Yoel Romero plans lawsuit against Illinois State Athletic Commission

Yeah you're trying to present yourself as objective and only stating the facts while refusing to answer any questions and then offering opinions on other things.

fact, a little under 2 hours passed. Fact the commission rules grant up to 2 hours.
Since there is no itinerary or back stage camera recording exactly what happened you have no way of knowing that he used most of the time cutting weight and that he wasn't stopped lets say 40 minutes before he emerges again and they spent some time arguing and asking for clarification before organizing everyone to have him come out and weigh in again. Also a fact, yoel's team has made these accusations about the commissions conduct and they haven't come out to refute them. That doesn't mean they're true, but you'd think they would since it was broadcast by Rogan during the show.

You seem to have plenty of opinions about yoel, but you refuse to answer what you think happened that led to yoel emerging .2 pounds over the limit with time still to go in the up to 2 hours(did they stop him? if so, at what point, or did he stop himself ahead of time?)

Which opinions?

His team have been quoted on all of the things I've said.

1/ They planned to fail the first weigh-in attempt
2/ They believed they had a full 2 hours to weight cut, instead of "up to" 2 hours at the discretion of the commission
(http://mmaimports.com/2018/06/yoel-romeros-camp-admit-they-intentionally-missed-weight-for-ufc-225/) & other interviews
3/ They deliberately and cynically stalled for more time after the commission specifically requested their presence, "Of course we stall for time."
(source: youtube.com/watch?v=fvGKy8kox8U&feature=youtu.be&t=129

It's irrelevant what happened 40 minutes in or 55 minutes to go or whatever else is being speculated on. He's not guaranteed a full 2 hours extra weight-cutting.

Yes in my opinion they behaved very unprofessionally, expecting to have extra time at their convenience.

Which opinions?

His team have been quoted on all of the things I've said.

1/ They planned to fail the first weigh-in attempt
2/ They believed they had a full 2 hours to weight cut, instead of "up to" at the discretion of the commission
(http://mmaimports.com/2018/06/yoel-romeros-camp-admit-they-intentionally-missed-weight-for-ufc-225/) & other interviews
3/ They deliberately and cynically stalled for more time after the commission specifically requested their presence, "Of course we stall for time."
(source: youtube.com/watch?v=fvGKy8kox8U&feature=youtu.be&t=129

It irrelevant what happened 40 minutes in or 55 minutes to go or whatever else is being speculated on. He's not guaranteed a full 2 hours extra weight-cutting.

Yes in my opinion they behaved very unprofessionally, expecting to have extra time at their convenience.
So you still won't answer, do you think they stopped him from cutting, or do you think he made the decision to stop cutting and lied about it.

What are you on about?

It was Romero and his team who made narcissistic assumptions: that they'd have 2 full hours to sit in a tub, and then Romero could be weighed-in at his convenience while everybody waited patiently for him to get his act together.

There were many other people getting weighed in that day, and it was selfish and silly of them to deliberately miss weight the first time. They have only themselves to blame. Very unprofessional team.
Still not sure what you're getting at. The rules allow "up to 2 hours" maximum at the discretion of the commision, and he got that.

It's this weird inflexible attitude from you and his team that he gets strictly a full 2 hours and then a weigh in at their own convenience. Too bad, the world doesn't revolve around Romero. He got extra time and still failed.

They just get more and more guilty with their admissions. His team even admitted they deliberately played for more time and delayed things (much like Romero did against Whittaker and Kennedy):

you offer up tons of opinions about his team and their conduct but refuse to offer up one about this scenario. Is it scummy and unprofessional? absolutely. But not against the rules. Your up to scenario just indicates that someone had to draw the line... was it yoel or the commission? If you're arguing that yoel probably won't prevail in a lawsuit, i'd agree with that too... but state what you think happened here.

Rooting for Romero. Bureaucrats making decisions based on their personal comfortability and not rules is not right. You can't ignore experts (doctors) because you feel like it.

So you still won't answer, do you think they stopped him from cutting, or do you think he made the decision to stop cutting and lied about it.

you offer up tons of opinions about his team and their conduct but refuse to offer up one about this scenario. Is it scummy and unprofessional? absolutely. But not against the rules. Your up to scenario just indicates that someone had to draw the line... was it yoel or the commission? If you're arguing that yoel probably won't prevail in a lawsuit, i'd agree with that too... but state what you think happened here.

Why do you keep going back to these idiotic questions? I've said over and over it doesn't matter.

I don't care and I'm not going to speculate, since the answer changes nothing of importance. There was no guarantee for a full 2 hours so it doesn't matter if they cut him off.

It was foolish of his team to believe he was entitled to a full 2 hours of weight cutting.

it-doesnt-matter-gif-9.gif

You can't ignore experts (doctors) because you feel like it.

They can. The additional time allowed is at their discretion, to a maximum of 2 hours.

The only advice they can't ignore is when the doctors advise it's unsafe to continue. Beyond that the doctor doesn't get the final word, and the commission is free to act as they see fit within their guidelines.

Back