You have to admit CM Punk has a great character and can become a big UFC star.

Milan

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Calling his opponent a can. Expert trolling A++++++
I was also a big fan of his banter before the Gall fight.
I really hope he does well and fights his way up. It's a great story if he shows a good performance this time, despite all the hate.
People also need to see the fact that there are 600+ fighters on the UFC roster, a lot of them are cans, it's not like CM is getting pampered into the major leagues. He got a tough first opponent and now after he had that experience I'm expecting we're going to see a solid performance that's gonna shut up all the haters.

I don't know shit about WWE, don't care to know shit, all I know about CM Punk is that people REALLY hate the guy and that he did terribly in his MMA debut.

Personally, I just hope to see the guy perform better than last time, win or lose. Apparently he's really dedicated himself to training so I'd like to see him at least put in a good effort and have a chance to make a fight of it.

Any time you get a wrestler as decorated as CM Punk it's good for MMA. We are talking about a multiple time world champion in wrestling.

I didnt know who he was until ufc announces he be fighting.. habent watch wwe or whatever since the good ol days.. when i was a pre teen

CM Punk can cut a promo but he seems to have dropped all that for MMA.

I do not have to admit that, it isn't true.

He seems like a decent dude, other than that I don't see the draw. He's 39 and has a 0-1 record, if you think that's the making of a huge star you might be a delusional WWE bro.

yeah top bants

but unfortunately for him and you TS he cant fight for shit

Attitude and personality go a long way. Fighting is 90% heart and commitment.

We can hope , endless PUNK GOAT threads followed by announcement by Dana that there will be a title fight vs Mcgregor for the 165 strap.

his next fight will go as well as the first one. id just like to see him make a fight of it.

Seems like a nice guy, but not interesting or athletic, or good at fighting.

39 and his body and face looks closer to 50. Average athlete who started training MMA way too late. No chance to be a star.

He has a shitty character, zero personality. When I first heard that a WWF guy was moving over I thought he would have some zany personality and would cut a good promo. So even if he fought like shit there would be some lulz.

But this dude...nothing. He's a depressed white guy, no shtick, no gimmick, nothing.

unless Brooks impresses inside the cage, I give zero fucks how great he sounds outside of it.

I think he was spoiled by his debut and gets hurt this time around, because Jackson prob isn't skilled enough to offer him the quick, relatively painless finish that Gall did.

we'll see. I wish the guy no ill...I just have very low expectations for him at his age, with his background, etc.

Wasteland.

B004QMBTEE_WasteLand_UXNE1._RI_SX940_.jpg

Wrong. I don’t have to admit anything. This guy is in the ufc by name alone and didn’t deserve to be in the UFC in the first place. Then he loses a fight in an embarrassing manner and gets another fight? Pure bullshit

He has the charisma, the mic skills, a huge fan base from his World Wrestling Federation days, and the most favorable matchmaking he could possibly be given (considering the fact that no AC would sanction CM Punk vs Angela Magana). If he does not manage to get a win, however, I don't think he will be in another PPV.

Back