You do realize that if gsp decided to fight khabib...

Imo GSP needs to fight Woodley and IF he wins the WW belt THEN he would have an argument for the 155 superfight.

As is, right now Dana has zero desire to see GSP snipe another belt and run off so the idea is dead in the water.
EVERYONE wants to see him vs Woodley and if he got his belt back we are in the double champ era so even Dana wouldnt be able to deny him .
Thats his path to being a triple champ imo. Also that would make him the third sinultaneous double champ. Throw in a couple of defenses and he will have everyone beat in every category damn near.

GSP wants a red panty night with Conor, at the 165Ib belt, it was going to happen if he got past Khabib but he didn't..........now GSP's colitis is playing up.......I don't think GSP is making 155Ib.

It was going to be the big triple and the only way they could really sell it was if Conor defeated the elite grappler in Khabib. They would then sell it as old Vs new, grappler Vs striker........who will be the first to become a champ at 3 weight classes.......and to do that it would need a new weight class.......

Sounds about right to me.

Eeeh I dunno. Prime GSP or near Prime GSP fighting at a comfortable weight, sure. But out of his prime 37 year old GSP killing himself to make 155, a weight at which he never fought before, to fight drained against an in his prime and still hungry for that legacy killer like Khabib. That might be tough.

Eeeh I dunno. Prime GSP or near Prime GSP fighting at a comfortable weight, sure. But out of his prime 37 year old GSP killing himself to make 155, a weight at which he never fought before, to fight drained against an in his prime and still hungry for that legacy killer like Khabib. That might be tough.

are we just gonna pretend khabib makes the cut to 155 easily? dude had fucking seizures for the conor fight

Imo GSP needs to fight Woodley and IF he wins the WW belt THEN he would have an argument for the 155 superfight.

As is, right now Dana has zero desire to see GSP snipe another belt and run off so the idea is dead in the water.
EVERYONE wants to see him vs Woodley and if he got his belt back we are in the double champ era so even Dana wouldnt be able to deny him .
Thats his path to being a triple champ imo. Also that would make him the third sinultaneous double champ. Throw in a couple of defenses and he will have everyone beat in every category damn near.

Dana has a desire in WHATEVER makes money. To say otherwise is just wrong. With that being said, a superfight with GSP and Khabib would make a lot of money no doubt which is why if gsp really wants it then it will happen.

are we just gonna pretend khabib makes the cut to 155 easily? dude had fucking seizures for the conor fight

Big difference between Khabib who fought most of his career at LW, beat elite fighters at LW, and became champ at LW, and GSP who never fought at LW and already looked drained when making the 175 cut.

Dana has a desire in WHATEVER makes money. To say otherwise is just wrong. With that being said, a superfight with GSP and Khabib would make a lot of money no doubt which is why if gsp really wants it then it will happen.
Generally i agree but i think Dana is still burned with the Bisping situation. He KNEW GSP wasnt going to defend. He even put it in the contract that he would defend and GSP still screwed him.
GSP vs Khabib would make money but GSP NOT defending would just screw up a bunch of stuff going down the road.
I dont see it happening.

LOL at gsp out wrestling khabib , khabib would absolutely maul that maple syrup drinking twerp. And khabib is no slouch on the feet either, just tell me someone else who dropped mcgregor.
He didnt drop McGregor. you know that right? Wait, youre one of those guys that says "Hendricks won", arent you. I bet you even present it as fact.

3 divisions champ tho.
and if can make 155,
fight the best.

wait on Khabib Vs Ferg winner imo

Means nothing when you’re targeting specific fighters and dodging others. Wow how can you people see not see this?

“Conor’s a 2 division champ!” Meanwhile he’s 1-2 in that so called “division”

No, no he didnt have seizures. Thats about as close to a fact as you can get.
What little respect I had for khabib vanished when he went rogue and jumped the cage to attack people, and when he lied about having seizures.
If he had a seizure, he would have gone to the hospital, and he wouldnt have been cleared to fight.
Theres no way his "family" and "friends" are going to watch him seize and just sit and do nothing.
ive seen 3 people have seizures in my life. its as tramatic (to the victim) of an event that could happen. your COMPLETE nervous system is fried for days. Most notably, your brain.

Occams Razor: Khabib is full of shit

I think Khabib flatlines GSP. GSP fought the old generation. One dimensional fighters like BJ Penn, Fitch, Matt Hughes etc. Khabib is a complete fighter. Good boxing, good boxing defence, great cardio, wrestling.

Generally i agree but i think Dana is still burned with the Bisping situation. He KNEW GSP wasnt going to defend. He even put it in the contract that he would defend and GSP still screwed him.
GSP vs Khabib would make money but GSP NOT defending would just screw up a bunch of stuff going down the road.
I dont see it happening.

it wouldnt screw up anything, gsp would vacate and life goes on just like it went on after he beat bisping. For dana if it makes money then it makes sense.

I think Khabib flatlines GSP. GSP fought the old generation. One dimensional fighters like BJ Penn, Fitch, Matt Hughes etc. Khabib is a complete fighter. Good boxing, good boxing defence, great cardio, wrestling.

wait what? good boxing???? good boxing defense?!? GSP would wax khabib on the feet.

If GSP decided to come back and fight khabib at 155 and gsp could actually make the weight, khabib would get absolutely demolished!!! He is taylor made for gsp style. Khabib poses no threat at all to gsp on the feet and would not be able to defend gsp takedowns. It would be vintage GSP. He would outwrestle a wrestler and he would stop khabib inside the distance. He would actually make it look easy as well. GSP is a NIGHTMARE matchup for khabib and gsp is no longer in his prime and that still doesnt matter! GSP would become the first ever 3 division champion! You heard it here first fellas!
Khabib is a much better wrestler and grappler then GSP. As much as I like GSP, Khabib walks through him. GSP is past his prime.

If Khabib gets him down, he will smash and wear down GSP.
If GSP gets him down, GSP will do the same.
This fight looks like Hughes vs Sherk to me.

If GSP decided to come back and fight khabib at 155 and gsp could actually make the weight, khabib would get absolutely demolished!!! He is taylor made for gsp style. Khabib poses no threat at all to gsp on the feet and would not be able to defend gsp takedowns. It would be vintage GSP. He would outwrestle a wrestler and he would stop khabib inside the distance. He would actually make it look easy as well. GSP is a NIGHTMARE matchup for khabib and gsp is no longer in his prime and that still doesnt matter! GSP would become the first ever 3 division champion! You heard it here first fellas!
Tailor made is the term. Lets see GSP make 155 (a huge stretch) much more likely a catch weight fight would have to be made. GSP was a phenomenal 170 lb. champ but to say he'd out wrestle Khabib is probably not realistic.BTW Khabib posed no threat to Conor on the feet either, right?

Last edited:
At 155, Khabib has the edge. I think GSP at 170 would have enough of a size advantage to matter. Its s great fight. I've always been interested in seeing if anyone can out wrestle GSP.

Khabib and Woodley seem like the biggest challenges to me and the ones I am most interested in seeing.

Khabib is a much better wrestler and grappler then GSP. As much as I like GSP, Khabib walks through him. GSP is past his prime.

Thats the same exact thing people were saying in virtually every lead up to every gsp fight. You do realize this yes?

Back