Your Best Subject?

PE. I managed a 1.2 GPA during an ill-fated, love-torn sophomore semester at Uni....but still got an A in Tennis.

English

Yes, it’s helped me quite a bit in my career.

I did well in everything for the most part. The only times I actually made bad grades was when I played around a lot and failed to complete assignments. I did that for only a brief stint because performing badly was embarrassing as hell to me.

History. Useless as shit unless it's to impress people with my shallow knowledge.

History. I really liked to learn about ancient people like Egyptians, Greeks, Romans and Mesopotamians.
Today I've a PhD in Conspiracy Theories.

Aptitude’s include science, chemistry and art.

Accounting. Maybe a little, but not really.

I can do it all. No weaknesses.
I mean seriously... how could a guy who's good at Calculus be bad at reading? It don't make no sense.

I got second place in the fifth grade spelling bee. I am still mad that I got second place and it isn't because I lost it is because the girl I went up against they gave her the easiest word to spell and me the hardest. She won as a result and I lost

The first class I had back in 11th grade was a typing class and I'd be done with my typing assignments like a good 20 minutes early and would have nothing to do. Teacher didn't like the fact that I didn't do the ASDFGHJKL method with my hands and said the way I was typing was all wrong. I let her know that I type faster than everyone the class and even faster than you.

As for what was my best subject. I was pretty decent in English, excelled at social studies/history, science I was alright in but the one subject I struggled with was math and I still am pretty bad at it. The subject I excelled at the most was computer repair in 11th grade and computer networking in 12th grade. My high school gave students the option in 11th and 12th grade to go half day to BOCES to learn a trade of their choice (Computers, Auto Mechanic, Hair Salon, Cooking, and a bunch of other things). When I was 6 my father got us our first PC back in early 1990 and it cost just shy of $4,000 bucks. Getting that computer at such a young age made me fall in love with computing. Because of that and when given the option in 11th grade I decided to do the BOCES thing and now I computer repair for a living.

One final note. I was in special ed until 5th grade. I was taken out of said class in 4th grade for science and English. When 5th grade came around I was put in a regular class room but taken out for math. Like I said before I am pretty shitty at math. My middle school had a psychologist and I would sit with him once a week for 30 minutes and just talk about stuff. In 7th grade I was given an IQ test by him and the school administration in which I scored just shy of 140 which would put me in the gifted category. I've been thinking about getting another IQ test done

Last edited:
The first class I had back in 11th grade was a typing class and I'd be done with my typing assignments like a good 20 minutes early and would have nothing to do. Teacher didn't like the fact that I didn't do the ASDFGHJKL method with my hands and said the way I was typing was all wrong. I let her know that I type faster than everyone the class and even faster than you.

How are you typing if you don't use asdf jkl; as "home" keys?

How are you typing if you don't use asdf jkl; as "home" keys?
I use my two middle fingers and pointer fingers for most all of the letter typing, my left thumb for the space bar, my right and left pinky fingers for shift and what not

Economics, biology, philosophy. I also had low-grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery, all of which have contributed to a general malaise and 206-0 streetfighting record that only the genius possess and the insane lament

Last edited:
I was like a geography savant. I never pursued it because I was thinking of the $$$ and I went into IT instead, not knowing that there were billions of Chinese and Indian people who had like +10 Computers as a racial perk. I could've been the Michael Jordan of geography

I took it at Uni and its only use has been picking out holiday destinations, most of the time your just sticking an orga into a damp field in Wales or if your lucky freezing to death in the Cairngorms at -20 C.

I remember thinking I was destined to me a number cruncher at school doing well at Maths but having dyslexia in terms of spelling(although not reading) and the only subjects I didn't get an A-C(when that ment something in the mid 90's) were craft and art, 20 years latter I end up working as an art photographer. Secondary school certainly didn't help here, I remember enjoying art previously but being constantly berated for not producing what was desired there and not showing much interest for the next decade as a result.

History at uni/college, was obviously good at that at school too + English Literature and Classics.

Too early to say how it'll serve me going forward in terms of career specifics.

I did best in Danish back in high school.

And yeah, I currently work as a proof reader/journalist, so it actually did help me.

Back