YOKKAO boxing gloves review

ThomasSonshi

Orange Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
CACDrYhU8AAgnA9.jpg

Tonight was the 5th time I wore my Yokkao boxing gloves working out on the bag at the gym. My bag workout lasts 30 mins each with continuous punches (no rest), so I've clocked in 2.5 hours so far. I own several gloves (Winning, Cleto Reyes, Hayabusa, et al) and the best description I can say about these gloves is WOW. Tonight was really where I was convinced how good these gloves are because I unleashed 50 hard punches at the end and felt super! The gloves gave great protection yet they have tremendous feedback where I enjoyed the feel of every punch I made.

I must admit I researched Yokkao gloves here before I made my initial purchase. Some of the reviews were pretty negative so I was hesitant but I went ahead with it anyway. Glad I did because these gloves are a delight to use. Shipping was SUPER fast. In fact I placed my order on a Tuesday and received it on Friday by DHL all the way from Thailand. My second order I placed on Sunday and arrived on Wednesday. The company's representatives have been wonderfully responsive, especially on Twitter. It indicates they appreciate their customers and that means a lot to me.

So if you are considering some Yokkao gloves, give them a try. You might just love them like me. I'm now a big fan of their products and what they represent (they have Buakaw, for chrissakes!), not just their gloves.

How much did you pay for them?

Did you order from Yokkao or a retailer?? That is pretty fast shipping.

Honestly, when a review is this overwhelmingly positive and you have a history of 1 post I get real skeptical.

Answering questions asked. I purchased from Yokkao.com direct because there doesn't seem to be a US-based retailer I trust. The shipping speed is about as fast as Amazon Prime but there is a flat fee of $25 which apparently is DHL overnight. The Phoenix gloves are leather and were $80. So total was $105. I'm comparing that price to other gloves I have and love to use and it's a solid value hands down. Forgot to mention the gloves' construction is light (mine is 16 oz) yet feels durable. Granted I only clocked in 2.5 hours but no quality issues so far. I'll update if I see anything.

Yes I only have one post. I do spend my time here lurking from time to time though, for instance, when researching gloves and getting people's opinions on the latest fight (Go Pacquiao!!!). If you're skeptical then I don't blame you but Yokkao didn't pay me to say anything I'm saying. I'm just a fan of theirs. Here's verification of who I am and where I publicly posted my review on Twitter: https://twitter.com/ThomasSonshi/status/579874189877882880

Glad you like them but damn 105 is a lot to pay for Yokkao gloves....oh man.....

Thanks for the review Thomas. I've always wanted to try Yokkao gloves, but haven't had a chance yet. I'm glad to see a positive review.

You said that you also own Winning, Cleteo Reyes and Hayabusa gloves, where in your opinion Yokkao stands compared to these major brands?

Thanks for answering my question. Looks as if Yokkao doesn't mess around when shipping out orders. Nice!!! I do like the look of the gloves but the price is gonna throw me off a bit. Thanks for the review. Its nice to see something different:)

I'll check them out when i'm in Thailand, but I've always heard they are just mediocre.

thanks for the review, they look pretty nice and there are some sweet designs on the website as well.

You're welcome to all who thanked me. Trying to share what I know since I've gotten my share of info from Sherdog. Someone asked about me ranking my gloves. Each of my gloves is better than the others in different ways so it's hard to rank one over another. Plus I'm still trying to get more brands! If I have to choose one regardless of price it would be Winning but it's not 3x better than Yokkao based on price alone. Maybe 10% better overall. However if you look at value overall, Yokkao wins hands down, even though many here think the price is too high. What is a set of gloves worth if it fits your hands securely and protects them well? Not all gloves fit well to me, much like my Cleto Reyes even though it's twice the price. I'm sure another person with different hands would disagree but that's ok because we're both right. Bottomline, I love to use every one of my gloves and they are cool in their own ways.

A bit of advice for those who don't already do so: much like your shoes, rotate your gloves so they can air dry fully (NO HEAT especially with leather), plus your hands don't get too used to one and they get a workout too.

Speaking of cool (at least to me!), check out my shiny Buakaw shorts below:
CAwTepTUQAE0O78.jpg

You're welcome to all who thanked me. Trying to share what I know since I've gotten my share of info from Sherdog. Someone asked about me ranking my gloves. Each of my gloves is better than the others in different ways so it's hard to rank one over another. Plus I'm still trying to get more brands! If I have to choose one regardless of price it would be Winning but it's not 3x better than Yokkao based on price alone. Maybe 10% better overall. However if you look at value overall, Yokkao wins hands down, even though many here think the price is too high. What is a set of gloves worth if it fits your hands securely and protects them well? Not all gloves fit well to me, much like my Cleto Reyes even though it's twice the price. I'm sure another person with different hands would disagree but that's ok because we're both right. Bottomline, I love to use every one of my gloves and they are cool in their own ways.

A bit of advice for those who don't already do so: much like your shoes, rotate your gloves so they can air dry fully (NO HEAT especially with leather), plus your hands don't get too used to one and they get a workout too.

Speaking of cool (at least to me!), check out my shiny Buakaw shorts below:
CAwTepTUQAE0O78.jpg

Those are sic!!!!! Very nice!!!

Here's my YOKKAO gear so far and they have a ton more stuff if you check out their website -- fit for Muay Thai champions and Muay Thai champions at heart! (You can tell there's some good battle wear on my gloves already!)
CA6iEukXEAAB28X.jpg

Here's a training video of Buakaw, my favorite Muay Thai fighter, wearing the shorts above: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8PrZ3DaCg8

Dude, you look like you straight up got sponsored by Yokkao! :icon_chee

:D I usually only wear one item to gym whether it'd be gloves, tshirt, or shorts! Plus it'll be drenched with sweat anyway at the end of the night, hardly sponsorable at the point!

:D I usually only wear one item to gym whether it'd be gloves, tshirt, or shorts! Plus it'll be drenched with sweat anyway at the end of the night, hardly sponsorable at the point!

I actually like your set a lot lol

Back