You have to admit CM Punk has a great character and can become a big UFC star.

So a BJJ purple with a positive pro record was not a tough first opponent for an undecorated choreograph fighter? Oh. please.
Also, who said redemption? I'm making a case that if he beats his opponent there will be many behind him on the UFC roster, and with his name, fame and acting skills he will be able to catch the limelight if he starts and keeps doing well.
I'm not saying it wasn't a tough matchup for CM Punk, but literally everyone in the UFC would be a tough matchup for him.

Gall was 2-0 against 2 debuting fighters when he fought CM Punk. He absolutely did not deserve to be in the UFC yet. And neither did CM Punk.

Beating a 0-1 fighter will not prove anything.

I'm not saying it wasn't a tough matchup for CM Punk, but literally everyone in the UFC would be a tough matchup for him.

Gall was 2-0 against 2 debuting fighters when he fought CM Punk. He absolutely did not deserve to be in the UFC yet. And neither did CM Punk.

Beating a 0-1 fighter will not prove anything.

0-1 fighters: 50
0-2 fighters: 20
1-2 fighters: 26
1-1 fighters: 34

Total count entire roster: 687

If Punk wins this fight, he belongs in the UFC.

dont worry about it, once he ends up beat up again and 0-2 crying he is gonna be back on the road to the circus

0-1 fighters: 50
0-2 fighters: 20
1-2 fighters: 26
1-1 fighters: 34

Total count entire roster: 687

If Punk wins this fight, he belongs in the UFC.
Where are you getting these numbers?

He can become a UFC Star because he is already a Star to begin with. All he needs is to get that win.

He's not going to "fight his way up". From what I heard he didn't train for the Gall fight, and only was at the gym when the camera was there. I expect we will see zero improvement from him.

That is their record in the UFC.

There are a grand total of two 0-1 fighters in the UFC, and they are fighting each other on the Main Card at UFC 225.

It's an embarrassment to the UFC. It is prelims on a regional card level competition. Winning this bum fight won't all of a sudden make CM Punk credible.

If he even manages to win, and I am very skeptical of that.

He has the personality of a table leg. He is boring. and he is a awful fighter too.

The mere fact he’s on this card is a goddamn joke.

Go fight some amateur fights you scrub.

Can someone who is so absolutely, thoroughly dogshit at fighting really become a star?!

That's why I'm skeptical of people saying he's still a PPV draw, he looked like what would happen if a random guy from the audience was brought in to fight. It's fucking embarrassing and if it still draws, our society is fucked.

Back