You Mods gotta start regulating the fighter bashing..

fightingrabbit

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
About Slice..

it seems like the Mods are treating Kimbo like a red headed step-child and turning a blind eye to the abuse hes getting from all the other kids. Im reading through all these threads about him and its just getting fucking ridiculous. Ever since the hype about him started, its just been excessive, mindless bashing by people who do it just cause they can. But i say thats BULLSHIT. Ever since Ferguson got into the MMA game, he hasnt done or said ONE fucking thing to warrant all the shit he recieves from the degenerate posters on this site making hate threads from their moms basements.

Alright maybe if he DID say shit like "Yeah im the fuckin next contender! the Champ better watch out cause imma knock his bitchass out!" then its fair game. But didnt, and he hasnt. But I challenge the haters to quote something that Kimbo has ever said or done that would make you think that he believes in his own hype.

YOU guys are the fucking tools for buying into all this hype, Not Kimbo. If anything, hes the sanest realest motherfucker out of everyone. All he wants to do is train and do what he loves to do, and thats fighting. In turn everyone fucking reacts like he just said on national television.. "Yes, I can submit Fedor Emelianenko" Honestly though, the outrage over Kimbo is almost as if he DID say that. Thats what i find fucking ridiculous.

Hes been nothing but humble and modest. He acts like a real fighter should. In fact hes as true a fighter as Fedor. Yeah thats right, i said it. You can quote me. He might never be anywhere close to Fedors skill. But he shows the demeanor, respect, hard work and sportsmanship that i bet even Fedor himself would acknowledge. Orgs and the typical sherdog lynch mob are essentially forcing words into this guys mouth and hes just sitting there in the middle of it, Being a good sport and taking it.

This forum at the moment is equivalent to The Salem Witch trials for fuck sakes. No reasoning behind the hate. No logic. Just a bunch of fucking blind sheep pointing fingers, and burning an good innocent man at the stake..

Its fucking sickening.

I enjoyed your post; thanks for putting it so obviously.

edit: For those with a mancrush on my sycophantic posts, I replied to this when it was in the contenders forum.

i dont bash kimbo i just think his hype is ridiculous, if anything you can say im bashing elite xc, kimbo is no serious contender in the world right now yet he is one of the most popular fighters and after last nights questionable stoppage/fight i think the whole kimbo hype machine is a joke now for anyone who knows anything about mma.

We as fans have the right to give our opinion on a fight. Many many many fans feel that fight was horrible, Feel Thompson was robbed, and feel Kimbo was very much exposed.

but yea whatever you were saying.....

Apologizes, I didnt realize it was you Mr.Shaw

I think Kimbo himself, is a humble person.

But I hate his marketing team. I hate Gary Shaw, and how Gary Shaw is quoted as saying "Kimbo carried this promotion" <-- uh excuse me, but way to make it obvious that you have a huge bias.

I know promoters will always have their favorites, but c'mon, don't make it so clear.

I agree to an extent. I have the utmost respect for Kimbo and what he does, but the hype surrounding him and the persona Elite XC has built up around him is absolutely ridiculous. There are going to be posts where it seems like people are bashing Kimbo, but we have to face facts. He's not a contender on the grand scale of the who's who of heavyweights. If he were being treated for what he really is, which is at the moment a mid tier heavyweight with a lot of potential but still a lot to learn, it would be different.

I agree 100%

There is no reason for them to put so much pressure on him. Shaw is a dumb ass for making that the main event and hyping it up to be somthing that it wasn't. I blame Shaw, not Kimbo.

That was not a good look for the org or the sport.

I hope he does well in his next fight.

On a side note I cant wait to hear what Chuck will say about Kimbo now:icon_twis

I dont know man, i mean what do you expect when James fucking Thompson gives him all he can handle and more and Kimbo bragging on Thompson's ground game. This guy was in the main event of a major mma show and it was disrespectful to Robbie Lawler. I could care less if people bash Kimbo. Just let the kids have their fun, i think its funny.

i dont bash kimbo i just think his hype is ridiculous, if anything you can say im bashing elite xc, kimbo is no serious contender in the world right now yet he is one of the most popular fighters and after last nights questionable stoppage/fight i think the whole kimbo hype machine is a joke now for anyone who knows anything about mma.

Exactly. The hype IS ridiculous. But Kimbo is in no way associated with it, besides the fact that everyones seen him on youtube. All that other hype about him being a "street fighting legend" or "the next big thing". Its stupid, Kimbo knows it too and if he wasnt getting paid, He'd put all that hype down by his own words.

But again he does it through his attitude. Hes practically shouting it out through his demeanor in interviews and footage. "I AM JUST A REGULAR FUCKING GUY"

but honestly people are too stupid or too blind to see it.

^^^^ agree 100%,
the man is making a living let him be. Shit all this hate because he doesnt have the pedigree of some Black belt in "insert fighting style here" or medals or college wrestling background.

Kimbo " Rogers why-- you are a hater Rogers you are a Hater."

Overall, I think he is a sideshow and would get murdered against any Top 20-30 HW. His opponents have been TERRIBLE even JT (who I think earned a TKO in the 2nd after crucifixing Kimbo for nearly 2 minutes).

If thinking and stating that is considered fighter bashing then I guess I'm guilty. But I haven't said anything against him personally, I just think all the hype surrounding him is bad for MMA. He is NOT giving positive exposure to the sport of MMA. It's ridiculous.

I agree to an extent. I have the utmost respect for Kimbo and what he does, but the hype surrounding him and the persona Elite XC has built up around him is absolutely ridiculous. There are going to be posts where it seems like people are bashing Kimbo, but we have to face facts. He's not a contender on the grand scale of the who's who of heavyweights. If he were being treated for what he really is, which is at the moment a mid tier heavyweight with a lot of potential but still a lot to learn, it would be different.

again.. With this statement you missed my point.

People seem to think he ASKED for this attention. That he ASKED to be on the main card. I can most definitely gurantee you he didnt ask for any of this special treatment. Get it right, his promoters are to blame. Leave him out of the bashing.

If you think he loves all this hype and WANTS it to grow, then you guys are just real bad judges of character.

I think Shaw took a big gamble with this and he knows it. If Kimbo would have KO'ed Thompson in the 1st it really would have been a damn good night for Elite XC. As it turns out, Shaw just put way to much pressure on Kimbo and it back fired on him. He took a gamble and he lost.

I don't think it was fixed either, I just think the ref was a dip shit.

I hope Kimbo comes back with a big win. They need to be more honest with Kimbo and tell it like it is. He's just starting out. He's only been training for a year. Don't make him out to be the bddest dude on the planet in his 3rd fight.

again.. With this statement you missed my point.

People seem to think he ASKED for this attention. That he ASKED to be on the main card. I can most definitely gurantee you he didnt ask for any of this special treatment. Get it right, his promoters are to blame. Leave him out of the bashing.

If you think he loves all this hype and WANTS it to grow, then you guys are just real bad judges of character.

Yeah, I really think Kimbo would rather not have so much hype to. You could see it in his face at the press confrance.

He also looked VERY nervous before the fight. It's obvious that he was feeling the pressure. Give the dude a break.

This guy was in the main event of a major mma show and it was disrespectful to Robbie Lawler.

yeah it was ALL kimbos idea. He had the jurisdiction to make himself head the Main Event of this major MMA show called EliteXC. Hes the boss. He has the last say on things.:rolleyes:

listen to yourself.

i think i exhausted my supply of F words.

Exactly. The hype IS ridiculous. But Kimbo is in no way associated with it, besides the fact that everyones seen him on youtube. All that other hype about him being a "street fighting legend" or "the next big thing". Its stupid, Kimbo knows it too and if he wasnt getting paid, He'd put all that hype down by his own words.

But again he does it through his attitude. Hes practically shouting it out through his demeanor in interviews and footage. "I AM JUST A REGULAR FUCKING GUY"

but honestly people are too stupid or too blind to see it.

well its only a matter of time until the kimbo warwagon comes crashing down, elite xc wont be taken very seriously much longer if it keeps up with promotions like last nights event.

Back