Yes this is an Airport Thread. I saw Duke and Pennington at the airport

Hans Gruber

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Serious post.

I know you guys all hear about seeing fighters in airports.....but I really did see Duke and Pennington in the Las Vegas airport on 9-15. I was wondering to myself if these 2 made it to the finale or something. Might not mean anything though. Could be promotion or maybe they were in town to see the boxing match

Spoke to Duke while she was in line. Don't like bugging people too much so I kept it brief. She was very friendly and approachable.

Waved at Pennington while she was messing with her phone. Didn't want to interrupt her. Later she was actually on one of my flights. Felt weird being in 1st class when she went to the back. Was thinking of giving her my seat because it didn't seem right.

I guess the UFC should stand for U Fly Cheap.

Sorry. Kind of boring and I didn't take pics. I didn't really see anyone approaching them while I was around so I don't know how many others recognized them.

Cool story bro....sorry just always wanted to say that.

Seriously cool.

Only fighter I ever seen in the Airport was Butterbean like 2 years ago in Fort McMurray when I was flying home. Didn't approach him, he did just lose to a first round head kick KO. But, it seemed like I was the only person who knew who he was.

I was actually surprised he was much much smaller (weight size) than I thought he would be.

Why wouldn't you go hit on jessamyn duke? Total babe.

In all seriousness, that's pretty fucking cool man. shoulda asked for a picture.

Cool story bro....sorry just always wanted to say that.

Seriously cool.

Only fighter I ever seen in the Airport was Butterbean like 2 years ago in Fort McMurray when I was flying home. Didn't approach him, he did just lose to a first round head kick KO. But, it seemed like I was the only person who knew who he was.

I was actually surprised he was much much smaller (weight size) than I thought he would be.

Hahaha. I would love to see Butterbean at the airport. I always feel weird approaching fighters too. They probably get it enough so I usually leave them alone unless I can be really low key about it so it doesn't draw them anymore attention.

Hahaha. I would love to see Butterbean at the airport. I always feel weird approaching fighters too. They probably get it enough so I usually leave them alone unless I can be really low key about it so it doesn't draw them anymore attention.

Actually here is that fight he lost. I wasn't there, I work in the Oil Fields there in Alberta and was flying home to Nova Scotia. When I seen him I was like...Oh shit thats Butterbean. People at the bar around me didn't believe me lol.

Actually here is that fight he lost. I wasn't there, I work in the Oil Fields there in Alberta and was flying home to Nova Scotia. When I seen him I was like...Oh shit thats Butterbean. People at the bar around me didn't believe me lol.

Haven't seen that fight before. Haven't seen Butterbean fight since the Pudz fight.

Use to enjoy him in some of the freak show matches. I have always loved the name "Butterbean"

That is a cool story but were you really thinking of giving her your 1st class seat?

That is a cool story but were you really thinking of giving her your 1st class seat?

It crossed my mind. The food isn't that great anyway and it was only a 2.5 hour flight. I figured it might have been awkward though. I didn't end up doing it so I guess I am not too much of a gentleman afterall hahaha.

Pics or it didn't happen! Haha...just kidding.

I hear what you are saying about not wanting to bug them for pics. I fly al over the world for work and have often run into celebs and typically don't want to be that guy who says "hey can I get a pic?" My most recent celeb citing was Jim Belushi at the airport in Lima, Peru. He looked like he just wanted to lay low and I didn't approach him.

You could have at least offered her your glass of bubbly from 1st class :)

I pooped today. I think that means that Julianna Pena and Peggy Morgan won.

Seems like it has about the same correlation as you meeting them at the airport.

I wonder how many people know the origin of that "I met ____ at the airport" Sherdog meme...
I pooped today. I think that means that Julianna Pena and Peggy Morgan won.

Seems like it has about the same correlation as you meeting them at the airport.
ROFL!

I'm sorry TS, but that was funny.

Serious post.

I know you guys all hear about seeing fighters in airports.....but I really did see Duke and Pennington in the Las Vegas airport on 9-15. I was wondering to myself if these 2 made it to the finale or something. Might not mean anything though. Could be promotion or maybe they were in town to see the boxing match

They were at the Mayweather fight with Dana White. As was Jessica Rakoszy. This obviously means it will be a fatal 3 way match at the TUF finale.

Waved at Pennington while she was messing with her phone. Didn't want to interrupt her. Later she was actually on one of my flights. Felt weird being in 1st class when she went to the back. Was thinking of giving her my seat because it didn't seem right.

Don't feel too bad for her. The ringside seat she sat in for the Mayweather fight probably cost more than my car.

I don't usually see fighters at airports....

But when I do I run and post on Sherdog about it.

Back