Yoel Romero plans lawsuit against Illinois State Athletic Commission

had he considered that maybe the commission lady was sent by god to stop him?

Well, it is actually written in their rules and regulations. So he might have a point.

"Contestants who fail to make the weight for their designated weight class shall be given up to 2 hours to make required weight. Any contestant who fails to make the weight shall not be allowed to compete unless both contestants consent to participate in the scheduled bout at an acceptable catch weight per section III (C) (3)"

https://www.idfpr.com/Forms/DPR/MixedMartialArtsConsultingRulesandRegs.pdf (page 13)

He weighed in at about the 2hr mark
Only his side is saying they had an hour still

Except the commissions doctor said he was ok.

Doctors don’t make the final call the AC does.

Yoel & his entire team are snakes they beem spreading this bs narrative and the I won narrative and it is pathetic.

I guarentee you the AC stopped him an hour in from have a hot bath and using a sauna and Yoel was to weak to use a Bike or treadmill and that to him and his team = “Stopped the weight cut” this will amount to absolutely zero just like his “case” against the suppliment company. “Tainted suppliment “ my arse.

They have a better chance of trying to challenge the fight decision more than anything.

Exhibit A: Mike Jackson got a 10-8 round over Punk but Yoel didn’t against Robert in the 5th.

Stop watching Sonny from Big Daddy and start watching Sonny Liston.

Doctors don’t make the final call the AC does.

Yoel & his entire team are snakes they beem spreading this bs narrative and the I won narrative and it is pathetic.

I guarentee you the AC stopped him an hour in from have a hot bath and using a sauna and Yoel was to weak to use a Bike or treadmill and that to him and his team = “Stopped the weight cut” this will amount to absolutely zero just like his “case” against the suppliment company. “Tainted suppliment “ my arse.
You're an idiot. A doctor knows more about someone's health than someone with no medical knowledge. In fact there were 2 doctors on hand and they were cool with the progress.

They have a better chance of trying to challenge the fight decision more than anything.

Exhibit A: Mike Jackson got a 10-8 round over Punk but Yoel didn’t against Robert in the 5th.

Punk mounted zero offence that round and was dominated in all faucets.

Robert had some offence.

You're an idiot. A doctor knows more about someone's health than someone with no medical knowledge. In fact there were 2 doctors on hand and they were cool with the progress.

Never said they diddnt. But as I said they are there to advise not make the dec

Lol good luck Rofl

“Up Too” Doctors advise AC has final say.

Yoel should be kissing her feet thanking her that she looked past his weakend state and let him fight at all.

His talk about how he won makes me want to puke as well.

YOU LOST MOVE ON IDIOT
Doctors didnt stop his cut, idiot

They can, but how about being a professional And make it the first time, like 99.9% of fighters do? Ten weeks should be plenty of time. And he thinks it is Ok to complain after?
Why isn't it professional to get the extra attempt? What kind of logic is that. It doesn't matter if you make the weight in one or two attempts, it's within the rules and professional. Nobody whined about Kevin Lee when he needed the second attempt to make weight. It doesn't matter.

They already talked too much tho...Seems like they said they were planning missing weight first, then taking the 2 extra hours, now, its not rare that the comission stops weight cuts, they stopped Holloway and pulled him from the fight, they stopped Heather Hardy from making weight in NY, just an AC being an AC, next time make weight withing the rules, dont try to bend it like Romero always does.

yeah...and they stopped Holloway's weight cut during fight week before he even jumped on the scales

The second weigh in was 1h55m later. Even if he got the extra 5 minutes, there is no way he could have cut another 0.2 lb in that time. If he was capable of cutting that quickly, he would have only needed 25 minutes after the first weigh in to make weight.

hmm I'm skeptical. Videoclips don't show the fullstory. Maybe yes he did weigh in within the 2 hour mark but they could be true that the commission stopped them 1hour during their cut and they spent that other 55min arguing and being a sob about it..I'm just saying..look into it. #conspiracylookintoit

when fighting-"dont leave it in the hands of judges"
when cutting weight-"dont leave it in the hands of commission"

while they both sound stupid the later saying makes little bit more sense then the first one hehe

Why isn't it professional to get the extra attempt? What kind of logic is that. It doesn't matter if you make the weight in one or two attempts, it's within the rules and professional. Nobody whined about Kevin Lee when he needed the second attempt to make weight. It doesn't matter.
It should be penalized, just wake up early.

If he wants to sue anyone, it should be God, who didn't bless him with a victory. First, God made him fail the weigh-in, then God made him lose the fight. I wonder what he did to anger God so much - He should look in to that.

Sour grapes. You missed weight last time, and you tried to use a loop hole, and it didn’t work out. Get over it.

Too much shady ness surrounding the so-called Lsoldier of God.” Coming from someone managed by the same sleazeball as Jones, it’s not surprising.

Well, it is actually written in their rules and regulations. So he might have a point.

"Contestants who fail to make the weight for their designated weight class shall be given up to 2 hours to make required weight. Any contestant who fails to make the weight shall not be allowed to compete unless both contestants consent to participate in the scheduled bout at an acceptable catch weight per section III (C) (3)"

https://www.idfpr.com/Forms/DPR/MixedMartialArtsConsultingRulesandRegs.pdf (page 13)

The thing is, it says “up to 2 hours”. This does not mean he gets two hours, it means he gets a maximum of two hours. He could have received 1 minute or 120 minutes. It is vague enough that this lawsuit will go nowhere.

Back