Yoel Romero Vs Prime Fedor

Most likely Fedor exploits Yoel's gas tank in the grappling department.

Yoel looks stronger but he was having trouble doing much in the clinch against Whittaker. Fedor used to toss around large HW's like sandbags.

Interesting fight. Would have to see how Romero does against bigger fighters before I was going to pick him against prime Fedor though.
Fedor Isn't really a bigger fighter. They're pretty much the same size honestly. both 5'10, similar reach.

Fedor is packing a lot more body fat, Yoel far less.

When not cutting to 185, Yoel could get pretty close. They'd maybe have 10 pounds of weight difference on fight night and It would be all fat mostly.

Fedor Isn't really a bigger fighter. They're pretty much the same size honestly. both 5'10, similar reach.

Fedor is packing a lot more body fat, Yoel far less.

When not cutting to 185, Yoel could get pretty close. They'd maybe have 10 pounds of weight difference on fight night and It would be all fat mostly.

I meant more that Yoel is generally fighting smaller fighters than Fedor (even though Romero isn't much smaller than him himself, if at all). Romero usually has a pretty wide strength advantage over his opponents, that wouldn't be the case with a prime Fedor.

If we are talking lhw to hw, Fedor easily. The man was very, very good in his prime. And I don't think Romero moved down to mw and stayed there for 7 years despite his cutting issues without cause. It's likely he loses a lot of his advantages in the heavier weight classes.

Back