You vs either Terry Silver John Kreese Or Mike Barnes?

Ogata

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I am talking about one on one and not back to back. With the training and life experience you have, how would you do against these guys in a street fight? This is considering the martial arts display of their characters that have been exhibited vs your current skillset of whatever martial arts or wrestling you have done in the past.

Myself, I am well versed in boxing and sambo. But I am on the smaller side and so the results would be:

I would beat Mike Barnes easy because he is aggressive and charges forward. I would catch him with a jab and hit him with a combo and he would clinch and I would pull some sambo magic. Mike Barnes is not Cobra Kai trained and thus not well versed in stand up grappling.

I would beat John Kreese but take damage. He is a big guy and overall, Cobra Kai style karate has lots of throws and stand up grappling as shown in the new series that they do train in grappling but make tons of mistakes as shown in season 2 of cobra kai with the Kreese and Lawrence doing grappling drills.

I would get head kick KO'd by Terry Silver because he is bigger and more athletic and because of his crazy insane personality I would probably get shook up psychologically and get flustered like Aldo did. That and because of his height my boxing would not work as well and he has insane low kicks and sweeps. Terrible match up for me.

This is the location of the fight:

Cliffs:

I would beat Banes and Kreese but would get owned by Terry Silver rather quickly

Siver is the only one that would kick my ass.

Well I wouldn't have much trouble with Karate Kid 2 and 3 versions of Kreese. All the guy does is punch glass and get KO'd from sliding forward on the ground.

Meh I don’t know the size of any of them. I’d run if it came down to it

Silver would definitely be the toughest matchup, I think I would clinch either take him down or pull guard.

What about the new generation? Hawk would be dangerous because of his flashy techniques, but I feel like pressure grappling would break him. Robbie's pretty explosive, definitely got to watch the kicks. The new gen it's still a little too young to pose a huge threat, but give them up a couple years and they could be a dangerous fight.

Isn't Terry Silver the lawyer from Power?
Edit: A karate kid

Terry Assaah Silver was a real bad ass.

Terry Assaah Silver was a real bad ass.

Greatest Kia ever!

Fun fact, the actor of Terry Silver, Thomas Ian Griffith has played different characters who had martial arts ability and yet despite playing different roles, he still had his signature ASSSAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!

I am talking about one on one and not back to back. With the training and life experience you have, how would you do against these guys in a street fight? This is considering the martial arts display of their characters that have been exhibited vs your current skillset of whatever martial arts or wrestling you have done in the past.

Myself, I am well versed in boxing and sambo. But I am on the smaller side and so the results would be:

I would beat Mike Barnes easy because he is aggressive and charges forward. I would catch him with a jab and hit him with a combo and he would clinch and I would pull some sambo magic. Mike Barnes is not Cobra Kai trained and thus not well versed in stand up grappling.

I would beat John Kreese but take damage. He is a big guy and overall, Cobra Kai style karate has lots of throws and stand up grappling as shown in the new series that they do train in grappling but make tons of mistakes as shown in season 2 of cobra kai with the Kreese and Lawrence doing grappling drills.

I would get head kick KO'd by Terry Silver because he is bigger and more athletic and because of his crazy insane personality I would probably get shook up psychologically and get flustered like Aldo did. That and because of his height my boxing would not work as well and he has insane low kicks and sweeps. Terrible match up for me.

This is the location of the fight:

Cliffs:

I would beat Banes and Kreese but would get owned by Terry Silver rather quickly

Not gonna lie, shotokan guys crosstrain with us in our judo club because the brother of my judo instructor went the path of karate and would bring his students with him. We would do a variation of kudo at the end of the night. Why variation? Because even with 14 oz gloves, I would still double leg, mount, and armbar. So they just automatically reset everytime it hits the ground. I did get hit with body kicks plenty of time tho.

Terry Silver? Ghost already murked him for fucking Tasha in the parking garage.

Not a fair fight; I'm a Sherdogger, so obviously I'd just,

<{cuts}>

Then finish them with Arm Bar:)

Terry Silver has a front foot heavy stance, leans too far forward. But all his attacks are launched by pushing off the rear leg. This means he has to awkwardly shift weight (first standing up, because his legs and hips aren't sufficiently strong) each time he's about to attack, giving a full second or more of telegraph-- an eternity in a sparring or fight situation-- and a wobbly delivery. He doesn't/can't block attacks because his forward-tilted stance does not contain the balance to allow it.

This absence of a guard and inability to make quick adjustments or even retreat renders him extremely vulnerable to throws (or shoves) or any kind of attack to his head which he has placed on a tee close to one's hands. Even a pro boxer couldn't do crap with this posture and would get merked by slow, subpar jabs. Or just stiff, repeated slaps.

The only danger is if he gets so frustrated that he stops doing what he trained in and just goes apesh* berserk-- rushing, latching onto and furiously gnawing into whatever he can grab. The crouched forward posture can work for wrestling, but he would have to suddenly learn to adjust it so that there was still some weight on the back foot in order for him to launch off of it quickly enough for it to be a surprise. The way he is currently, he would be limited to falling forward to start the momentum (slow to accelerate and very obvious) and continue running in a mostly straight line to avoid falling over

Last edited:
Back