"You’d swear he was raised on the mean streets rather than a four-bedroom home in Lucan.”

RandomUser12

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I found this quote, which came from a source close to Conor, very interesting. Conor has long projected this story as that of a rags to riches one, of how he "didn't have a pot to piss in," and yet the reality doesn't quite seem to support that.

https://www.thesun.ie/tvandshowbiz/...saying-rumours-are-being-fuelled-by-ufc-star/

It's very evident that Conor is very insecure about his happy, comfortable upbringing. He obviously feels such a middle class environment somehow lacks the authenticity of that of a poorer one, hence his very real and agitated reaction when Nate made reference to Conor's privileged childhood.

Last edited:
get a life bro... I mean this in a good way

It's very evident that Conor is very insecure about his happy, comfortable upbringing

What?

I've never heard him try to depict having a 'rags to riches story'

Diaz said something like' 'rich kids shouldn't fight' which sounded like the usual Diaz gobbldey gook, but do your own research on Crumlin as an area and the murder rate (gangland related) for a small part of Dublin.

We have these things called cars and buses which can transport you from Lucan to Crumlin and vise versa.

The reality is, even Nate was brought up in an incredibly pampered way compared to true poverty in the world. It would humble a lot of "unprivileged Westerners", with their IPhones, health insurance, free food/housing/money to go to some third world countries, specifically rural third world, just to see how pampered and spoiled they are. The irony is, it is the poorest of these that are some of the most truly contented and the richest, most pampered westerners, that are the most unhappy and never fulfilled - the human condition is deeply fucked up and ass backwards.

Last edited:
Wasn't Conor on welfare?

Yes, while he continued to live with his parents into his mid 20's.

Hard knocks stuff, for sure.

What?

I've never heard him try to depict having a 'rags to riches story'

Diaz said something like' 'rich kids shouldn't fight' which sounded like the usual Diaz gobbldey gook, but do your own research on Crumlin as an area and the murder rate (gangland related) for a small part of Dublin.

We have these things called cars and buses which can transport you from Lucan to Crumlin and vise versa.

Conor was a million miles removed from such criminal activity and the grenades in the letterboxes. By all accounts, a mummy's boy.

Last edited:
Wasn't Conor on welfare?

He was on "welfare". He basically took advantage of his countries VERY generous benefits so he could train full time. He lived in his parents attic for free while they paid for all his food and he just trained and collected checks from the government

He was on "welfare". He basically took advantage of his countries VERY generous benefits so he could train full time. He lived in his parents attic for free while they paid for all his food and he just trained and collected checks from the government
Jeez, what a cunt. And the irish people still treat his dumb ass like a god.

He's hardly universally liked in Ireland. Most of the Irish I know support him begrudgingly.

Conor was a million miles removed from such criminal activity and the grenades in the letterboxes. By all accounts, a mummy's boy.

Where are you getting all this 'rags to riches' nonsense from before reading that article?

I don't know the chap personally, but from what I can gather, he came from a working class family. Crumlin is where he grew up and the temptation to get involved in selling drugs is always an option. I'm not sure when his family moved to Lucan - which is a nice part of Dublin - but it has its rough parts as well.

Dublin had the highest murder rate in Europe in 2012 or maybe a little bit earlier than that, and a lot of it stemmed from the Crumlin and surrounding areas. It's possible Conor could have being pally with some of the folk involved in the shootings, and it may have being one of the reasons they moved to Lucan, but it wouldn't stop him going back to Crumlin to see his pals.

What it seems like was Conor was a layabout who wasn't doing a whole lot aside from training. ESPN sent over their main writer and sweet Jesus, some of what he wrote was absolute drivel. I think the chap's name was Max.

They do? Interesting.

He's a cunt for being on social welfare - Christ, I can only imagine what you'd say if he popped for PEDs or ran someone over.

Why does anyone give a fuck? I don’t care about his childhood anymore than I do Cain’s or overeems. I’m not going to enjoy fights more or less based on someone being raised poor or rich. Just fill the room with fucking uppercuts and armbars, and I’ll be happy. Ffs, it makes me wonder if some of you pansies even like mma.

I'm sure he has payed back his welfare benefits many times over via taxes.

I was in Irish welfare for ages - it's great. Money every week and whatever free third level college courses you like - I got free education in Dublin city university and University college cork. You also get "fuel allowance" during the winter. Can't really blame Conor for taking advantage and training full time.
As for living with his parents. So fucking what? Rents in Dublin are fucking exorbitant. Fuck giving "dead money" to some fucking cunt landlord

I was in Irish welfare for ages - it's great. Money every week and whatever free third level college courses you like - I got free education in Dublin city university and University college cork. You also get "fuel allowance" during the winter. Can't really blame Conor for taking advantage and training full time.
As for living with his parents. So fucking what? Rents in Dublin are fucking exorbitant. Fuck giving "dead money" to some fucking cunt landlord

That's why the Irish are world renowned dumb cunts. I've got two fucking books on my library shelf dedicated to Irish jokes.

Did you hear the one about the Irish Hound who was gnawing on a bone? When he stood up the fucking mutt only had 3 legs.

Irish version of governance is to rob additional taxes from the few and far between smart Irish tax payers and give that money away to the hordes of dumb cunt lazy welfare cheats.

Oh, I can't be racist cos' I've got Irish friends lololol.

Back