Your favorite handgun

J-frame .38 is my favorite. Never jams, doesn't care about bullet profile, allows contact shots, and very concealable. I prefer hammerless as it's easier to draw and less likely to snag, and I won't be shooting them single-action anyway.

images

My favorite auto is a Glock. It is a reliable tool, nothing fancy. I'm not wealthy enough to justify owning fancy stuff (safe queens), and I don't hunt, so all my guns are for HD/SD: Glock, AK, 12ga pump, and revolvers.

My personal favorites are:

My Kimber PLE II; although I would like to upgrade to the Grand Raptor.

As far as revolvers, like Hunto said, you cant go wrong with a Smith J Frame. I have the 642CT which is hammerless and came with a nice Crimson Trace laser grip.

But for lots of fun at the range, my .460XVR Smith takes the cake. Fires three different rounds and always draws a crowd.

Beretta PX4 Storm

Love this gun for always, its one of the few semis I have that has been 100% reliable for years and I will always favor the traditional DA/SA with a manual safety. Just as accurate as any of the other poly framed weapons combined with many sizes of the same gun all the way up to the carbine CX4.

Plus it looks like a Ferrari compared to a Ford F-150 when held up next to a Glock

DSC_0280-1.jpg

fmpdnm.jpg

DSC_0933.jpg

Beretta PX4 Storm

Love this gun for always, its one of the few semis I have that has been 100% reliable for years and I will always favor the traditional DA/SA with a manual safety. Just as accurate as any of the other poly framed weapons combined with many sizes of the same gun all the way up to the carbine CX4.

Plus it looks like a Ferrari compared to a Ford F-150 when held up next to a Glock

DSC_0280-1.jpg

fmpdnm.jpg

DSC_0933.jpg

Except that's an XDM, not a Glock. But I do agree. The Px4 is more aesthetically pleasing, than the XDM. By the way are those Trijicon sights aftermarket?

Except that's an XDM, not a Glock. But I do agree. The Px4 is more aesthetically pleasing, than the XDM. By the way are those Trijicon sights aftermarket?

For sure, I didn't mean to make a direct comparison with my pictures but here is a pic next to my G30

DSC_0065.jpg

Yup aftermarket night sights, sent the slide to Trijicon to have them installed since a PX4 sight pusher seems so be a hard thing to come by

For sure, I didn't mean to make a direct comparison with my pictures but here is a pic next to my G30

DSC_0065.jpg

Yup aftermarket night sights, sent the slide to Trijicon to have them installed since a PX4 sight pusher seems so be a hard thing to come by

I dig that Cougar. Beretta 8400 or Stoeger? Duracoated? 9mm or .40? Sorry for all the questions, just love guns.

I dig that Cougar. Beretta 8400 or Stoeger? Duracoated? 9mm or .40? Sorry for all the questions, just love guns.

Stoeger 8000f 9mm
Cabelas has(had?) special editions finished in silver with Stoeger wood grips, those are Hogue aluminum grips.

DSC_0553.jpg

DSC_0564.jpg

Stoeger 8000f 9mm
Cabelas has(had?) special editions finished in silver with Stoeger wood grips, those are Hogue aluminum grips.

DSC_0553.jpg

DSC_0564.jpg

Nice. In the first pic it looked white. The Hogues set It off though.

Nice, looks worth every penny.

It's, actually, one of the better bargains for a 1911. Lower accessory rail, extended dovetail, Novak sights, combat trigger...it's got all the fixin's and the cost is not too shabby. Punisher grips are separate though. ;-)

No surprise mine is the CZ-75, primarily my CZ-75 Long Slide custom

CZ-75-CTS-LS-left-300x206.jpg

CZ-75's are the most issues pistol in military and law enforcement for a good reason, they are built on the Browning design and the slide mounted inside the frame rails make for a very accurate pistol, coupled with the low bore axis make it a favorite with the production shooting crowd.

The single action can be easily tuned to almost the level of a fine 1911 and for the budget shooter, the Tanfoglio Witness Match is a CZ clone that can be had for about $500 and will outshoot pistols costing 2-4 times as much.

Last edited:
Back