You ever wonder...

Elviswong1

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Do you ever wonder how much of this fight game is luck or chance, everyone is talented and sometimes skill doesn't always win the fight. I would bet if you let an athletic non fighter who was aggressive in the octagon he would win at least 1 of 10 in ufc. Thoughts..

Nah, aggression without a clue what are you doing easily leads to getting punched or thrown really hard.

Your momentum against you.

Do you ever wonder how much of this fight game is luck or chance, everyone is talented and sometimes skill doesn't always win the fight. I would bet if you let an athletic non fighter who was aggressive in the octagon he would win at least 1 of 10 in ufc. Thoughts..
Think more...

usehead 2.gif

no_medium.gif

No I don't but Stevie does. He especially did as a boy. My girl had bras that did that too. And some breads do it.

Very little is luck of chance. You can win the belt by luck for example Eddie Alvarez 2-1 in the UFC, gets a title shot against a guy who almost dies making weight, and becomes champ with a 3-1 record.

He quickly gets exposed by an even luckier guy, who never even fought in the division, and was matched with a 3-1 champ. That is luck.

But to defend your belt like Anderson Silva, GSP, Turinabones and Mighty Johnson, you have to consistently be the best. There is very little luck in doing that.

Even to win like Tony Ferguson and Max Holloway requires one to consistently be the best. Very little luck is involved. You have to train right, diet right, cut weight right and perform right on fight night.

That's like all sports, not just MMA. It's all luck. Throw me into the superbowl game 100 times and I'll score a touchdown in at least 1.

Is this how you do it?

you should go attend a local event or three. then realize that these guys are top 10% in their gyms. and then realize that only the top 10% of them go from amateur to pro. and then realize that less than 1% of those that go pro end up in the UFC, ever.

then consider the guy who is in the top 10% of his gym, in his 3rd amateur bout, he went 1-2, and looked fucking awful to you (because you're used to watching UFC). and then rethink this post. and then you'll see that you really don't have any idea what you're talking about.

but mostly you should go to the local event because the beer is cheap, it's fun, and it supports MMA.

cheers.

It blows my mind that people still think like this.

Forget MMA. Have you ever seen a street fight between someone who can fight, and someone who has no idea how to fight? That should answer your question.

Yeah there is a big luck factor, like in all the sports. For example difference between an all time great tennis player roger federer and a top 100 player is only a few points per matchs. 1 in 10 is wrong though, this works only with pro athletes that have a similar level.

Yeah there is a big luck factor, like in all the sports. For example difference between an all time great tennis player roger federer and a top 100 player is only a few points per matchs. 1 in 10 is wrong though, this works only with pro athletes that have a similar level.

just one more dying quail a week and you're in yankee stadium :)

why's he keep calling me meat? i'm the one who drives a Porche....

Oh how I wish this would happen in a MM fight.

It's right that you're always a huge punch away from being knockout, sometimes just a regular punch that was a well timed counter at the right place.

You should remember that when you are being cocky in the streets or when you spar in the gym

But at that level, even if that can happen, the skills and defense will surely make the untrained guy look stupid.

you should go attend a local event or three. then realize that these guys are top 10% in their gyms. and then realize that only the top 10% of them go from amateur to pro. and then realize that less than 1% of those that go pro end up in the UFC, ever.

then consider the guy who is in the top 10% of his gym, in his 3rd amateur bout, he went 1-2, and looked fucking awful to you (because you're used to watching UFC). and then rethink this post. and then you'll see that you really don't have any idea what you're talking about.

but mostly you should go to the local event because the beer is cheap, it's fun, and it supports MMA.

cheers.

And even before that you have the 5% of people who train martial arts

This single question has lead to more fights.

Got a brother who was insane back in the day. Literally could not be hurt and walked through shots. Lets just say he had an intensity was an animal in a fight and not someone hoping to match skills. Cliff dove, hit rock, swam to shore and had face put back together.

Depends. Is the athletic non fighter on Turinabol? If so, he's champion within 2 years.

Back