You Know You're Getting Old When.......

I agree with a variation of this and I'm only in my early 30's. It really hit me last week, I stopped at the store after work, and a group of 18-20ish year olds crossed my path before the door, vaping and filling the air with cotton candy scented exhale. As I turned to follow behind them, I saw one of them was wearing his skinny jeans and a Mayhem hoodie.
19ad96133a133c4448c01fb76f0aee2d.jpg

He was walking around the store like he was the biggest badass on the planet, I'd like to ad he had a yellow t-shirt on underneath. For a split second I was back to my teen years thinking "what a poser, you probably bought the hoodie to scare your parents or over religious grandma"...and then it hit me, why do I give a shit what some random ass kid, or really anyone at all is wearing? Then the fact, I just had both of those thoughts back to back made me realize...I'm old. lol

What made you think he was a poser?

when grey hears move from your head down your body.

When you fondly remember a time before cell phones and social media.

I was in a taxi going home and there was a very attractive young woman in front of us . Now , its February and bitter cold and she was wearing a cropped tee shirt and cropped denim jacket with yoga pants. She had a great butt on her . My first reaction to seeing her ?

"Oh, she's going to catch her death of cold, she'll get a chill in her kidneys wearing just that..."

At that point I realised I was getting old...

I was in a taxi going home and there was a very attractive young woman in front of us . Now , its February and bitter cold and she was wearing a cropped tee shirt and cropped denim jacket with yoga pants. She had a great butt on her . My first reaction to seeing her ?

"Oh, she's going to catch her death of cold, she'll get a chill in her kidneys wearing just that..."

Ha! I had almost the exact same thing happen last winter. Freezing cold, walking to my car, group of college girls come out of a dorm, none with jackets. One in particular had a low cut, sleeveless, belly type shirt with big breasts. All i could think was "man, i can't believe she doesn't have a jacket on! What's she going to do if there is a line where she's going, or the uber breaks down?" I chuckled at realizing how old i sounded, then got in my car and decided there was no way i could ever date someone as unprepared for inclement weather as that.

If anyone needs me, i'll be yelling at the neighborhood kids to stay off my lawn.

you had signs of getting old just earlier of not using uber.

<Oku01>

Ha! I had almost the exact same thing happen last winter. Freezing cold, walking to my car, group of college girls come out of a dorm, none with jackets. One in particular had a low cut, sleeveless, belly type shirt with big breasts. All i could think was "man, i can't believe she doesn't have a jacket on! What's she going to do if there is a line where she's going, or the uber breaks down?" I chuckled at realizing how old i sounded, then got in my car and decided there was no way i could ever date someone as unprepared for inclement weather as that.

If anyone needs me, i'll be yelling at the neighborhood kids to stay off my lawn.
yelling at the cloud sounds more like it i bet.

bcf5f79bbfec28d25c129c7cb901c574

you had signs of getting old just earlier of not using uber.

<Oku01>

Well, Uber isn't exactly big where I live and it certainly wasn't a few years ago when this occurred....plus why wait for an Uber when I can walk out of the supermarket into a cab on the rank outside and be home inside 10 minutes..

46 years and counting...don't get me going on trying to post photos from this phone, that's beyond me too !

Last edited:
Well? Uber isn't exactly big where I live and it certainly wasn't a few years ago when this occurred....plus why wait for an Uber when I can walk out of the supermarket into a cab on the rank outside and be home inside 10 minutes..

46 years and counting...don't get me going on trying to post photos from this phone, that's beyond me too !
i will always like you regardless of age and actions (unless its really something deplorable), simply because you mentioned jonah lomu in the best athletes thread.

<{1-13}>

i will always like you regardless of age and actions (unless its really something deplorable), simply because you mentioned jonah lomu in the best athletes thread.

<{1-13}>

You see, I'd forgotten about that convo so I am getting old...

Watching Wales vs Tonga in Cardiff this weekend...

You see, I'd forgotten about that convo so I am getting old...

Watching Wales vs Tonga in Cardiff this weekend...
oh your euro? i didnt know. doesnt matter though. my cousin wife and kids (one who is my god daughter) lives in chelsea, london. i was just over there in august/sept. i love it there. you ever been to australia?

lol, yeah you posted that and then i posted i saw him play when i was young.

old age can hit at any time. sometimes i forget what i done less than a few days before, but i think thats because i drink alot. otherwise, at 30 my mind seems to be intact.

The bloke next to you at the pub buying a beer was born in the year 2000.

oh your euro? i didnt know. doesnt matter though. my cousin wife and kids (one who is my god daughter) lives in chelsea, london. i was just over there in august/sept. i love it there. you ever been to australia?

lol, yeah you posted that and then i posted i saw him play when i was young.

old age can hit at any time. sometimes i forget what i done less than a few days before, but i think thats because i drink alot. otherwise, at 30 my mind seems to be intact.

Nope, never been to Oz. Everything seems to exist with the sole purpose of biting, eating or poisoning you or just fuc%ing you up in one way or another!

I'm English (Not British, I don't care what they say). Bath is my local team ..

Nope, never been to Oz. Everything seems to exist with the sole purpose of biting, eating or poisoning you or just fuc%ing you up in one way or another!

I'm English (Not British, I don't care what they say). Bath is my local team ..
you should try come out to one of the (non british) lions games or series next!!! that would be a fun journey!

and aslong as you show the creatures, insects and co who is boss, you will be safe. unless they corner you when you are sleeping, but again, still standing at 30 years, so i think i got the game worked out.

No that's when you are coupled up more than just old.

Back