Yoel Romero and Dave Branch verbally agree to fight each other

I like this fight. Been a Branch fan for a while. But I think Romero will win. #FIGHTFORJESUS

Good thing it's in Florida cause Branch can check himself in to a retirement home afterwards

Branch is fucking crazy lol

His last fight was against Rockhold who is basically the living embodiment of "a bad matchup for Dave Branch" and now he's fighting Romero

Dude is brave or dumb. Or both

Romero is pretty much the worst possible match up for Branch.

id love for this to be on the Orlando card

Why is Romero's nick "peoples champ"? That's pretty stupid, considering he lost to Whitaker.

Because he's from Cuba and Cuba is Communist and in communist countries everything is the "People's"

Branch has a masochism tendency? Yoel gonna absolutely ruin him.

I think people might ve underestimating branch a bit after his last performance. Yoel, although a much better wrestler than Rockhold doesn't have near the top control or ground game of Rockhold. Also alot shorter than Rockhold, Branch is usually the bigger guy at 85 and Rockhold was about the same size if not bigger.

Yoel isn't a big combination striker either, so he might have trouble getting inside Branch reach who uses it fairly well. People forget Branch was a solid punch or two from putting away Rockhold was winning that fight on the feet and lost on the ground in the end.

Honestly Brunson vs Romero 2 is a much more interesting rematch than Jacare v Brunson 2 now that I think about it. Wouldn't have minded Branch vs Jacare instead, fresh matchup and much more interesting rematch.

Back