Yoel Romero plans lawsuit against Illinois State Athletic Commission

That’s the kawa family blueprint. Say you’re going to sue, and then never sue.

Yet people bitch about Colby calling the cops for being assaulted with a weapon by a guy 2x his size. Filthy aniamls gonna filthy animal.

Well, it is actually written in their rules and regulations. So he might have a point.

"Contestants who fail to make the weight for their designated weight class shall be given up to 2 hours to make required weight. Any contestant who fails to make the weight shall not be allowed to compete unless both contestants consent to participate in the scheduled bout at an acceptable catch weight per section III (C) (3)"

https://www.idfpr.com/Forms/DPR/MixedMartialArtsConsultingRulesandRegs.pdf (page 13)
Would the "up to" part save them though?

it says up to 2 hours, not 2 hours. And the video shows it was basically 2 hours between his two attempts.

What exactly are you suing over? You didn’t win the fight. Yes some people think you did but technically you did not get your hand raised. And you have a history of not making the correct weight. So it’s on you. All on you. Your fault.

I don't know if it makes any sense, maybe for other fighters in the future who comes in the same situation.
And what want Romero to archive, he want money or he just want to get things right?
He can also move up a division, get a fight with Gustafsson and with a win, fight Cormier for the LHW title

As much as I’m not a Yoel fan, I can’t blame him for planning to use those two hours. I mean, is there any rule that says you can’t use them? If you don’t want anyone use the extra hours, then get rid of them completely. Once the rules say so, you can’t fucking stop someone from taking advantage of them.

Yoel got 1hr 56 minutes.

Not really grounds for complaint there! The rules only state "...up to 2 hours". He's not guaranteed 2 hours exactly to the second :p

http://www.ilga.gov/commission/jcar/admincode/068/068013700A01400R.html

The thing is, it says “up to 2 hours”. This does not mean he gets two hours, it means he gets a maximum of two hours. He could have received 1 minute or 120 minutes. It is vague enough that this lawsuit will go nowhere.

Exactly, plus in this case he had very close to 2 full hours between weigh-in attempts:

Yoel got 1hr 56 minutes.

Not really grounds for complaint there! The rules only state "...up to 2 hours". He's not guaranteed 2 hours exactly to the second :p

http://www.ilga.gov/commission/jcar/admincode/068/068013700A01400R.html

Aight, up to 1 hour 56 min. How do you know you are allowed to use them? Or is it some fat fuck from the comission who has never stepped a foot inside a gym, will tell whether or not you are allowed to use the extra time? It ain’t right.

I don’t understand how it benefits Yoel to miss weight the first time on purpose. Sure he gets a little more time but that’s a couple more hours of complete agony while your opponent is rehydrating and eating.
Because it would have been more difficult and taxing on his body to cut it all the first time. Whittaker did it, he should have to as well.

Aight, up to 1 hour 56 min. How do you know you are allowed to use them? Or is it some fat fuck from the comission who has never stepped a foot inside a gym, will tell whether or not you are allowed to use the extra time? It ain’t right.

giphy.gif

The fuck are you on about?

Last edited:
The argument the commission would make is that you wouldn’t have received the bonuses if you kept cutting, as you wouldn’t have been in the right shape.

I’m not sure Yoel has actually declared this of yet, heard comments from his manager/s how are frauds and bizarre individuals for a professional environment

I hope he wins.
He won't, but the commission shouldn't just be able to arbitrarily change the rules without having informed the fighter.

How can you overrule the doctors "for the fighter's safety" when you aren't a doctor?

It does sound like the commission fucked him over. He didn't win the fight though, but he is still out like $120k.
According to below the belt, Schaub said Rogan was there and textin him as it went on and confirmed yoels story. He says the doctor was saying yoel was fine but the commission pulled the plug on the cut 45 mins in for no reason

The fuck are you on about?
“Contestants who fail to make the weight for their designated weight class shall be given up to 2 hours to make required weight. Any contestant who fails to make the weight shall be disqualified unless both contestants consent to participate in the scheduled bout. The weight differential shall be approved by the Division; bouts may be cancelled per the Division's discretion.”

Hating on someone so bad that you can’t fucking accept facts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NiTrok
Back