10-30-15

Race Prep:

4 miles, street and trail, 47 minutes, 11:75 pace

11-01-16

Race Prep:
7 miles, street and trail, 98 minutes, 14:00 pace

10-19-2017

Update:

Ran the half marathon in February. Something under 11 minute mile pace.
After that I just stopped working out completely.
I needed to conquer a lingering demon and so disappeared for a while and handled that.
The workouts I have been doing lately haven't been worth keeping track of...but, I am putting together a garage gym that will allow me to bench, squat, dead lift, and do things like pull ups and dips.
If it turns into something meaningful, and my workouts pick up, I'll post them here.

Training is starting again soon.
It'll probably be mostly Judo and BJJ sessions at first, and then we'll see where it goes from there.
I need a place to record the workouts, and Sherdog still seems the best place to keep a log to me. + OG loyalty.
Weight 215 lbs / 97kg, and rocking 31% body fat.
Need to be able to compete in Judo / BJJ at 73kg, so I've got some work to do.

So you are going from 215 to 160. How many decades do you think that will take?

Good to see ya back. I haven't really done much besides record my workouts. Same reason as you, of I don't have a better place to keep them.

Definitely gonna take some work to get to your goal. That's a big drop, even over 6 months...

Hey, good to see you RedNeck. It's going to be tough. From experience I know that I can lose 10-15 lbs fairly quickly and easily. After that it's going to get gnarly.

I weighed in at 218 lbs and 33% bf this morning. I'm 5'8" (I've lost an inch somewhere over the years). So, i.e. fat.
Yesterday I went to Hot Yoga.
I ignore any woo-woo new agey stuff that comes out of the instructors mouth for the most part during class. It's a physical endeavour for me, not a spiritual one.
I think it helps with my flexibility in BJJ and Judo. And there's a certain mental toughness that I think it can bring out.
It's usually about an hour and 15 minutes long at 105 F.

I'd like to get to 165 lbs in 6 months.
It can be done. This was damn near my exact deal this year. I was as high as 215 Fall of ‘20. Started low 200’s first of this year and got to 168 for 4th of July. Keto and lots of running.

It can be done. This was damn near my exact deal this year. I was as high as 215 Fall of ‘20. Started low 200’s first of this year and got to 168 for 4th of July. Keto and lots of running.

Nice. Thanks, good to know!

Jan. 3
Hot Yoga

Jan. 4
BJJ

Jan. 6
BJJ

Starting weigh in (Dec.21): 218 lb.
Todays weigh in: 206 lb.
Goal: 165 lb

Notes:
I'm very out of shape. Cardio, strength, confidence, you name it. My beer gut sometimes literally gets in the way of some of my movements in both Yoga and BJJ.
Eventually weight lifting will be added to my routine, but it's going to be a bit.

Watching a really cool Netflix doc Fearless, about Brazilian bull riders. Man those guys are tough. I definitely recommend checking it out.

Deep half and top side-control. Lay that big old gut on those skinny youngsters and make them beg for mercy.

01-08-2022

Hot Yoga
Sweaty, stinky, and fucking hot.

Later I went for short jog around the neighborhood just to absorb some vitamin d and get the lungs going a little.

Back