office so he has the power to do something about it. He was pretty vocal about the Saudis you know.
He was. And I'm sorry for using "pathetic" in that last post; I like you, so I don't want to get too heated. BUT... you could have just made that point when I addressed it rather than act coy (or refrained from making this story about Trump in the first place, which I know is easy to do because he's a fucking tard and a disaster, but if we make every thing about him (without being honest about all the details) then we get distracted from the facts and then facts don't matter.

Who is in office?

Obama?

Nope

Hillary?

Nope

Well, who has power to do something about this? Trump was very vocal about the Saudis before. What about now? What kinda deal did Trump make with the Saudis this year after he accused them of 9 11?

Did you blame Obama for unemployment and foreclosures during the Great Recession?
Do you give Trump credit for unemployment now? For the Stock Market?

You think Trump has the power to do something about a civil war?
He can't take the weapons back that Obama sold to KSA.
He can't put the genie back in the bottle on this one.
If you want to be critical of Trump be critical of him for something he's directly involved in.

He was. And I'm sorry for using "pathetic" in that last post; I like you, so I don't want to get too heated. BUT... you could have just made that point when I addressed it rather than act coy (or refrained from making this story about Trump in the first place, which I know is easy to do because he's a fucking tard and a disaster, but if we make every thing about him (without being honest about all the details) then we get distracted from the facts and then facts don't matter.
I'm not mad.

The fact of the matter is Trump needs to be held accountable about what he says and does especially after all of his tough talk on the Saudis. The Saudis are evil for sure but it seems they are needed as allies if we look how the current and past administrations have kept them close by.

Back