You guys hyped for the return of War Games?

wake_me

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Bout damn time they used this gimmick match.. almost got it years ago but they created the convoluted elimunation chamber instead

What? When is this happening

Teams? Shield, Miztourage, New Day? lol

WWE waited til after Dusty Rhodes died so they don't have to pay him any royalties to use the war games IP.

WWE waited til after Dusty Rhodes died so they don't have to pay him any royalties to use the war games IP.

Did he really have the IP to War Games? I thought he just came up with the concept.

I could get into it, they should have done it when the LOD retreads and Arn/Tully impersonators were all on the roster though.

zodiac.jpg

With three teams the whole concept doesn't work. You need an absolute man advantage to sell the drama with the sway of momentum. Even worse with three teams there will be very little gamesmanship, and the build to a new entrance just won't work. When it's 4 on 3 or 2 on 1 shit is exciting waiting for the odds to stack up. With 2-2-2 the next guy doesn't make too much difference, even the first winning entrant (usually the biggest story element) is basically walking into a tag match.

This isn't complicated, they tried this shit in 98 and with seven Hall of Famers (sorry Lex Luger and Stevie Ray) it was balls.

With three teams the whole concept doesn't work. You need an absolute man advantage to sell the drama with the sway of momentum. Even worse with three teams there will be very little gamesmanship, and the build to a new entrance just won't work. When it's 4 on 3 or 2 on 1 shit is exciting waiting for the odds to stack up. With 2-2-2 the next guy doesn't make too much difference, even the first winning entrant (usually the biggest story element) is basically walking into a tag match.

This isn't complicated, they tried this shit in 98 and with seven Hall of Famers (sorry Lex Luger and Stevie Ray) it was balls.

At least its not a Tower of Doom or Triple cage match. Those were fucking stupid.

Did he really have the IP to War Games? I thought he just came up with the concept.
I don't know if he legally owned the IP. I was just kind of joking, but he did invent the concept.

It could just be coincidence that they didn't use Starrcade and War Games until their creator had died.

This NXT War Games probably won't have any excessive bloodshed that made the original matches so great either. It needs that brutality factor or it's not really a proper war.

Last edited:
I read the rules and went to sleep. And I'm a lawyer and used to bullshit.

Back