Yoel Romero and Dave Branch verbally agree to fight each other

Why is Romero's nick "peoples champ"? That's pretty stupid, considering he lost to Whitaker.

Had the nickname before Whitaker when he was clearly getting screwed over of a title fight so Hendo and GSP could fight Bisping and Bisping could fake injuries to ensure he got those opponents.

This is a good fight, Branch has the game to make it very tough for Romero. I won't be surprised if he wins

MWs need to stop ducking Romero.

Romero should get Gastelum, but dude doesn't take the fight.

Props to Branch for taking the fight.

Respect to Branch, the dude seems like a true warrior who wants to fight the best.

MWs need to stop ducking Romero.

Romero should get Gastelum, but dude doesn't take the fight.

Props to Branch for taking the fight.
Agreed, Gastelum/ Romero was the fight to make. Who the hell does Gastelum fight now? I believe he said he wants more time off in 2018 so maybe he'll wait for the Jacare/ Brunson winner?

Anyone who beats the fuck out of Weidman will always be my friend.

War Yoel.

WHY do peoplethink yoelle is big?? hes only 15 pounds bigger than gsp and gsp is a small welterweight

Cause he IS big

109435.jpg

Interested in Yoel, but zero shits for Branch regardless of WSOF belts.

You dont get it lol. A people champion is the champion of the people lol. Him losing to Whitaker and not having a belt has nothing to do with it lol.

Are you kidding? Romero is the only guy in combat sport's history with the nickname "People's Champ" who never held a belt.

Pacquiao, Ali, Ortiz...

A guy who has never been champ shouldn't call himself "champ". Pretty basic stuff.

People's champ: fan favorite, perceived as better than official champ and others because of charisma and muscles.
Unofficial/uncrowned champ: that other shit Lois is talking about. Skills, mmath and muscles are cornerstones of this type of champ. Notice the slight overlap.

Branch definitely has balls.

Romero is a freak of the highest order, but he has a knack for making things harder than they need to be for himself.

Are you kidding? Romero is the only guy in combat sport's history with the nickname "People's Champ" who never held a belt.

Pacquiao, Ali, Ortiz...

A guy who has never been champ shouldn't call himself "champ". Pretty basic stuff.
Umm because being a peoples champion has nothing do with holding a belt lol. Didnt you get this when it was said 100 times in this thread ?

Big props for branch to sacrifice himself to propel yoel back to tha belt. Thats why i like this guy.

Umm because being a peoples champion has nothing do with holding a belt lol. Didnt you get this when it was said 100 times in this thread ?

Riiiight... It's just a coincidence that every other fighter referred to as "The People's Champ" had held an actual championship title. lol

Back