Your absolute favorite wrestling moment/memory

lakersfan45

That's sardo! No mr, accent on the do!
@Gold
Reaction score
easy for me. Iron man match WM 12 shawn not tapping to the sharp shooter. My buddy and I were jumping around screaming like a mad man . I had never and never will be into a match/moment as much as I was in that minute. I wouldn't even have cared if Shawn lost in the overtime. The fact that he stayed in the sharpshooter knowing that time was gonna expire and gutted it out was the most epic thing in the world to me at the time.

Wrestlemania 17.

Wrestlemania 17.

I remember so many people being upset at school the next day. I had no horse in the race so I just enjoyed it for what it was.

Me and Lakersfan have discussed our love of the boyhood dream angle many times. It is my first memory of wrestling and honestly one of the first memories I can really recall. However, I didn't actually watch WM 12 until later and only saw the angle through Superstar buildups and Raw recaps so for something I actually saw live I'm going with

goldberg-slams-hogan-o.gif

Good question but I really can't remember a good one. The first thing that came to mind is when Goldberg debut on Raw and speared Rock. I was really a big Goldberg fan as a kid and that one put a smile on my face. Also Hogan's epic moment when he saved Eugene at Wrestlemania from Hassan made me lol everytime. It was awesome to watch.

Absolute fav ..... hard to say, but I remember literally jumping with joy when Jimmy Valiant unmasked Assassin #2.

The Benoit/Guerrero joint celebration at the end of WrestleMania XX.

There are so many, back in the glory days at least IMO... Stone Cold and Rock had some epic battles. Undertaker chokeslamming Rikishi off the Cell into the back of that truck. Most of the hardcore title matches, that was my favorite championship. Kane vs. Raven vs. Big Show (if I recall correctly) was probably my favorite.

Mankind tagteaming with Kane was really great, too. That just sort of seemed right.

Good question but I really can't remember a good one. The first thing that came to mind is when Goldberg debut on Raw and speared Rock. I was really a big Goldberg fan as a kid and that one put a smile on my face. Also Hogan's epic moment when he saved Eugene at Wrestlemania from Hassan made me lol everytime. It was awesome to watch.
hell yeah i was there live for this one. marking out like an idiot

Stone cold Steve Austin is striking anything that by God moves

DDP dressed up like La Parka hitting the Diamond Cutter and Scott Hall running down from the announce table to try and catch him. Also I remember laughing to the point of tears at Chris Jericho vs Dean Malenko and how crazy pissed Iceman seemed.

DB winning the title at 30, DB leaving the Wyatts, Seth winning the title at WM 31, beating Cena in a barnburner at Summerslam for both

Rock vs Austin at WM 19. I always wanted to go to a wwe show as a kid and never got to. I remember begging to go and trying to negotiate no birthday or no christmas if we could go to a show as a kid lol.

Anyway that was my first show and the only show I've ever been able to go to. It had the last Rock vs Austin Match with Rock going over, plus my childhood hero Hogan was on the card. Jericho, Michaels, Taker, Angle, Brock, Benoit, Trips, most of my favorite guys were on that card. I'll never forget it and I still have the old weathered ticket stubs.

I was there in the Georgia Dome when Goldberg beat Hogan. Even my 45 year old dad was marking out.

Some honorable mentions:

-When Hall showed up on Nitro. I think I was watching Raw at the time (Steve Doll vs the Mauler wasn't best for business when I was 10) and my friend called me saying that Razor Ramon was on Nitro. None of us had any idea that him and Diesel had left.
-The Rock throwing Austin in the river. Everyone was talking about it at school the next day.
-Lots of good memories watching 99 and 2000 WWF with my parents (my mom was an even bigger fan than my dad). All of us shrieking like Lawler when Mae Young showed her (prosthetic) tits during the 2000 Royal Rumble.
-The end of the Monday Night War with Vince live on both programs. My generation's Berlin Wall moment.
-How pissed my dad was when Austin turned heel at Wrestlemania 17. That was the high mark and we all lost interest during the Invasion angle and stopped watching (I didn't start again until 05).

Seeing Shawn Michaels last match live at WM 26. The crowd was absolutely rabid for both guys. It was surreal, as it was also my first live event.

Luger racking Hogan on Nitro in August 1997. Of course he jobbed it back 6 days later at Hog Wild. Fuck Hogan.

Luger racking Hogan on Nitro in August 1997. Of course he jobbed it back 6 days later at Hog Wild. Fuck Hogan.
Luger only got the strap because it was a clause in his contract when he came back to WCW in September 95. He had to be WCW champion within two years and Bischoff forgot about it until then. Hogan had to get the belt back so they could continue building toward him and Sting at Starrcade.

Back