You do realize that if gsp decided to fight khabib...

rb3b3

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
If GSP decided to come back and fight khabib at 155 and gsp could actually make the weight, khabib would get absolutely demolished!!! He is taylor made for gsp style. Khabib poses no threat at all to gsp on the feet and would not be able to defend gsp takedowns. It would be vintage GSP. He would outwrestle a wrestler and he would stop khabib inside the distance. He would actually make it look easy as well. GSP is a NIGHTMARE matchup for khabib and gsp is no longer in his prime and that still doesnt matter! GSP would become the first ever 3 division champion! You heard it here first fellas!

At 170 i would agree.

At 155 who knows, gsp has never fought below 170. The cut could be tough on him

49-46 GSP

I could see Khabib winning the last Rd because of his cardio.

Would be a jabbing fest and GSP would show why he's the best MMA wrestler ever.

You do realise if GSP starved himself to 155 and fight Khabib he’d be ducking Woodley even harder than he ducked silva, right ?

Of course we realise this. Which is why we don't want it at all. We want GSP to fight hard fights like Woodley, Whitaker etc. Not cake walks like Conor, Bisping, Khabib.

If GSP wins it'll be in the same fashion he beat Shields. Khabib is a better grappler than GSP and anyone he has fought. This fight could go either way at LW, I like khabibs chances more.

If GSP wins it'll be in the same fashion he beat Shields. Khabib is a better grappler than GSP and anyone he has fought. This fight could go either way at LW, I like khabibs chances more.

I think Jake Shields might have something to say... He out grappled Woodley and Maia.

Of course we realise this. Which is why we don't want it at all. We want GSP to fight hard fights like Woodley, Whitaker etc. Not cake walks like Conor, Bisping, Khabib.
3 divisions champ tho.
and if can make 155,
fight the best.

wait on Khabib Vs Ferg winner imo

LOL at gsp out wrestling khabib , khabib would absolutely maul that maple syrup drinking twerp. And khabib is no slouch on the feet either, just tell me someone else who dropped mcgregor.

if Khabib was 45 years old maybe,
GSP won't come back unless a 40years old hold a belt

there is a reason why he is targeting smaller weight class
GSP want nothing from Tyron or Askren, both will stretch him in their own style

Khabib would outstrike gsp.

Khabib is like johnny hendricks..he keeps pressure when striking.

GSP cant handle pressure...dude got dropped by serra because the pressure was too much....Johnny hendricks kept overwhelming GSP with preasure.

GSP wouldnt control khabib on the ground either.

Sorry but gsp would get killed.

I think Jake Shields might have something to say... He out grappled Woodley and Maia.
Outgrappling them by winning very disputable Split Decisions that many people thought he didn't deserve?

You do realise if GSP starved himself to 155 and fight Khabib he’d be ducking Woodley even harder than he ducked silva, right ?
Well, Woodley would knock GSP's block off, so GSP is smart for ducking him.

I see no way gsp wins unless its a 5th round jab fest decision win

if Khabib was 45 years old maybe,
GSP won't come back unless a 40years old hold a belt

there is a reason why he is targeting smaller weight class
GSP want nothing from Tyron or Askren, both will stretch him in their own style
Right. That's why he went up to 185lbs.

I wont argue (prime) GSP would beat Khabib 9 out of 10, damn, maybe 10 out of 10.
However we are talking rusted GSP (Bisping is a bum compared to GSP level) x prime Khabib AND a 155 fight.
I would then be concerned on how an out of prime and ring rusted GSP would show after droping to 155.
TBH, if this happens say in 6 months (and at 155) IMO Khabib would have a slight edge

Yup i agree with that.. At this stage GSP is basically cherry picking. He is not interested in the tough fights such as tyron. I believe tyron would whoop gsp ass and i hate tyron. GSP wants the biggest fights with the least amount of risk in my opinion. He sees khabib is a great stylistic matchup for him and with khabibs new found fame after beating conor and the possibility of being a 3 wt champion, it would be a perfect cherry pick for him.

Regardless, GSP unfortunately is the p4p BEST mma fighter of all time.

If GSP makes 155...Khabib throws him around...if it's WW...it's the other way around....

LOL at gsp out wrestling khabib , khabib would absolutely maul that maple syrup drinking twerp. And khabib is no slouch on the feet either, just tell me someone else who dropped mcgregor.

LOL at you thinking khabib would out wrestle GSP. Im guessing you are relatively new to mma? If not and you have been watching this sport for yearssss then you would never ever put it past gsp to out wrestle khabib. GSP is probably the most explosive wrestler this sport has ever seen and he doesnt even have a wrestling background.

GSP wants a red panty night with Conor, at the 165Ib belt, it was going to happen if he got past Khabib but he didn't..........now GSP's colitis is playing up.......I don't think GSP is making 155Ib.

It was going to be the big triple and the only way they could really sell it was if Conor defeated the elite grappler in Khabib. They would then sell it as old Vs new, grappler Vs striker........who will be the first to become a champ at 3 weight classes.......and to do that it would need a new weight class.......

Back