You dirty rat!

Sticky traps are the way to go. Get the big rat-sized ones and put a small dab of peanut butter in the middle for bait. As others have said, you'll also want to plug any gaps or holes in the floor/roof/walls with steel wool and/or galvanized steel mesh, both of which mice and rats cannot chew through. Mice can crawl though gaps as small as half an inch or less, making it harder to keep them out. Rats need bigger holes to get in but both will aggressively chew around existing holes to make them big enough to get in.

I thought I read something like wolf urine or some other predator's urine.

A neighbor's cat patrols other people's properties as if it owns the place, so I'm assuming it takes care of rats/mice.

I thought I read something like wolf urine or some other predator's urine.

A neighbor's cat patrols other people's properties as if it owns the place, so I'm assuming it takes care of rats/mice.
Yea! Let’s sprinkle the garage with fucking Wolf urine!

it's a waste of good wolf urine

we are sherdoggers just piss all over your garage. it will scare off the mice and probably attract women on a base primal level

save the wolf urine for a rainy day
Haha, exactly my thought.

Basic mouse traps always worked fine for me. Although one time we set some down at work and I came in one day and noticed one of the traps had caught and killed a big fat mouse. The thing was, it had like 5 little baby mice all suckling on its corpse. So I had to start my work day having to kill all its babies as well. It was brutal. I always remember how not a single one of the little mice tried running away from their mother, even while we scooped the whole mess into a bin bag. My buddy just wanted to throw them into the skip outside but I thought it'd be more humane to give a quick death, so we just smashed the bag with bits of wood until there were no signs of life. I felt like dogshit afterwards
Damn making me question nature’s neutrality now

Reactions: Zer
These work really well:

If you want to be more "humane" and drown them to death or feed them to snakes....

This guy is like the fucking Stephen Hawkings on catching mice, he even has his own trap he created and sells:

So I had to start my work day having to kill all its babies as well.

This made me laugh so hard...

My wife gave me a weird look.

"yeah, you don't want to know honey."

Reactions: Zer
We put down some poison once at a work place and came in the next morning to a pile of blue poison shavings, bloody creature had individually stripped each coasted grain of it's poison.amd left a pile.

We saw a mouse at work in the shop. I got some poison called "Just One Bite. The next morning there were 17 dead mice around the shop floor. The plastic tilting traps that go on a bucket work well too.
1710688300180.jpeg

Voles are the issue here. Fortunately, they prefer to be outside unless the temperature dips below freezing.

The funny thing is, our 50lb house dog smashes so many voles in the yard that we actually spend more money on food for the 10lb barn cat. Cat is appropriately named Sylvester.

Saw a mouse run under my garage door today when mowing the lawn. Did some snooping around and sure enough, there are little mouse poopings on some shelves and under a shoe rack. I keep a clean garage too. Even vacuum the epoxied floors.

Recommendations for the best traps?

How do I keep mice from coming in the garage? I've heard peppermint deters them so I bought some plug in peppermint diffusers for the garage.

View attachment 1034973
I'd get Orkin in. I had a rat in my garage a few months ago. Thankfully a one off but I pay them monthly to spray around the house to deter roaches etc. I think it's like $160 a month but well worth it for peace of mind. If you have any food items in there then make sure they're fully sealed. I don't know where you live but if it's cold they may have been coming in to warm up. Roaches here in the desert apparently come in to cool down. I think they might do a one off visit but read the small print, I had crickets coming in in Virginia and mistakenly signed up for a service rather than one off.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back