Your best movie theater experience......

The entire epic movie of course, but seeing (& hearing) the botched heist scene in particular in HEAT at the theater for the first time is something I will never forget. Shocking. It seemed to go on forever.

Man watching the Heat bank heist in the cinema would be something. Just watching it on youtube it blows my mind with dat sound design

I got head at some kids movie after prom, that was pretty cool.

I think all of my best movie going experiences involved fellatio or handys

Jurassic Park - It's the first movie I remember seeing in theatres.

The Descent - I like the movie itself, but the fact that I was the only person in the theatre (Tuesday matinee) made it extra creepy.

Life of Pi and Avatar in 3D - ...on marijuana.

LSD at the movies is fun.

At about 15 yrs old I went to the movies with a few friends all on acid to see a horror movie can't remember which one.
We were in our seats acid kicking in starting to uncontrollably laugh and chain smoking cigarettes before the movie starts.
Then the usher came over and told us we had to leave because we didn't have anyone 18 or over with us so we had to go see Crockadile Dundee instead.
I remember riding my bike home trying to remember what the movie was about incase my parents asked.

I just remember really cool looking waves crashing across the screen from left to right.

I wish real LSD was still around :(
LSD is always around. Just gotta know the right people

Dumb and Dumber
Se7en
Basic Instinct
IMAX: The Young Black Stallion

Opening night for Blair Witch. Full theater. Lights go down. A baby starts crying in the theater. A lone hero's voice yells from the dark...
giphy.gif

Everyone laughed then applauded and the baby (and family) left the theater.

LSD is always around. Just gotta know the right people

I've heard that and found it to be something chemically similar but definitely not the same.
I guess you'll always have people who import some but it doesn't seem to be made in the US anymore. not in large amounts anyway.
I haven't really made any real efforts in years though. I thought the issue was that the Government put some necessary components on an "impossible to get" list.

Black Swan left me stuck in my seat until the credits finished, like spiritual experience level blown away. I was up all night and went to see the sunrise the next morning and it was greatest sunrise EVER. As you can see, the experience still hasn't left me 7 years later, lmao. Nothing else comes close

I enjoyed The Town in theater, too.

OH!!! how could I forget: Mad Max: Fury Road on several different doses of LSD. I saw it many times in theater and it was great every time... the colors were so amazing tripping and some movies are better tripping than others... like you have to buy into the characters to really enjoy a movie tripping, it's not just about visuals, and Mad Max had that in spades, all those characters fucking BELIEVED in what they were doing, they were willing to die AND it had amazing visuals. It was great.

Still not as good as Black Swan was stone-cold sober, but that's probably 2nd best for me.

Last edited:
My dad took me and my brother to see 3 Ninjas instead of going to church. I hated going to church as a kid.

Back when Paranormal Activity was still in limited release me and some buddies drove 3 hours to Austin TX so we could see it. We waited in line for a few hours with tons of people and got super baked, ended up enjoying the movie a lot even though it was kind of dumb.

I've heard that and found it to be something chemically similar but definitely not the same.
I guess you'll always have people who import some but it doesn't seem to be made in the US anymore. not in large amounts anyway.
I haven't really made any real efforts in years though. I thought the issue was that the Government put some necessary components on an "impossible to get" list.
There was a few years a chemical called NBOME was released and was super cheap that took over the LSD market. Easy way to tell right away is if it has a taste because LSD is tasteless. Now that NBOME is a scheduled drug LSD has been making a come back. I haven't done it years myself but I know a few people who enjoy it a few times a year

Wow, interesting. Same movie, different experience. Mine was an afternoon matinee and I sat near the front. I think I was alone in the theatre except maybe one or two (literally) at the back. I was terrified but felt really alive too. I went on a massive horror bender afterward.

Dang that must have been freaky to been in there alone!

It's probably difficult for younger folks to realize how crazy that movie was when it came out. There was NOTHING like it. Everybody was so hyped over it. And then when you saw it, it was one of the scariest and most fun movies imaginable.

In recent memory it must have neen Gravity.

Came in not expecting anything, but then I was on the edge of my seat the whole movie.

I thought the experience was insane.

Man watching the Heat bank heist in the cinema would be something. Just watching it on youtube it blows my mind with dat sound design

I saw it way back then, and then just a few months ago when they re-released it in theaters across the US for one night only. It was great seeing it again that way after all these years.

Hopefully a cool arthouse theater (sorry, theatre) near you plays it sometime

When that glass of water starts shaking. So awesome

I was 6 years old and all my dad told me was we were gonna go see a movie about dinosaurs. That shit will forever be the greatest cinema experience of my life.

Probably Star Wars, back when it was just called Star Wars. Seeing that as a kid in teh theater was such a marvel for my young self.

Best was when I was a kid and my sister who worked at a theater would take me with her to watch free movies. Free popcorn and soda too. Wasn't often so it was cool when it happened.

Worst was when my friend convinced to go watch some Star Wars movie with him. We had to sit in the very front row because it was packed. I stopped looking up after a while because I didn't really care about the movie enough to deal with a sore neck. There was also a lot of LOUD cheering and what sounded like forced laughter from the crowd. Never again.

Back