Yoel Romero plans lawsuit against Illinois State Athletic Commission

I hope he loses. Fuck him, he's the only one on the card who missed weight the first time.

How about you plan to make weight the very first time like every one else, then you wouldn't have to make a dozen excuses.

I hope he loses. Fuck him, he's the only one on the card who missed weight the first time.

How about you plan to make weight the very first time like every one else, then you wouldn't have to make a dozen excuses.
0.2 pound is fucking nothing. + they only gave him 1 hour instead of 2

This just show how bad that call was. If Yoel was in such a weakened state that the commission had to stop his weight cut, then the fight should have been called off as well. That's what was done when a commission stopped Holloway's weight cut. It's the logical thing to do. Interrupting the weight cut and allowing the fight to go on makes no sense if the weight cut was interrupted for health reasons in the first place.

This 100%

They thought the best idea is to dehydrate Yoel very close to the weight and then draw it out? That’s 100% bullshit right there. Anyone who has even the slightest clue understands how brutal weight cutting is knows that.

0.2 pound is fucking nothing. + they only gave him 1 hour instead of 2

Yeah it is nothing, but enough to derail the entire main event to from a championship bout to a exhibition match.

His camp should have planned to make weight like everyone else the first time. He can go fuck himself for trying to play the victim

Good.

Sue the shit out of them.

There alot of shady athletic commissions (cough NY) that seem to have no idea what they are doing, or makeup the rules as they go along.

New Jersey....best athletic commission in the business. UFC used to frequent Newark once a year until NY legalized MMA. This type of bullshit never went on there.

Fights in Jersey get stopped after 2 unanswered punches... NJAC is better then NYAC that for sure but they stay stopping fights early or bullshit Dr stoppages

likely a waste of money. then again, if they have lawyers on retainer, maybe it costs next to nothing. but i put the odds of them winning around 2%.

I think fighters need to start sending a message to these commissions...to stay out of it...let the fighter do what he has to do to make weight...mind your business...more fighters need to do this...commissions might be far less eager to step in next time..

tumblr_o4arqmc5gG1r18z8zo3_r1_400.gif

I don't see the point for Romero to waste his time and money with this. Commissions can stop a weight cut at any time for health reason and there's video of him barely being able to walk after weighing in. Pointless imo

Yoel is a dummy but if the commission told him that he had 2 hours and he relied on that assurance, then he has a case.

Fights in Jersey get stopped after 2 unanswered punches... NJAC is better then NYAC that for sure but they stay stopping fights early or bullshit Dr stoppages

which fights?

He had 1 hour and 54 minutes according to time stamps of live footage of the scale. Case closed.

the commission absolutely fucked up hard with this one. Not sure why that's so difficult to understand for some people. He should've been given the full amount of time.

Countless fighters have missed weight the first try and made weight the second and It hasn't been a big deal, why is Yoel any different and he's being demonized for It?

sherdog and It's double standards / hypocrisy

Why did Nancy refer to the agency instead of the rule?

> Illg referred reporters Friday to the Illinois state press office regarding the situation. The Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation, which oversees the commission, has yet to respond to requests for comment from MMA Fighting.

She wasn't prepared to state the rule and the dept wasn't ready to state the rule.

I thought the anarchy was supposed to be inside the octagon!

Back