Your best movie theater experience......

Pulp Fiction for me. I went back the next night and saw it again.

Enjoyed Forrest Gump in the theater. Jurassic Park was epic

Jackass 3D

I got stupid high with a bunch of friends then went to see Jackass, good times were had by all.

hqdefault.jpg

"Listen you little bitch! You hang up on me again and I'll gut you like a fish!"
<{danawhoah}>
Shit got real in a hurry. One of the GOAT horrors.

For me it was The Dark Knight. Midnight showing on opening day. Just an instant classic genre defining experience. Everybody applauded and popped for the spot where the bat pod hits the wall and spins around to face Joker.

Interstellar. Must be seen in the theatre to be appreciated. The loudest sound effects and score I've ever heard. There were times when I thought the theatre made a mistake and had the audio up too loud. The docking scene literally put me on the edge of my seat and I can't remember that happening another time.

It's not an experience unless you experience permanent hearing loss.

Last edited:
fuckin mad max fury road. shit was captivating. blew me away, it was intense as fuck.

Black Swan left me stuck in my seat until the credits finished, like spiritual experience level blown away. I was up all night and went to see the sunrise the next morning and it was greatest sunrise EVER. As you can see, the experience still hasn't left me 7 years later, lmao. Nothing else comes close

I enjoyed The Town in theater, too.

OH!!! how could I forget: Mad Max: Fury Road on several different doses of LSD. I saw it many times in theater and it was great every time... the colors were so amazing tripping and some movies are better tripping than others... like you have to buy into the characters to really enjoy a movie tripping, it's not just about visuals, and Mad Max had that in spades, all those characters fucking BELIEVED in what they were doing, they were willing to die AND it had amazing visuals. It was great.

Still not as good as Black Swan was stone-cold sober, but that's probably 2nd best for me.
man as soon as I clicked on this thread I started going through to see if anyone else posted mad max fury road, I knew someone else would have. shit was amazing.

Best experience = getting a bj during a movie marathon event when I was 15. Those were some wild ass nights.

Midnight-opening-day showing of Episode 1 in San Diego. Nevermind whether the film sucked or not, the atmosphere was incredible. Every screen in the theater was showing TPM, SW nerds for miles.

I was at a pub with friends that night, and I left the pub and hit up the theatre like 5 minutes before it started and got a single seat. Got a hotdog and nachos and watched Ep1 1/2 drunk. Was cool.

I got a handie during Independence Day.

I went to a theatre in Chicago to see an old Rus Myer movie. The place had tables and served ribs and stuff. They encouraged being loud, yelling at the screen etc.

When I was a kid and the theater with stadium seating and better sound opened.

I'm not even Jewish, but

This trailer pretty much sums up everything I loved about movie trailers as a kid. You just don't hear that over serious narration anymore. I'm watching the trailer -- just the trailer -- and as it finishes I look over at my buddy -- and we both have tears streaming down our faces and lightened the mood by both saying, "Jesus Christ!"

We were pretty high.

Week later some other friends tell us the same thing happened to them. It's a very affecting and effective trailer. For propaganda.

This movie was the only time I ever saw the film itself actually catch on fire in the theater. It was cool because you could see the film bubbling and melting right on the projection. There was like a 10 minute break for them to reset, and then the movie carried on.

Interstellar or Inglorious Basterds. They were mind blowing masterpieces that kept me silent and thinking for hours afterwards.

LOTR: Fellowship Of The Ring on shrooms was quite the experience.

Back