Young rising prospect Erick Silva vs Jordan Mein set for UFC on Fox 26

• Thread starter Deleted member 501827
  • Start date
Big step up for Silva. They're really trying to build him up.

This joke was old when Erick was still actually young.

Wait, that can't be right.

You were probably saying the same thing about Anderson Silva when Daiju Takase submitted him.

Uh, no. Anderson was able to string wins together against decent competition and established a following with remarkable performances against top-notch competition; Eric Silva looks good against scrubs, loses key fights and is only interesting for his fan base that never considered the fact that he was mediocre from the outset; hence the running joke about him needing another opportunity to show his capabilities.

Who the fook is that young kid? Never heard of him
<FookIsThatGuy>

This "young prospect " Erick Silva has been a meme here on Sherdog, but does anyone know how this joke started?
Joe Rogan used to, in all seriousness, say stuff like, he's just a kid, a young prospect etc. It's like when Goldie used to talk about a washed up chuck with that look in his eyes

Joe Rogan used to, in all seriousness, say stuff like, he's just a kid, a young prospect etc. It's like when Goldie used to talk about a washed up chuck with that look in his eyes

Oh, I get it, lol! Thanks for the info.

And LOL@ Chuck with that look in his eyes. I remember "motivated BJ Penn", too. <Lmaoo>

If jordan loses to erick he should retire.

He should have ran through the last two opponents.

young prospect are you taking a piss he's like 38 years old and been in the ufc for ten years

Mein has looked horrible his last few fights.Also,this stupid joke like Mein,has passed it's prime.

Erick's so young he makes the California Kid look old.

This 'young prospect' joke is almost as stale as Erick Silva at this point.

Man this kid had a bad start but look at him now!
<{Fergie}>
Erick is special

Silva jokes are old but they're never boring and always deliver.

I expect everyone to jump on the Silva bandwagon after this marquee victory.

This guys the future, he's just a different breed than the older guard.

I expect him to lay waste to the division and be a defending champ before he turns 22

If jordan loses to erick he should retire.

He should have ran through the last two opponents.

Yea Mein is a beast but he should've stayed retired.. you can tell his heart isn't in it anymore. Dude honestly hasn't been the same since the Matt Brown/Thiago Alves fights. I hope he puts it together comes in hungry and starts whooping guys, the skills are all there but the body might already be giving out and the mind getting tired. Dudes been fighting since he was like 15 or some shit.

I don't know how these jokes started but they're hilarious haha

Back