You are denied citizenship

correct decision

• Total voters
Muslim-Woman-696x348.jpg

Is that the hand she wipes with tho? Maybe she was just trying to do them a solid..

I thought they wipe with the left, but remember something along the lines of they wont shake right hands with non-muslims.

lol @ another customer solving this potential newsworthy incident.

I'm waiting for this to happen on a flight, where the flight attendant refuses to get me a red wine Will be so triggered!
Your jew ass gonna get belted

You're one sensitive motherfucker.
Wouldn't she be the sensitive one?

If your job description includes handling alcohol and other haram products like pork, then maybe you should find a new job instead of expecting every customer to bend to your cultural and/or religious needs?

Wouldn't she be the sensitive one?

If your job description includes handling alcohol and other haram products like pork, then maybe you should find a new job instead of expecting every customer to bend to your cultural and/or religious needs?

If I'm asked to scan a bottle of wine(that takes 1-2 seconds) I wouldn't hesitate. I certainly wouldn't hold up the line and act like a prick. It's just not that big of a deal.

If I'm asked to scan a bottle of wine(that takes 1-2 seconds) I wouldn't hesitate. I certainly wouldn't hold up the line and act like a prick. It's just not that big of a deal.
I understand, I wouldn't make a big deal out of it myself. But the burden shouldn't be on the customer to do her job.

Leftists here grabbing ankles to accommodate muslim beliefs. "It doesn't bother me, I'm not holding up the que, we have to respect them". Acting like the people who have to put up with them are the assholes. Captain Sweden is real.

You're one sensitive motherfucker.
Perhaps, but he has a point.

You refuse to handle alcohol? Don't work in a place where you're expected to.
You refuse to interact with the oposite sex? Don't move someplace where you're expected to.

Social norms dictate policy and shape our societies. Why voluntarily put yourself in situations that are at odds with your values?

The woman argued that her "religious beliefs" prevented her from shaking hands with a senior official presiding over the citizenship ceremony in the southeastern Isere region in June 2016, as well as with a local politician.

Once again, the right wingers getting offended over stupid shit...talk about being pussies.

Stupid belief...but whatever, there is so many fucking stupid beliefs, why should we treat this differently? I mean if the belief is actually real.

I don't see why a religious beliefs should interfere with citzenship...

Who gives a shit tbh?

She should get the citzenship if she passed background and is a good person....I would not get offended if some crazy religious person didn't want to shake hands, along she pays taxes and is a good citzen.

Honestly that's really petty but not surprised it happened in France. Frenchies think their culture is the best and get triggered very easily at any perceived slight to it which I guess they saw this as.

She should come to America instead where we're not as triggered by religion.

Perhaps, but he has a point.

You refuse to handle alcohol? Don't work in a place where you're expected to.
You refuse to interact with the oposite sex? Don't move someplace where you're expected to.

Social norms dictate policy and shape our societies. Why voluntarily put yourself in situations that are at odds with your values?
You're right that she shouldn't have tried to get French citizenship given how religious she is and how petty and sensitive the French are when it comes to religion. But who says she'd have to interact with the opposite sex? Maybe she could work from home, that's getting increasingly easier nowadays. Or just be a stay at home wife.

You're right that she shouldn't have tried to get French citizenship given how religious she is and how petty and sensitive the French are when it comes to religion. But who says she'd have to interact with the opposite sex? Maybe she could work from home, that's getting increasingly easier nowadays. Or just be a stay at home wife.
That would be a strange way of going through life by my way of thinking, but whatever.

Why not be a recluse and work from home in a society where people wouldn't judge that as odd, out of the norm behavior? We're talking about a country where women organized an anti-me too march after all. A latin American woman who enjoys flirting with men wouldn't be accepted in a place where that's haram, so why ask the reverse?

Wasn't there a similar story out of the Netherlands a few years ago?

If you are not willing to go along with a custom as innocuous as shaking hands then what kind of citizen would you make on bigger issues?

That would be a strange way of going through life by my way of thinking, but whatever.

Why not be a recluse and work from home in a society where people wouldn't judge that as odd, out of the norm behavior? We're talking about a country where women organized an anti-me too march after all. A latin American woman who enjoys flirting with men wouldn't be accepted in a place where that's haram, so why ask the reverse?

Wasn't there a similar story out of the Netherlands a few years ago?
Would you really be judged as odd for working from home in France? And either way many people move to other countries for purely economic reasons. You think Westerners move to the Gulf states because they love Islam? Or because they can make a killing there?

EDIT: Funny enough Adbul Hakim Murad(aka Timothy Winter) learned Arabic for the sole reason of wanting to make money in the Gulf and ended becoming an internationally distinguished Islamic scholar. But he's an exception, most don't convert to Islam I imagine.

Would you really be judged as odd for working from home in France? And either way many people move to other countries for purely economic reasons. You think Westerners move to the Gulf states because they love Islam? Or because they can make a killing there?
For working from home? No. For refusing to abide by social norms? Yes. And that's what this thread is about.

Of course westerners go to the Gulf states for economic reasons. I'm not sure most foreign workers actually try to become citizens though, and they damned sure abide by the local customs while out in public. Do you think a Brit would celebrate gaining Saudi citizenship by kissing their wife or having a pint at the local pub? When in Rome...

For working from home? No. For refusing to abide by social norms? Yes. And that's what this thread is about.
Uh, you said this...
Why not be a recluse and work from home in a society where people wouldn't judge that as odd, out of the norm behavior?
Of course westerners go to the Gulf states for economic reasons. I'm not sure most foreign workers actually try to become citizens though, and they damned sure abide by the local customs while out in public. Do you think a Brit would celebrate gaining Saudi citizenship by kissing their wife or having a pint at the local pub? When in Rome...
But that's not true, Middle Eastern states make accommodations for Westerners all the time. Even the Morsi government agreed not to ban alcohol so that hotels could keep serving them for foreigners and they're hardly unique in that. Muslims states allow poison to be served so Westerners can get shitfaced but fucking Frenchies can't accept not shaking a woman's hand? The guy's probably a creep if he wants to touch her so badly.

But that's not true, Middle Eastern states make accommodations for Westerners all the time. Even the Morsi government agreed not to ban alcohol so that hotels could keep serving them for foreigners and they're hardly unique in that. Muslims states allow poison to be served so Westerners can get shitfaced but fucking Frenchies can't accept not shaking a woman's hand? The guy's probably a creep if he wants to touch her so badly.
<Huh2>

Back