You are denied citizenship

correct decision

• Total voters
That's real petty from her. And if the French decide to withhold the citizenship as fair punishment then, men

That is actually a little-known fact about France. But all French citizens need to be able to shake hands.
Because they never know which one of them will have to shake hands after they sign the official surrender.
The fact that you are German gives that joke an extra kick.

Good on the French for showing some kind of standards.

Once again, the right wingers getting offended over stupid shit...talk about being pussies.

Stupid belief...but whatever, there is so many fucking stupid beliefs, why should we treat this differently? I mean if the belief is actually real.

I don't see why a religious beliefs should interfere with citzenship...

Who gives a shit tbh?

She should get the citzenship if she passed background and is a good person....I would not get offended if some crazy religious person didn't want to shake hands, along she pays taxes and is a good citzen.
We don't condone women not being allowed to do things like shake hands in a civilized society. We believe in equality, don't we? When people think they need to leave their home because its awful to go somewhere else, why carry on the traditions that drove you to leave?

Don't really care, Orthodox Jews do the same thing. In fact there are places here in Miami where they teach the cops that they can't give a ticket to an Orthodox Jewish woman, they have to lay the ticket down on the seat and the woman picks it up.

We don't condone women not being allowed to do things like shake hands in a civilized society. We believe in equality, don't we?
Do you believe women should be allowed to refuse a handshake? Because that's what happened here, she chose not to shake their hand. Like another poster mentioned, Orthodox Jews have similar norms so should Orthodox women be denied citizenship if they don't wish to shake hands with men?

Personally I don't think people are titled to shake my hand or worse, give me a hug, I like my personal space thank you very much.
When people think they need to leave their home because its awful to go somewhere else, why carry on the traditions that drove you to leave?
It seems she moved to be with her husband who is a Frenchman.

People love freedom of religion except when that religion is Islam it seems

Good, she should not have refused the handshake.

Back